• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Feel good moment's early in transition.

Red_Lauren.

I really wasn't expecting comments I got this weekend, and this morning at my first laser hair appointment. At least not this early, or with out surgery's

I saw my waxing lady this weekend. I have been seeing her for almost a year, and over the last few months. We have become closer. Maybe not close friends, but I consider her in my inner circle now. As she was doing her work. I must have missed a spot shaving on my chest, and didn't know it. She then said let me take of this spot between your boobs. let me say im a bit fluffy, so I got "boobs". I asked did she just called them boobs. She said of course they are, and you are wearing a bra. What else would I call them? I thanked her for that one. 

Yesterday I also had my first laser treatment. As it turns out my laser lady also dose hair for a living. She said she loved my hair color which is my natural color. According to her and my current hair dresser. Its a auburn color. That many woman want, but can't get. She was suggesting things she would love to do. Which pretty munch my hair dresser and I have been talking about for a while now.  As she was doing the treatment. We got talking about makeup, and my struggles with finding a good foundation a few years ago. She said I don't need makeup, and my skin in very beautiful all ready. I told her I wear it to even out my tone, and she understood. I honestly didn't expect to hear I don't need makeup. Im just as comfortable with out it, but I do like to wear it. 

After the last few days. I have been on cloud 9 in a way. 

• Forum Moderator

Hey, on the boobs front, take what you can get. That's coming from a 42 A. ? Good on her for the recognition though! Wave your boob flag high!

I used to get that a lot. I had auburn hair too. (Stupid alopecia.) I'd have people who wanted to touch it and a couple offer to cut or style it. Sigh. Good times.

People tell me the makeup thing too. I wonder if it's a side-effect of the hormones or just the combination of skin and hair colors. Still, there's makeup and there's makeup. Just because you don't need much on your face doesn't mean that you can't play a little to accentuate your eyes.

In any case, all good things. You're a woman. People recognize you as a woman. What more could you want?

Hugs!

@Red_Lauren.

These feel good moments are so crucial early in transition... they do so much to boost confidence. I hope you have many more in the future!

Here's some of my own:

• having my hair described as "soft and beautiful"
  • seeing the legit shape of small breasts under a shirt
  • coming out to some girlfriends and having them plan a girls night right away
  • being asked for fashion ideas by my girlfriends
  • getting a "ma'am" or "miss" on the phone
  • hearing someone call me Audrey - warms my heart every single time

❤️

Love,

~Audrey.

• Forum Moderator

One such moment i recall was during my first trip south.  My wife and i had traveled to south central Virginia, right above North Carolina.  I had fueled the RV and was headed in to the store to pay and use the powder room when a gentleman rushed by me to open the door!  Wow!  I had never quite liked the south as much as that moment.  

On a separate note, one lovely thing i've found is that women often compliment each other.  I love giving and getting those confidence building affirmations.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Charlize said:

On a separate note, one lovely thing i've found is that women often compliment each other.  I love giving and getting those confidence building affirmations.

This is so true.  I've been complimented on things I was wearing while out shopping several times.  It feels so nice.  

• Admin

I can think of one phrase that is so apropos here:  it's the little things that count, and its those things you'll remember for the rest of your days.  I had a few of those, and yes, the memory always brings smiles to my face.  Big congrats, Lauren!

Carolyn Marie

12 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Hey, on the boobs front, take what you can get. That's coming from a 42 A. ? Good on her for the recognition though! Wave your boob flag high!

I used to get that a lot. I had auburn hair too. (Stupid alopecia.) I'd have people who wanted to touch it and a couple offer to cut or style it. Sigh. Good times.

People tell me the makeup thing too. I wonder if it's a side-effect of the hormones or just the combination of skin and hair colors. Still, there's makeup and there's makeup. Just because you don't need much on your face doesn't mean that you can't play a little to accentuate your eyes.

In any case, all good things. You're a woman. People recognize you as a woman. What more could you want?

Hugs!

I'm glad no one touches my hair, but that might be because it's always tied back. I can't say the hormones have helped my skin that munch yet. As I have only been on them almost two weeks now. I just have been taking care of my skin far better in the last two years. The breast are only because I'm fat, and not far enough in to hormnes.

I have been called ma'am even before the hormones, probably because of the long hair, never having facial hair, and waxed brows. 

I'm just worried about complalemnts from woman. As a lot of times. They can be backhanded, and usually don't mean some thing postive, but at least from the girls in my inner circle. I know it means well, or they are trying to steer me in a different direction. Like i have gotten a lot of makeup tips. Apparently I'm ok with clothes though for now at least. 

• Forum Moderator

Oh I don't know, I haven't had any backhanded compliments yet. I trust the opinions of my spouse and my friends. I'm good at clothes (I've been picking out my wife's outfits for forever), terrible at makeup and I have a friend who keeps threatening to teach me how to dance in heels. I think it might be because I'm older and advertise that I'm gay. I'm no threat whatsoever and really pleasant.

You may have a point about the skin. I moisturize like a fiend too. I bathe in it and apply a fresh coat to my face at least twice daily. I still like to think the hormones help me look young.

Hugs!

According to my girlfriend I'm horrible at picking out my clothes, but I do ok for her. Which is kinda weird, and makes no sense. Every time I see waxing lady. She always has some thing positive to say about what I'm wearing. This past weekend was the first time in a long time she didn't. As it turns out we both were having a f it day, and dressed pretty frumpy, and no make-up. So we joked about that on Saturday.

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Red_Lauren. said:

As it turns out we both were having a f it day, and dressed pretty frumpy, and no make-up.

I get that too. My usual style is "Lesbian on laundry day." I clean up nice though.

Hugs!

I wouldn't go that far with us. We both had on jeans, she had on a sweater, and I had on a t shirt. As we joked about it. She said at least I had heeled boots on. While she had on slippers. So according to her. I wasn't was frumpy has her.