• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Anyone here have nonbinary bottom surgery?

MayGay

I'm planning on going to San Fran some time in the next few years to get penis preserving vaginoplasty with a peritoneal pull through used for the vaginal lining. Like I had my consultation and am going once money and weight aren't issues anymore.

Anyone here have this? Either a more standard peritoneal pull through or penis preserving?

Also open to sharing my info on it with anyone who asks.

Hi MayGay.  I would be interested in finding out more about this type of procedure.  I've never heard of it before.  Are there any web links you could post?

• Admin

I know many of the surgeons who do GCS in the San Francisco area and have never heard of those procedures from any of them before.  I would be very interested to hear who you have selected to do it. 

• Admin

Yes, I know of her and her associates, but have never heard of the procedure being done as you are describing it.   Such a procedure has not been mentioned by any of our members in the nearly 10 years I have been on this site.  It is unique enough that I am sure one would have mentioned it if it had occurred.  Perhaps in time it will become more common. 

There's always been surgeons willing to do penis preserving vaginoplasty but it's always hush hush secret menu stuff. But like it's literally right on her website under Gender Nonconforming. And I've already had one person DM me here who was already looking for this before I joined too.

But yeah nonbinary/nonconforming surgery options are not as common knowledge as they should be. I've been talking about for a year and a bit on Twitter and other places and there's a lot of people who come to me privately and publicly who want it but never even thought it was possible let alone available.

There are surgeons, including Wittenberg, who have started openly offering nonbinary/nonconforming surgeries openly as we've moved away from strong, extremely binary gatekeeping and more of us nonbinary people are looking for transition options that are more tailored to us.

But the penis preserving vaginoplasty using a paritoneal pull through has only been an option since 2017. And it was like summer 2019 when someone pointed me towards Wittenberg because I think I was talking about wanting it but though there wasn't any acceptable options. I seen posts by someone on a site in 2018, maybe Reddit I think, who had something similar but used a skin graft from the thigh as a lining so yeah that's not really ideal for me. Also other surgeons have done things like using colon for a lining.

But I really do my research on a subject and go into it deep, and it's what's right for me so I've been actively looking for options on and off for a very long time

@MayGay Dr. Marcio Littleton of Brazil uses a similar technique (google chrome can translate) and have been following this technique for a while. Have a complete list but my site currently has "issues" . . .

The peritoneal pull-through vaginoplasty used by dr. Houtmeyers is perhaps less invasive, as the instestine is left untouched. The neo-vaginal pouch is covered with peritoneal mucosa, which is the serous membrane covering the intra-abdominal organs as well as the inner abdominal wall; this pouch will constitute the neo-vagina. The male external genitalia are used to construct a neo-vulva and clitoris, with appropriate positioning of the urethra.

The technique by dr. Littleton, on the other hand, uses a flap of jejunum, which is a segment of the small intestine . . . 

Sound familar? Keep Us Posted!

I checked out the website and there's little information on post-op results other that pictures.

4 hours ago, Kiera said:

@MayGay Dr. Marcio Littleton of Brazil uses a similar technique (google chrome can translate) and have been following this technique for a while. Have a complete list but my site currently has "issues" . . .

Sound familar? Keep Us Posted!

The technique has been used for cis women born without vaginal lining for whatever reason for some time. It's only been used for transfem people for 4 or 5 years. I think Dr. Wittenberg has been doing peritoneal pull throughs for longer just only for cis women. And she seems to have a really good rep.

3 hours ago, LaurenA said:

I checked out the website and there's little information on post-op results other that pictures.

She's done a couple of dozen of these, not the most asked for and postop results are voluntary. But yeah more info is why I'm here.

But in the year since I started the process of getting bottom surgery considerably more postop results pictures have been added to the site. I know I'll be letting mine go on it. When I had my consultation she said there's another place to go but I forget I should ask the office next time I need to contact them.

I guess one of the first questions I would have to ask is about the presence of nerve endings and their effect.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 138 Guests (See full list)

• Mirrabooka
    • MaybeRob
    • MirandaB
    • juliusjj
    • Heather Shay
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Chaidoesart
    Newest Member
    Chaidoesart

1. **Angela Charlotte **
      **Angela Charlotte **
    2. Carlie
      Carlie
      (63 years old)
    3. Cbxshawn
      Cbxshawn
      (49 years old)
    4. HannahO
      HannahO
      (31 years old)
    5. JustKatie
      JustKatie
      (40 years old)
    • Mirrabooka
      ^ Your story gives inspiration to others.
    • April Marie
      Growing stronger and confident every day.
    • April Marie
      So, yesterday's epiphany was that girl jeans fit me much nicer than boy jeans. Well, duh! So this girl is switching over to wearing girl jeans pretty much full time. I'll keep my others for work jeans. We went out to dinner last evening and I was in androgynous mode...wearing a pair of Bandolino Amy straight leg denim pants. Score!
    • April Marie
      Good morning, everyone!! The coffee upload has started for me but just in the early stages so I'm barely coherent at this point.   You've been missed @Willow - I hope all is going well with your wife and at work.   @awkward-yet-sweet We love to make beans with rice - one of our favorite meals.   No big plans for me today. Small projects around our place and probably some reading. We're going to have some rain off and on, and the temps are still too low for a lot of outdoor work.   Be safe and enjoy this beautiful day we've been given!!
    • Willow
      Hi   boy you back to work and miss lots.  No time to catch up right now. But I will.   just wanted to let everyone know I’m still here.   willow
    • Davie
      "No one feels alone in a bookstore."
    • Davie
      Thanks, @VickySGVfor some truth. Hatred may speak loudly in a political agenda, but there is always love, there is always love.
    • VickySGV
      Doesn't this belong over in the Humor Topic??  Grim humor I admit, but it has the dark humor picture of the folks protesting the Sacramento Sanctuary Laws.  If the world is going to end next week why are these people so concerned about someone staying fertile and able to have children??   Crazy.
    • VickySGV
      Once again the opposition is telling scary, unfounded  baloney about what IS being done to any Trans Person.  The truth about the very little and very cautious treatments just will not sink into them because it will sink them.  They bully their own Cis children unmercifully to fit into their molds, and that is gruesome in itself. I am happy to say I know that Trans children and all Trans folks in the area have access to wonderful care based on what some of my former State colleagues who have Trans family members and fellow employees there in Sacramento keep telling me about. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.9news.com/article/news/local/local-politics/republicans-gop-ballot-initiatives-target-transgender-people/73-c47ad7ee-40ca-43e0-bb83-07e662eb1029   The reason CO has a Dem super majority is b/c it's a very blue state. A ballot initiative is going to go absolutely nowhere. They're wasting their time.   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/sacramento-sanctuary-city-transgender-people-rcna145287     Carolyn Marie
    • missyjo
      good for you dear. my guess is soreness is good sign things are going on there. water them n hope. smiles   actually was speaking to someone other day n they said the growth leveled off after a few years  which coincided with a few years of very high stress..n then when the high stress resolved, she grew another cup size..
    • missyjo
      darling I completely agree. but it will need road testing I'd think.    and I recently asked a surgeon about an idea I had for easier recovery...do a zero depth 1st..recover then add a canal..he said NO. this surgery is hard enough on body to recover, do not do it any more than needed. also said penile inversion usually is sufficient n includes a few centimeters of perineum tissue anyway..so keep the perineum pull through as a reserve technique in case there is a problem with theb penile inversion.    hugs to any who want them
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I can't tell from the article if being trans was part of the motivation for the crime, or whether it was simply incidental to it. Clearly at least one of the perpetrators was known to the victim, which seems to continue the pattern that the most dangerous people for us are often people we know.  😒
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Beans, beans, the musical fruit...   But beans and rice make a complete protein, and a pretty cheap base for any sort of meal. Since two of my partners are Hispanic and one is Asian, we use a lot of rice. Plenty of beans too, although 90% of the time they are on the form of black-eyed peas. That crop grows really well in the South no matter how hot and dry it gets.  And the Native American trio of corn, beans, and squash is a classic.  Actually, those ingredients tend to show clearly whether kids were raised with a healthy diet or not. Kids raised eating those foods luke them. Kids raised without experiencing those foods tend to reject them immediately. Rather strange.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.