• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

An Update and news from Willa.

Willa

Hello everybody!

Well I thought I’d post and catch everybody up on what’s been going on in my life!

I have connected with a gender therapist and have been seeing him since October and things are going very well.  What are the things that we have been working on is getting things together for letters so that I make it and orchiectomy hopefully sometime in March. He has written one letter already and we are waiting for my previous therapist to add one have his own. I have a consult Tatian scheduled with a urologist on February 24 and will see how that goes.

And my wife told me just recently that she excepts me but does not approve so I believe things are improving and perhaps one day I will have her alongside of me. She has been trying to come to terms with my being transgender and has been helpful in a lot of ways. Recently she was cleaning out her closet and she gave me several items of clothing. In the clothing that she gave me there was three pairs know four pairs of shoes One pair had 3 inch heels all the rest are higher than that it’s so high in fact that I simply cannot wear them yet! LOL!

So I’m taking a little bit at a time with her and and things seem to be going well.

In other news last Monday I called and had a long conversation with my sister and came out to her and I was so scared that she was going to reject me that to my great relieve she told me that she loved me and I was always welcome under her roof! To my surprise she indicated that she had her suspicions for quite some time about me and went on to say it is how God made you and you need not to be ashamed. Wow, got a love sisters!

In other news I finally had that conversation with my pastor and he’s totally supportive and has suggested some church members whom I make come out to. We are being careful as both of us know that there are members in the church who let’s say or not comfortable with the LBGTQ community.

I have also experienced some more breast growth, yippee, but I have also gained another 10 pounds and it seems to be all at my waist, yuck, but I’m working on that you know les eating, les and exercising more. Like my doctor says as far as he knows there’s no other way or a better way to get rid of the pounds. I just wish there was a way to lose the waist and keep everything else but alas it doesn’t work that way.

Well, that’s about all the news and I’m happy to say that it’s good news for the most part!

I’ll try to be better about keeping in touch and let you know about how things are going with me.

Did I mention my sister is really really cool!

A belated happy new year to everyone may it be a healthy one and an end to all the stuff that 2020 gifted us with.

HUGS!!

Willa

Hi Willa,

It's lovely to read your update about all the positivity in your life right now. I'm especially happy to hear how supportive your pastor is, and wanting you to feel welcome by your church community when you come out to other congregants. Your sister is absolutely right when she says you shouldn't be ashamed, and it must be wonderful to know she's on your side though I'm sure it took a lot of courage to come out to her. It also sounds like your wife is gradually moving towards accepting you through some of the kind gestures she's making, she may just need more time to grow towards that.

Nice to meet you as well, by the way. I'm not sure I've seen you around the forums!

Love,

~Audrey.

• Forum Moderator

Thanks for the update Wila.  Your story gives a direction and hope for some who may be just starting out on this journey.

Hugs,

Charlize

Hi Willa, and thank you for sharing your update. I am in the early stages of self discovery and I do draw hope and inspiration from messages like yours as Charlize says. I hope that someday I too will have acceptance from my family as you got from your sister.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for sharing the positive news of your progress.

Rachel

• Forum Moderator

Thanks for the update Willa.  Sounds like life is going well.

Hi @Willa!  Great to hear from you again.
So happy you are in therapy, progressing in transition, and working through your relationship with your wife.  Sounds like things are falling in place.

Would love to hear more from you.  All the best❣️

Hello everyone and thank you for your replies!

Audrey, it’s a pleasure to meet you I look forward to reading of your experience in the forums!

with all the other things that I told everyone about in my initial post I somehow forgot to mention that I have been put in touch with a tri-state trans gender support group and I have already had a phone call from the moderator of the group. That put a bit of a sparkle in my eyes!

The not so good news is that I have found out what I accept you but I don’t approve I said by my wife means which oh really nothing.

My realization of this came the other evening as I was washing the dishes and she approached me and in an almost lighthearted manner told me about the new nominee for assistant secretary of health home she characterized as a homely Man with long hair.  She indicated by CVS that she thought that hole of a trans women were also ma’am and that I can foods me. So she made herself clear later by saying you were a man and one of these days she will wake up from this fantasy and behave like a man.

I thought we had gained some ground but I guess I was mistaken. Why the gift of clothes I don’t know as it does not fit with her statement.

Please forgive me for spoiling the uplifting post I’ve earlier.

still got a love that sister of mine!

Take care and blessings to everyone.

Willa

P.S.

moderators, will you please watch out for any Siri dictation quirks?

Thank you so much.

Edited by Jani

First of all ladies please allow me to apologize for the content of my last post it’s just that my wife’s behavior confuses me. I know that she’s struggling very hard and is trying to make some effort to help me unfortunately with every step forward with her there is a retrogression that a company it. For my part in this I am absolutely no saint I tend to react to what she says more often than responding and then of course we’re off to the races! I am learning though that it’s better not to have a retort to what she says so I keep quiet and stuff it down which of course cause it’s it’s own set of problems for me. I have said before and I will continually say it again I love my wife and I know that she’s capable of great kindness and expressions of love.

What I am struggling with is that she extends these ideas and GIFs and then immediately turns around and does or says something very hurtful to me. I have expressed this to my therapist and he is helping me to work through the hurt without causing more damage.

I am so grateful for your responses and support they mean more to me than I can express.

There is much good coming and I look forward to it.

Monday I will see my hairstylist and I plan to do some thing with my really fine long blonde hair which I am currently keeping in a ponytail and I’ve had more than one relatives look at a picture of me and ask when did I lose my hair. LOL!

So as they say a new adventure begins!

Please pray for my wife for her peace and moving on from the grief that she is feeling.

Hugs!

Willa