• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I'm going to be a Maid of Honor!

ThankOurTroops

A friend of mine asked me a while ago if I would want to be his Best Man. I of course said yes. Months later I pointed out how that wouldn't work since I had started my transition.

He and his fiancee said I could be their Maid of Honor instead and I've been helping her make plans. We've already figured out the theme, colors, venue, time of year and the Bridesmaid outfit!

I'm less than a few months in and I'm already living the life I feel that I was meant to! I also had my ears pierced recently and have been building up a jewelry collection.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, ThankOurTroops said:

He and his fiancee said I could be their Maid of Honor

I am completely jealous...in a good way! This would be such an honor. As  @VickySGV says validation and I’ll add affirmation and acceptance of the new and improved you! Have fun with it!

My Best,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations!

Though "Best Man" can be more flexible than tradition dictates. I have a friend who co-opted a lesbian radical feminist named "Pax Athena" to be his best man when his original best man called off because he was in jail in another state.

May your dress be adorable!

Hugs!

@ThankOurTroops What a heart-warming story to read this morning! I'm so happy for you. It sounds like you have a truly amazing friend who accepts you completely. I can't imagine a more affirming experience than this. Can't wait to see the bridesmaid dress!

Love,

~Audrey.

11 hours ago, ThankOurTroops said:

He and his fiancee said I could be their Maid of Honor instead and I've been helping her make plans.

Very cool.    

• Forum Moderator

That's pretty! I'm guessing spring, maybe summer wedding?

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

There is indeed a way: PM a mod, admin, etc... and tell them what you want done to your post. We live to serve.

Hugs!

If I ever get married again, any guys on my side of the wedding part will either be called Bride's men, Squire of Honor, or replace either with Bride's person or person of honor.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, this is so cool! And I am so envious. Dresses, dresses, dresses! Oh, however will you choose! Whatever the bride decides, I guess!

• Forum Moderator

Well, the prime function of a bridesmaid dress is to make the bride look radiant. My wife and I joke that the ideal bridesmaid dress would just be black and white in a Guernsey cow pattern. Horns optional.

Hugs!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • Heather Nicole
    • MomTGDaughter
    • KymmieL
    • Kate Rascali
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

MichealAngelo
    Newest Member
    MichealAngelo

1. AnddyWillBeOkay
      AnddyWillBeOkay
    2. GrowinPains
      GrowinPains
      (46 years old)
    3. Joolz
      Joolz
    4. sheedikhan
      sheedikhan
      (41 years old)
    5. Stephaniew
      Stephaniew
      (56 years old)
    • Astrid
      I'm now 3 years into HRT and have taken a targeted rather than "everyone must know" approach.  For most people I casually know, for example, I have not hidden my (gradual) changes, but have not made it a point to announce anything.  My philosophy has been "why should the burden be on me to be public, and it be widespread knowledge, about my gender identify?"   There's also a safety aspect to this.   Glad you raised this as a question, @Abigail Eleanor -- it's a good one.   Astrid
    • Davie
      "Coyote" by Joni Mitchell, solo acoustic.  (Live at Gordon Lightfoot's Home with Bob Dylan & Roger McGuinn, 1975)
    • Astrid
      Welcome, @Ay-la!  If you like, feel free to ask any questions or join in any of the discussions and forum topics here.  We're very supportive and affirming of each other here.   Best wishes,   Astrid
    • Ivy
      Welcome Ay-la 
    • KathyLauren
      Welcome, @Ay-la!  It's a good group of people around here.   I lived in BC for a few years.  Now I am at the other side of the country.  Nice that your partner is supportive!   Regards, Kathy
    • Hannah Renee
      Anecdotally, things morning my daughter used her Snapchat app to see what I would look like with a couple of different hairstyles and makeup. I showed the screenshots to o couple of ladies at work, one of whom knows I'm transgender. Not sure if the other one does (typical at my work). They both said I look prettier the way I am. Other than that, out in public - in stores or other interactions - being addressed as ma'am, men going out of their way to hold a door open for me, any number of little things go a long way towards knowing that I'm passing. Nobody has ever overtly made a reference to whether or not I'm passing.   As has been said, self-confidence in the way you present yourself goes a long way. How you dress, walk, gesture - sure. But like in the movies, act like you belong. Own it.
    • VickySGV
      Welcome to the Forums.  We try to keep it a good friendly place, so feel at home and comment on others topics to give or get advice and some friendship.
    • Ay-la
      Hi all, 49 and based in BC, Canada, I’m finally pursuing my transition overcoming decades of barriers and minimizing my own needs. Trans feminine and genderqueer, I’m lucky to have a supportive partner and kids at home, but a small social circle otherwise, because, introvert… So, quiet and prone to lurking, but I’m trying to break out of my shell a bit as I am craving some community.    looking forward to meeting folks here.   -A.
    • Abigail Eleanor
      Bumping this old thread because this caught my eye. This is pretty much my strategy and I'm hoping it'll work.   @tesla1026 if you spot this did you try this idea? How did it go?   Would love to hear from anyone who's tried this gradual progression technique rather that make an announcement.
    • Ivy
      Better than nothing 
    • Kasumi63
      Living in Japan, I have a very different experience, so I'm curious how you guys know whether you are "passing" or not. In other words, do people overtly tell you? Or is it something more subtle? Over here, people never say anything, and to be honest, I sometimes find this frustrating because I would like a little bit of feedback about how I'm doing. Or even just tips on where I could improve. Part of the problem is language, I guess. In Japanese, pronouns are rarely used, so it's easy to avoid referring to someone's gender. People also are extremely reluctant to say anything unpleasant or mean to others. So are there any ways to get some objective feedback? (Disclaimer:  I agree that we tend to put too much emphasis on "passing," but I do want to keep improving.)
    • Kasumi63
      As a non-Christian living in a heathen land (the Japanese have a very long history of rejecting Christianity), I thoroughly enjoy smashing these Christmas lights. LOL. Of course, Christmas isn't nearly as depressing now that I'm living here, but even with all the distance, the holidays usually get me down. Now if only I had some lights to smash in person!
    • Kasumi63
      Thank you, guys, for all the positive comments. Japan has a long way to go, especially with updating its backward laws, but it's great to see people changing their attitudes. Over a dozen students and a handful of teachers have come up to me to tell my they saw me on TV and to voice their support. I'm as happy as I look in the video!
    • VickySGV
      I just read an announcement from the Los Angeles LGBT Center that describes the victim as one of their employees, and does mention fears of violence against people.  LALGBT Canter stuff is being circulated to all regional Centers it seems.  The woman was popular and loved.
    • KathyLauren
      Got the letter today.  Yes, they officially recognize that my hearing loss was caused by my military service, and I will be getting a small monthly payment as compensation.  Nice!  Well, not nice that I am losing my hearing, but nice to get compensated.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.