• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Gender is nice but

MayGay

Whatever my gender is doesn't matter for I am at heart a metalhead and that comes first

Sometime in 2008, goofing around with the Aces High solo

318620_199076910157143_4298712_n.jpg.de27256ecc66e248cdbfc1a518744195.jpg

July 2018, 4 months pre HRT. Purely by coincidence I'm playing the same song. This is my favorite pre HRT pick and like I like it a lot

42350836_2020555934675889_2132708616904376320_n.jpg.0b38ef35ce5b3de255bb80e7647c6d66.jpg

April 2019, 4 months into HRT, just got my RGD baritone out of the shop

20190413_132431.thumb.jpg.a1fc2c032dca6cf52a274fdf28997f1b.jpg

Not the most flattering imo but March 2020 with my beloved SG

20200331_230732.thumb.jpg.3950322953f80987546036dedee7f7ae.jpg

Most of the major changes is I've gained a fair amount of weight, which I don't like but it is what it is, and I present more fem most of the time. And aside from like the body stuff that's all I really wanted because in the end, I'm reasonably apathetic to my gender but metal is life. And I'd rather talk about metal, guitars, hockey, and video games than gender. But in this world I have to talk about gender especially being nonbinary.

Metalhead, the fourth gender.  Who knew?  MayGay, I am a big metal fan myself, actually I lean more towards hard rock, but that genre includes metal as well.  My kids always give me a hard time ( in a teasing way) about my love of hard rock, given I'm in my sixties.  But a girl loves the music that moves her, right? 

Prepare for thy Metal. ??Long live Eddie and Iron Maiden deep in the metal cased vessel that's my heart. Can get behind the Metalhead as a gender. Too few understand the loving spirit that yearns and breaths for the glorious resonance Metal bestows.

Hi MayGay,

I too am a guitar playing metal head who loves Ice Hockey. I picked up guitar about 8 years ago and have been horrible at it ever since. Oh well my cats don't complain too much and I am playing for my own enjoyment. I used to play bass in metal bands back in the 80's. I had a rickenbacker 4001 bass and  I was a kind of Steve Harris / Geddy Lee mix with out the ability of either. But what i lacked in talent i made up for with fury!

I now play a Ibanez JEM77P guitar with still no ability and a little less fury.

Rachel

Yeah I'm not amazing or anything though I try. And Rush, Dream Theatre, and Maiden are my 3 favorite bands so awesome rock on ???

?Parents wouldn't humor my interests in music, had at best a super old Casio growing up and desperately wanted a full drum set, or at least a Cello. But partner has a selection of bass guitars and 2 classical guitars. My tiny stiff hands makes learning bass so awkward. Newest instrument of interest is a hurdy gurdy, after listening to Guilhem Desq. It's so hard to pick my tops bands, favorites off top my head Pyramaze, Circus Maximus, Ningen Isu, Triosphere, Judas Priest, Paradise Lost, Kamelot, Symphony X, Apocalyptica, Nightwish, Seventh Wonder, Blind Guardian and acourse can't forget Iron Maiden. I've listen to Dream Theater. Haven't listen to much Rush... Spotify owns my soul. Right now have been obsessed with Orden Ogan "Gunman" and  Dracula Swing of Death full album. ?So much glorious Metal.

Sports wise, Ice Hockey is cool, more into Rugby.

Hi glad to see metalheads on here. Rock and metal are why I keep my hair long, and seeing others like me is very validating. Keep doing what you do!

• 2 weeks later...

OMG I found my PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm late to this party but you are not prepared for this lonely loser's enthusiasm to see this thread. All of you are in my will now and will be receiving my worthless junk when I die; sorry about that--my therapist says I have boundary issues. Anyway, I've booked our appointments for matching tattoos and have ordered a ceremonial dagger (Amazon) for the blood pact.

No, but seriously, all of you seem awesome. Ever bored, lonely, need a pal, feel free to message. I'm not always around (I am my own baggage), but I'd love to make friends and be a friend here. All metalheads are kin.

Also,

On 1/10/2021 at 7:43 AM, Mx.Drago said:

It's so hard to pick my tops bands, favorites off top my head Pyramaze, Circus Maximus, Ningen Isu, Triosphere, Judas Priest, Paradise Lost, Kamelot, Symphony X, Apocalyptica, Nightwish, Seventh Wonder, Blind Guardian and acourse can't forget Iron Maiden.

Ningen Isu fan!? Did we just become best friends? How immediately and shallowly fond I am of you disgusts me outright. Paradise Lost is also fantastic. If you like Japanese metal, you might also like Maximum the Hormone.

Some of my favorites... Avatar, Bolt Thrower, Brujeria, Candlemass, Celtic Frost, Electric Wizard, Finntroll, Ghost, Huntress, Unleash the Archers... Alright that's enough alphabetical list searching.

2 hours ago, sarahmetal said:

Ningen Isu fan!? Did we just become best friends? How immediately and shallowly fond I am of you disgusts me outright. Paradise Lost is also fantastic. If you like Japanese metal, you might also like Maximum the Hormone.

Some of my favorites... Avatar, Bolt Thrower, Brujeria, Candlemass, Celtic Frost, Electric Wizard, Finntroll, Ghost, Huntress, Unleash the Archers... Alright that's enough alphabetical list searching.

?Lol, love Maximum the Hormone. On the subject of japanese metal, ever heard Exist†Trace and/or Dir En Grey. Use to repeat listen to those starting college long ago. Will be adding your list to my Spotify marathon. My blood craves for the musical therapy. May the Metal be with you and flow through us all.??

Other fun metal... Evergrey, Iron Savior, Nightingale, Demon&Wizards, Dynazty, Unisonic, & Allen Lande.

When i first heard arch enemy's cover of aces high,i imiediately had to go and get the original album. Probably one of my favourite metal songs ever.

?Aww... completely forgot Girugamesh... ?? so much Metal.?

Almah hooked me with 'Golden Empire' 

Ayreon got me with 'Age of Shadows'

Pythia is just interesting in its symphonicness, but some music just requires specific head gear to bring out it's true glory. Have a pair of Shure earbuds with a custom braided cable to get full color and ultimate sound clarity, but also use a pair of over ear Sennheiser headphones to get more body and burnt them in good so they be warm and also are very clear and clean sounding. My partner uses Shure earbuds and his old pair of AKG k701?ultimate sparkle, love listening to the music on those headphones but the fuzzy fabric on the ear cushions gets dirty easy. ?Wish I had more vinyls my library is too small, but really don't have the space. At least I have the internet. Will have to update my headsets later but for now will live with what I have.?