• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

OMG Shots Fired .

Kiera

at the U.S. Capital Building! National Guard was requested but Pentagon denies assist.

Session of Congress is currently evacuated, 1 woman possibly dead  . . 

InfoWars Live

• Forum Moderator

To me, this feels a lot like 9/11 did. I'm still processing, "That just happened? What the actual heck?" Except my internal dialogue language is a little stronger than that. I hope the situation can be resolved without further loss of life and the people responsible go to jail for a very, very long time.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Where is this happening?  Venezuela?  Nigeria?  Bosnia?  The USA????!!!  SMH.

Wounds left unattended and uncared-for, rot and fester. Leave it any longer and things will start to fall apart. It's amazing the reserved approach DC and Capital Hill police are being, even though somebody was shot and police were hurt. 

• Admin

Just heard from a person in DC, the person killed had disobeyed a "Stop or I will shoot" order while she was actively breaking a major window.  The shot was from a Law Enforcement weapon, but may also have been accidental on the part of the officer. 

• Forum Moderator

I missed this news day completely..haven’t heard a thing. As Jackie mentioned...it sounds like another 9-11 the way it’s been handled.

This situation shouldn’t have happened. I feel bad for those killed and injured.    People have been blatantly lied to by the president, politicians, and right-wing media.  

17 hours ago, Susan R said:

I missed this news day completely..haven’t heard a thing. As Jackie mentioned...it sounds like another 9-11 the way it’s been handled.

It's probably for the better cuz it was very distressing.

Plus there were so many cameras on what was happening. Damn mob destroyed tons of the reports equipment during the event, but still everybody had there cell phone cameras rolling. Some people just don't have any shame. There were police who just gave up and let them go through the barricades, then some took selfies with the treacherous vandals. At least take a fire hose and water down the crowd to deter them from approaching. The police higher authority allowed this to happen, and they were warned several times. Peaceful protesters get full immediate military assault treatment barely outside where they need and want to be. Rioting mob of delusional people, breaking into a historical central government facility, 'TheCapitol'...only a few tear gas cans and flash grenades. Only 14 arrested??? Marshal's and other services had to be called from other states to assist cuz DC could do nothing...Nothing can describe the anguish my internal scream inflicts on my mind.

• Forum Moderator

Hopefully, the arrest count will rise as the FBI starts rounding the terrorists up. Literal definition here:

"a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

They had weapons. They did all manner of property damage. They were planning to take hostages. Anything after that is speculation, but they did build a gallows.

You're right though, this stinks. The person sitting in the big chair in the oval office invited these people to DC on a specific date. They invaded the Capitol building. They disrupted the counting of the electoral votes. Their stated goal was to overturn a lawful election. They defaced who knows how much art, destroyed or stole who knows how much information and planted at least one explosive device.

And there were fourteen arrests. The police just let them in.

See also sedition:

"conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch."

and treason:

"the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government."

I would dearly love a day when I am no longer ashamed to share my country with the sort of people who would do this. These people had their phones out and recorded everything because in their minds, they're patriots. Apparently they are patriots in the eyes of at least some of the DC police too.

I'm very disappointed in my country today. Maybe we can turn things around, but I don't have a lot of hope right now.

Hugs! 

• Forum Moderator

I saw a video the other day. A question posed by an American was, "Oh my god. Are we the rest of the world's Florida?"

The host, a Canadian, replied, "Yes. Yes you are."

I absolutely feel you @gina-nicole-t. What a disgrace.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I saw a video the other day. A question posed by an American was, "Oh my god. Are we the rest of the world's Florida?"

The host, a Canadian, replied, "Yes. Yes you are."

I absolutely feel you @gina-nicole-t. What a disgrace.

Hugs!

?...:internal scream: ??

Wow,  I’ve been watching the news ranging from CBS to NBC to Fox, and now watching Inside Edition.

How is it that Inside Edition has the most in depth coverage?

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 113 Guests (See full list)

• Hannah Renee
    • MaryEllen
    • Ivy
    • Betty K
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Petra Jane
    • SamC