• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Research Study: Society's role on the experience of trans* people

SparK

Hi everyone! I am a university student currently writing my dissertation on the role society plays on the experience of trans* people, and would like people to take part in a 15 minute (approx) interview about how different areas of society (family, social circles, work and education) have impacted them. I am available for interviews from now up until the 12th of January 2021, and you can book times with me through direct message. Please bear in mind I am in the UK and cannot do interviews past 8pm GMT.

For those who want to take part, interviews would be recorded, but purely so the conversations feel more natural! All recordings would be deleted as soon as they have been transcribed, and no personal information of yours would be used in my final paper. Short extracts may be used, but likely no more than a sentence or two.

I have emailed the moderators of this forum to ask for permission to post about this study and have ethical approval from my university; my dissertation means a lot to me and I want to do this right! For this reason you will also be sent an ethics form which you will have to sign, and you MUST BE 18 OR OLDER to take part.

As soon as my paper has been graded and returned to me it will be available for me to share publicly, so even if you don't want to take part but would like to read it, please message me and I will make a note. I will likely be posting it somewhere in the public domain anyway, but should you want an early personal copy I would be more than happy to send it! I hope that my study will contribute to knowledge in the field, and potentially bring to light the narratives of trans* individuals as well as rectify the language used in many previous studies that may now be considered offensive or outdated.

Please consider sharing elsewhere so I can spread the word! If you are interested, you can message me for more information and to read over the forms I have prepared.

Thanks for reading!

Kye

I think I would be willing to answer a questionaire but, that's about it for me. Good luck with your project. Are you sticking strictly to this forum or are you offering this on several different ones?

• Forum Moderator

Happy New Year 2021

Kye, will you be doing these interviews by phone? Even to the United States? As for sharing your request for partisans. Do you have a twitter account? My guy mode account has 12K+ following and I would gladly tweet out your request. My Mmindy account is very small and locked for privacy until I'm ready to come out publicly, at which time I'll combined them and let my followers shed as they see fit. I openly support and retweet #LGBTQ subjects on my guy mode account so l'm happy to help you get your information out there.

Twitter Guy Mode @FirehouseMike

@MmindyMoore is locked but you can make a follow request, and all of my followers and followings are Transgender.

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe, 

Mindy???

1 hour ago, Abi said:

I think I would be willing to answer a questionaire but, that's about it for me. Good luck with your project. Are you sticking strictly to this forum or are you offering this on several different ones?

Thank you! It's okay if you're not able to interview, I understand that it's not an ideal format for some people, it's just the way I prefer to do things for my own research. Perhaps if I do further research in the future I will include multiple formats like questionnaires. I have only gotten permission to post to this forum so far, but if moderators allow me to post elsewhere I will. I'll post any updates if there are any!

1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

Happy New Year 2021

Kye, will you be doing these interviews by phone? Even to the United States? As for sharing your request for partisans. Do you have a twitter account? My guy mode account has 12K+ following and I would gladly tweet out your request. My Mmindy account is very small and locked for privacy until I'm ready to come out publicly, at which time I'll combined them and let my followers shed as they see fit. I openly support and retweet #LGBTQ subjects on my guy mode account so l'm happy to help you get your information out there.

Twitter Guy Mode @FirehouseMike

@MmindyMoore is locked but you can make a follow request, and all of my followers and followings are Transgender.

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe, 

Mindy???

Hi Mindy! These interviews will be done over software like Skype, Zoom or other similar platforms as costs for phone calls are quite high. I do have Twitter, if you would like to message me privately we can discuss sharing my post there :)  Thank you for your support, best wishes!

• Forum Moderator

That's cool and shows my age... I didn't even think about video conversations. I'm okay with setting up a time to participate, and will PM you for Twitter contact.

Best wishes,

Mindy???

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, this is the final notice for my research study! I am keeping slots open for a few more days if you want to take part, please message me if you do. To those who have already done interviews with me, thank you for your support! 

• Forum Moderator

For anyone that needs encouragement, @SparK is a good person and we had a lovely chat. Remember: It's for science!

Hugs!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 115 Guests (See full list)

• MirandaB
    • Ashley0616
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Ivy
    • Astrid
    • rachel w
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Quillian
    Newest Member
    Quillian

1. 777fleetleader777
      777fleetleader777
      (21 years old)
    2. ArinHallm3
      ArinHallm3
      (18 years old)
    3. ITakMyTime
      ITakMyTime
      (70 years old)
    4. Jess31
      Jess31
      (40 years old)
    5. Natalie71645
      Natalie71645
      (39 years old)
    • Ashley0616
      I'm sorry! :( Hopefully something better will come up
    • Ashley0616
      Thank you! Did great with the kids
    • Sally Stone
      That's me too, Mae.  I don't think it's me as much as it is the camera (that's my story anyway).  Cameras hate me.  I never met one that liked me.  I often wish I was photogenic; sadly, not so much.   However, you look terrific in that selfie! 
    • Sally Stone
      April, I'm so glad things went well when you came out to your spouse.  So often, things can go sideways.  It's a hurdle we all have to jump at some point.
    • violet r
      I totally understand what you just said. I can relate to this very well. I have a lot.of similar feelings.
    • KymmieL
      Well it is a no go for the new position. OH, well. nothing ventured nothing gained.   Kymmie
    • Davie
      Dickey Betts, the singer, songwriter, and guitarist of the Allman Brothers Band whose piercing solos, beloved songs and hell-raising spirit defined the band and Southern rock in general, died Thursday morning 04/18/2024 at the age of 80. Rest in peace...
    • MaeBe
      Thank you @Mirrabooka!
    • April Marie
      What an amazing life you've shared with your wife. I can understand the trepidation you had at telling her at that point in your relationship but it certainly saved all of the guilt, the questioning and the secrecy that would have filled your lives had you not.   I'm on the other end of the spectrum having denied and buried my truth for decades and fast approaching 50 years of marriage when the dysphoria and depression finally came to critical mass and I unloaded it all on a New Year's Day morning. As you might imagine, it led to a lot of questions, of questioning everything, of anger and hurt on my wife's part. Guilt, embarrassment, fear...and anything else you can imagine on my part.   Thankfully, our love for each other has always been the foundation of our relationship and, ultimately, we both agreed that staying together was what we both wanted. It was a tough year but, now into the 2d since my coming out, we've hit our stride and are exploring this new norm in our life.   I do so love your blog.
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Will be at my place
    • Vidanjali
      Congratulations on your new family member!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I thought I would try my version of this. Changes in bold.   I am Transgender.  Sometimes it is remote, sometimes close. Sometimes I am euphoric, sometimes depressed. It is something I cannot get away from and cannot welcome enough. I see some things both ways that neither men as men see or women as women see.  I can be gentle and compassionate and hard as nails. I was born with male genitals but a female heart   I have my heart.  Whatever it is. When I look at a female, I wish I looked like her  Depends on the woman.  When I look at a male, I wish I did not look like him   Ditto. I envy female movements, softness, behaviors, appearances, fashion...EVERYTHING Female Depends. Sometimes I get angry at them because women spend time and energy in ways men don't.  It is not necessarily bad.  I could do without the gossip. Not all women gossip.  Excessive focus on fashion is something I find annoying. And expensive. I tolerate all things male out of social obligation...not because I feel like a man or because it makes me happy....but because that's what I was forced to believe was my only choice....beginning in early childhood. Sometimes it is helpful to put on the Iron Man suit and act accordingly.  But I have seen some tough women. When I look at myself in the mirror in only bra and panties...I can see my nude female body...and it makes me smile and feel amazing and warm inside....yet sad because that is not my reality. I could go either way, mostly. Really.  In tests in the last two years technicians have gone really quiet when they see how little body and leg hair I have.  I looked at myself this morning.  Remove a few clues and a girl is standing there. When I look at myself in the mirror in only boxers...I can see my nude male body and it saddens me deeply and makes me feel sick and depressed...and at times...even ashamed....Because this IS my reality. At this point I am not going to do that. In the mood I am in I might break the mirror. My true gender does not influence my sexual interests or preferences...or change who I am....in any form or fashion. Gender identity is in no way connected to anything sexually related on any level.  Not sure I want to make that statement so categorically. Life as a male leaves me with a feeling that something is off...that something is missing...that something is not as it should have been.   Well put. The idea of having to continue living as a male...as someone I am not...for the rest of my life...even if its only part time...causes great sadness and anxiety within myself. I've got priorities beyond this that this must fit into. The idea of living as the girl I am and always have been on a full time basis...regardless of where I am, what I am doing or who I am around...brings me great joy, happiness and a sense of peace within myself.  Would be neat. Looking like and living as a girl makes me smile.   Would be neat.  There are downsides.  Looking like and living as a guy makes me sad.   I have had lots of practice accepting this. I am Transgender....I am a girl
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      Good listener, respect them, and show sympathy/empathy, even just being there
    • Ashley0616
      Getting dog today he's potty trained
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.