• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Bootie (the footwear) Craze

Sally Stone

Yes, I'm speaking about footwear.  Anyway, found these booties at Torrid.com and had to have them.  Torrid offers shoe and boots up to Size 13 Wide.  The issue for me with shafted boots is that most in my size are also for very wide legs and my gams are not. 

Up Bootie.JPG

Sally, I am absolutely in love with these too, and 13 wide is my size in most brands! I believe I will need them too and thanks for the lead on that site for shoes/boots that might work for me. My winter go-to look has been a sweater dress, leggings, and boots with a coat and scarf when going outside.

Love,

~Audrey. 

• Forum Moderator

I like those! Are they lace-up or is that for show? I have the same trouble with footwear as I do for bras. They assume that if my FOOT is size 13, then my calves must be the size of watermelons. And they're not. My legs are nice and toned thank you very much.

Hugs!

Audrey, your winter go to look sounds adorable.  Those booties would go very nicely.

Jackie, like you, my legs are toned, so those wide leg boots just don't work.  I love tall boots, but finding my foot size combined with a normal shaft width is next to impossible.  This is the main reason I've transitioned to booties, and well, I do like the way they look.

Timely post.  I was just looking at riding boots and a little worried about my legs being thin.  I ended up ordering these.  They come in wide with a 14" diameter.  If I were a younger, smaller, richer girl, I'd need a boot closet.

17943537_fpx-01.jpeg.c375adb26430eaef6977b415f02d2f82.jpeg

I love these too, Ann! Where did you find them? I love the longer boot length look so much. Well, stimulus money, it was nice knowing you... ☺️

Also, yes I have bigger feet but not bigger calves. This is a tricky thing for footwear designers. My calves are swimming in my Hunter wellie boots, but they're great for the rain as long as I have warm socks under.

Love,

~Audrey. 

17 hours ago, Audrey said:

Where did you find them?

I got them at Macy's online.  I guess I'm lucky being a size 11...it seems like a lot slimmer pickings above that, but some styles come bigger.  I found them by googling "size 11 woman's riding boots'.  Watch for deal of day.  I paid $66 and the next day they were $96.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Ann W said:

it seems like a lot slimmer pickings above that

Yes. And there's some unspoken rule where they have to be ugly. Cute 13's are a real find.

Hugs!

Just got an email from Torrid that my new booties will arrive tomorrow.  Yippee!  I know what footwear I'm wearing this weekend.

Jackie, I forgot to mention that these booties have side zippers, so, I suspect the laces are indeed for show, but tomorrow, after I have had time to check out my purchase, I'll report the real story.

Another update, sorry if I seem so repetitive.  Anyway, booties arrived.  They look terrific, sexy in fact, and they are quite comfy.  I suspect I'll be able to wear these all day long without discomfort.  I'll verify that this weekend, however.

Jackie, although the booties have side zippers, the laces are also functional, so it is possible to adjust the fit across the instep.  I'll do my best to upload images of them after I return from my "girl's" day out tomorrow.

• Forum Moderator

That sounds like an excellent candidate for the money Torrid sent me this year...

Hugs!