• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Congratulations Rachel Levine

Shay

Transwoman nominated for assistant secretary of health.

Congrats and best wishes to her AND us.

• Forum Moderator

Great news!  Adding some diversity to the ranks is always good!

She's amazing.  This admin is really going to help us.  Having her so visible on a national level will hopefully help "normalize" things for us. Especially with lawmakers and policy people.  So many people have never known or interacted with transgender people that we appear like freaks to them.  Having an exceptional accomplished physician working in national policy can only help.

Since coming out and being so visible myself, I have had so many clients and friends/coworkers comment that I'm the first trans-person they've know. Of course they probably have know others just they just weren't aware.  I see the impact I've had so can only imagine what see has done for bringing us out in the public sphere.  Kat Jenner brought trans out in the public hugely but was so "sensational" about it I'm not sure it helped. Dr Levine is on a whole different level!

Hope Rachel does great things for our community.  Kat Jenner as one of the notable trans figures could do so much for the Trans community  yet refuses to do so.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

I have seen her speak and can only comment that she is fully professional.  I doubt she will spend much of her time involved in the struggle for trans rights directly.  Instead simply being a hard working, intelligent person who happens to be trans she will make an impact.  She is a perfect representative in my opinion.

Hugs,

Charlize

Sadly I'm not a Jenner fan I see too much ego and she is so lucky to have the money to do anything she wants unlike most of us. And yes I am somewhat jealous that she has the money and it would be wonderful for her to help those of us who need funds for surgeries and therapy and things like electrolysis.

@Charlize wonderful point. Just having an intelligent professional is good for the U.S. for everyone.

2 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Kat Jenner as one of the notable trans figures could do so much for the Trans community  yet refuses to do so.

I have struggled to see Caitlyn Jenner as a role model. Nothing against her of course. I think it's the privilege aspect that makes it so difficult to relate. When I watched the "I Am Cait" series a few years ago, I couldn't help but feel how out of touch she was with the challenges facing the other transgender people she met. Maybe she has changed since 2015. Even still, I do think her high visibility has helped a little with mainstream consciousness of transgender people. Same with Elliot Page more recently. On the other hand, I feel that Rachel Levine and Sarah McBride are excellent role models. They will do important work in their positions, and raise the mainstream acceptance of transgender people in a very different way than a celebrity does.

I expect I will have a similar experience to what @Bri2021 describes when I come out fully at work. Many of my colleagues and clients may never have met a transgender person face-to-face, and only have whatever positive or negative impressions of the community exist in their minds. So I will be the very first one. They hold me in high regard now, and while I know things could change once I am out, I hope I can challenge any pre-existing negative attitudes by building on the positivity that they have felt about me all along.

Love,

~Audrey.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 87 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • Jackie C.
    • AwesomeClaire
    • BillieB
    • 2beBreanna
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Mary Jane
    • identityfun
    • HollyNoel
    • Drayse
    • AgnesBardsie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Rogerkyle3452
    Newest Member
    Rogerkyle3452

1. Freddie
      Freddie
      (19 years old)
    2. MWK89
      MWK89
      (32 years old)
    3. ophelia
      ophelia
      (27 years old)
    4. papaparca
      papaparca
      (24 years old)
    • AwesomeClaire
      Yeah the only trans people I know are online. I know one local person but she rarely responds. I've developed a pretty close friendship with a transwoman that is 1500 miles away in Canada. After COVID I plan on attending drag shows again and maybe I'll meet someone there. 
    • 2beBreanna
      Community involvement is a big part of everything the company does.  I have been involved with several food and toy drives.  This resource group will have a presence in towns where we have facilities.  We cover  over 2 thirds of the nation.  Getting to know how to make all feel included and comfortable was a big point I drove in my application for the chair position.  I will likely need help from all here to build ties all over if I get a chair spot.
    • Linda Marie
      Also the whole thing is designed to see ones self as others and how to handle different situations, be more than just one person!!! 
    • Linda Marie
      I am at the mercy of the members on this. I was worried about that and had my wife proof read what I was up to. I didn't include no explicit subjects because I feel safe here and felt the need not to. Thanks for having me here.   
    • 2beBreanna
      Thanks for the input..  I put in the application for 2 chair positions.  Hopefully I will get one of them.  Even if not I will be a member of this group.  This will help a lot of people.  The meeting had 75 people involved. I also threw in for a promotion.  If I get that then moving up or around will be easier.
    • Linda Marie
      I will go first. I will be Gina, a patient. Now as Gina I'm only allowed one ailment, but many doctors. I can be a doctor to other patients but not myself.  I can be other new patients, but always the ailment matches the character. I cannot talk to my other characters I created, whether I'm a doctor or patent. Patients can talk to other patents and their doctors, doctors can only talk to other doctors about their. patents. If you chose to talk to yourself, you can create a nurse. Remember, you can be as many people as you like, switch back and forth, and so on but to be a nurse, you can only be one nurse, same name.   Here goes,    WEEEEELLLL WEEEEEEEELLLL....screech......   I crawl in and fill out forms....name....Gina   sex....dah    age....old..... Problem.... Gina, I hurt my leg, will somebody please do their job and fix it...   ( nurse walks by, doctor walks by)   ............this is where the game begins...                        
    • Jackie C.
      Just a reminder: Nothing explicit. PG-13. We're not that kind of site. Carry on.   Hugs!
    • BillieB
      An update! I have expanded my Coming Out list again am halfway through my list with a goal of finishing it before Easter. My wife has taken me on a couple of shopping trips and starting to build my wardrobe. I am doing my nails, although a subtle shade of polish for now. I currently only dress feminine when at home and switch to "boy mode" when I go out, I went out this Sunday in one of my feminine outfits (including bra and breast forms) to lunch with a friend who I have already come out to. Afterwards my wife and I went clothes shopping. Tomorrow is my first visit to the Transgender Clinic and am so excited!   Virtual hugs to All! Billie
    • Tasha Marie
      I too am here to meet friends. I am lonely too. I have no trans friends at all. It is so tough with no one to  really talk to. Yes I have fellow pilots, but can’t discuss anything really about me.
    • ValerieRun
      I have come across an article (which of course I cannot find now lol) that explained how both operations can be done BUT order matters. It was something about moving (or spreading, or something) vocal cords in order to get to the area to be reduced. And so that has to be done first, or shortened cords might get in a way and tear or get damaged. Of course, it could have been that specific operation or surgeon, and might not apply to other methods, but there are definitely more options than just a binary choice 🙂
    • Jandi
      I should point out that I don't have a partner at this time of my life, but… In my experience, there are different kinds of them.  The kind I associate with the guy thing tends to be pretty directed toward one area.  And then there is a more full-body sort, that is more internal, but pretty intense.  At least in my experience this doesn't necessarily require the involvement of "down there" but is quite satisfying.  But, I suspect this is a very individual sort of thing. I find that these days I am less visually stimulated than I used to be.  I'm kind of developing a taste for "steamy romance" paperbacks.  Whoo…   But I'm kinda weird I think.  I suspect I'm more pansexual. At times I think there is a type of spiritual thing involved.   But then, like I said, I'm kinda weird.  
    • William03232019
      Oh that's great to hear because they did 2 rounds of blood tests for me and both times they mentioned my kidneys and liver were perfect! Thank you so much!
    • Jackie C.
      It's going to come down to your blood work. If your liver and kidneys are healthy, you won't have any problem. They just want your to be as healthy as possible before they put additional strain on your body.   You're young enough that you shouldn't have any issues, but being as healthy as possible is a good stance to take while undergoing transition. It puts a lot of stress on the body and it's on you to make sure your body is conditioned to handle it.   Of course you're on T so you'll be lifting more than my little girl arms can handle (I dead-lifted 270 today, it's more than my workout partner can lift for once and I'm excited) before you know it. 😉   Hugs!
    • AwesomeClaire
      Thanks Holly. Your name is pretty, I didn't think stripper when I saw it. 
    • HollyNoel
      You know it sweetie!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.