• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Using jock straps to help pack?

Motormouth95

I switched from boxers to boxer briefs for packing purposes several months ago. I found that i prefer the fit of the latter, and I now pack on a somewhat regular basis, but I've had some "slippage." It's been more annoying than I huge issue, but I want to avoid it if possible when my college starts back next week (Jan. 26th) . (I tried trunks, but I don't like the short legs). I know that getting an actual harness is the best option, but I don't have the time to wait on one to arrive in the mail. That's why I'm thinking of trying a jock strap under my boxer briefs because I can buy them locally. I was wondering if anyone has used them for this purpose before, and if y'all think this might be a possible solution.

• Forum Moderator

As someone who's worn a jock strap in the past (not much cause for one now, but hey) I don't think that would give your packer enough support to keep it in place. They're more focused on the scrotum area and I'd think the packer would be a little top-heavy. It's not like they're expensive though, and there might be a way to finesse it with a little extra fabric around the top so everything stays in place.

Thinking about it, with a little crafting you could probably use it as the framework for your own custom harness.

Best of luck!

Hugs!

if you have any spare ankle socks around, you can make a very simple Joey style packer pouch with one. Just put the packer into the sock, put the sock inside the boxer briefs, and pin the sock in place with a safety pin. You can look at getyourjoey.com for inspiration. This is my preferred method of packing. As long as the sock is small enough, you shouldn’t have any problems. Worth a shot.

• 8 months later...
On 1/22/2021 at 10:53 AM, TrIIIy said:

if you have any spare ankle socks around, you can make a very simple Joey style packer pouch with one. Just put the packer into the sock, put the sock inside the boxer briefs, and pin the sock in place with a safety pin. You can look at getyourjoey.com for inspiration. This is my preferred method of packing. As long as the sock is small enough, you shouldn’t have any problems. Worth a shot.

That is really good advice.  Thank you for sharing this with everyone.  Thais was one of the many questions that I had when I first joined the site.  My preference is boxers but obviously a packer is not going to stay in place.   Boxer briefs are better like the OP mentioned but yes there is a slippage problem which could be embarrassing.   briefs are better for keeping things in pace but the fact is most of us don't like them or at least anyone I have chatted with.