• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi everyone!

Eden Noel

My name is Eden, or "ghostmode" at the time of posting this. Some quick backstory about that so you'll know I'm new: I was under the assumption that I would be able to set a display name on top of having a username, so for now I am stuck with a username that has nothing to do with my actual, preferred name. Oh well! All's well that ends well. I'm simply happy to be acquainted with you all.

I'm 22, so I feel like I'm a little younger than many of you here. I'm reaching a weird stage in my life where I feel like I can no longer relate to the communities of people on mainstream social media. I've been on forums before, and I always loved the cozy atmosphere in them. So, here I am on another one, not quite seeking to understand myself as much as I am seeking a sense of community amongst people who've had similar experiences to me. Hello! I'm non-binary. Since last year, I've been going by they/them pronouns, and more recently, xe/xem pronouns.

I suspect I may be on the autism spectrum, but I haven't received a formal diagnosis (and boy it is not easy, especially with the pandemic happening). I'm also an artist as you might be able to tell from my profile picture!

It's nice to meet you all, and I hope we can get along :^)

Hi Eden, it's nice to meet you! I'm confident you'll find the atmosphere here at Trans Pulse cozy as well, and this is a wonderfully warm and supportive place. There are other non-binary people like yourself here and I'm hopeful you'll find a sense of community here that may be hard to find other places, as you mention, and especially now with the pandemic. Looking forward to getting to know you better. And, I do like the avatar you've created for yourself!

Love,

~Audrey.

• Root Admin

Hello Eden,

Welcome to TransGenderPulse.  Feel free to look around and ask questions. We'll try to answer to the best of our abilities. The name Eden is already taken but if you wanted to add an initial after it, that would be fine. I can do it for you.

MaryEllen

Thank you both!! I'm looking forward to seeing what kinds of people I'll meet here!

2 hours ago, MaryEllen said:

The name Eden is already taken but if you wanted to add an initial after it, that would be fine. I can do it for you.

I figured Eden would be taken, perhaps Eden N. or Eden Noel if not?

2 hours ago, Audrey said:

And, I do like the avatar you've created for yourself!

I appreciate it! I'm nervous about sharing my art but we'll see how it goes. I appreciate the warm welcome :^}

Hi, Eden!  There are indeed other non-binary folks here, I can proudly say ?.  You're likely to find that others do indeed have similar experiences to your own, and that those experiences can happen whether young, middle-aged, or retired.

Take a look through the forum topics or use Search, and see if there are things of relevance and interest to you. 

Wishing you well on your journey,

Astrid

Hey Eden! Welcome to the forum :DD I am 17 myself, (turning 18 in April). I came to this forum for about the same reasons, more of a community and also support, because I feel I have a strong grasp on who I am. There are tons of Non-binary pals here and since I have been around (Around a year I think) everyone has been real friendly :)) 

Anywho, welcome to the forum :DD

OH! also I love your pfp, I also like to draw :)) I think I have an album on here with some of my older art :DD

4 hours ago, ghostmode said:

I'm reaching a weird stage in my life where I feel like I can no longer relate to the communities of people on mainstream social media. I've been on forums before, and I always loved the cozy atmosphere in them.

Hi, Eden! I so agree about forums vs other social media. I hope you enjoy it here!

Hi Eden! Welcome.

We are as varied as we come here. You'll find people to relate to both in gender identity and age.

Good to have you

Thank you all so much for the welcome!! I'm doing my best to figure out how to navigate the site, I'm sure I'll have the hang of it in no time.

10 hours ago, TTheta said:

OH! also I love your pfp, I also like to draw :)) I think I have an album on here with some of my older art :DD

I took a look at your art yesterday evening, I adore it! I'm a little worried these days about my art floating around on the internet, but I'd love to share it with you guys if I can get over that paranoia. I'm glad to see there are other artists here too :^)

1 hour ago, Eden Noel said:

Thank you all so much for the welcome!! I'm doing my best to figure out how to navigate the site, I'm sure I'll have the hang of it in no time.

I took a look at your art yesterday evening, I adore it! I'm a little worried these days about my art floating around on the internet, but I'd love to share it with you guys if I can get over that paranoia. I'm glad to see there are other artists here too :^)

If you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! Especially me, I would help to help haha.

That's why I make sure that my signature is on the art and not like in a corner, well now I do, not that my art on here does that, well I am not surem it might pfft. OHH I love that emoticon, I used to think I was the only one who did that! :^D 

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Eden Noel said:

but I'd love to share it with you guys if I can get over that paranoia.

You can always add them to your gallery, that is not open to public view, only signed in members can see Galleries, though the rules still apply there as well as in the forums.

I didn't know that! Thank you for informing me! I feel a lot better about it now, so maybe in the near future I'll put some of my drawings in there.

1 hour ago, TTheta said:

OHH I love that emoticon, I used to think I was the only one who did that! :^D 

Right? It's a habit I picked up recently, and now I can't stop using it. It's silly, but not silly enough that it borders on disingenuous. :^}

Awesome! I look forward to it! 

Pfft yea sometimes I just put the eyes and nose like this  :^ 

But >:^0 <- That's my all time favorite haha

• Forum Moderator

Hi Eden,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf?