• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Welcome HOME Susan R

If memory serves me right, Susan will be flying home from Spokane today - a fully realized woman. I am so happy for you and proud of you.

Hugs

• Forum Moderator

Oh, and she'll be able to sleep in her own bed and have breakfast in her jammies!!  Welcome home!!

• Forum Moderator

What a whirlwind, congratulations Susan !, enjoy being at home again

Hugs

Cyndi

• Forum Moderator

Ahhh..Thank you ladies...you’re all so sweet. I did get home and I slept like a baby! I’m officially off my pain meds and so I think the minuscule amount of pain I feel is all there is so that’s a good thing. I have more pain from my new binding bra than any of the surgical areas. I still wake up stiff as can be but after a few hours I’m ready to rock ‘n roll. And NO, it’s not old age so don’t even go there folks..lol😋 It is so refreshing to be home where everything you need is where it’s supposed to be!

Thank you again for all your kind thoughts,

Susan R🌷

• Forum Moderator

yeehaw! Welcome home :DD

Dear @Susan R, It's so wonderful to hear that you're back home now and recovering well from your surgery, and with so little pain. Sending you positive energy all the from NYC!

Love,

~Audrey.

Glad you're home Susan. I'm sure you're tired and happy all at once. Rest is always easier when you're in your own comforts.

• Forum Moderator

Don't forget to take it a bit easy even if your feeling great.  Get extra rest !   I remember being told not to pick up anything over 8 pounds.(a gallon of water)  Hard on a farm for sure but i did try to be a good kid.  My son helped out.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

@Confused1 @TTheta @Emily michelle @Audrey @Abi @Charlize @gina-nicole-t

I appreciate the warm welcome Home! It is so nice to start back on my regular routine a little bit at a time. I did my daily walk for the first time in almost 3 weeks. It wasn’t my regular 3 mile route but I did manage to do a very slow 1 mile walk around our neighborhood. It was nice to say hi to a few of my regular passerby's on the route. It felt like I walked 3 miles though..lol

Many Thanks All,

Susan R🌷 

• Forum Moderator

Welcome home! I'm glad to hear you are getting on well :)

Tracy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

• Red_Lauren.
    • BlueNails
    • Pumela
    • Samantha2020
    • Emily Michele
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Dawn W.
    Newest Member
    Dawn W.

1. Alex.G
      Alex.G
    2. GurlinCanton
      GurlinCanton
      (39 years old)
    • Red_Lauren.
      Me deciding on going in to nails was purely a accident. I got my first set over the summer, and with me being hands on. It intrested me. I don't know what I would have done other wise. Retail, and food bores me. I left the manufacturing world. After being around it my whole life. Because it destroyed me body. I even was going to school for engineering at one point. I was good at it, but it really bored me, and I couldn't see my self sitting at a computer all day. 
    • KymmieL
      I am more girly than my wife. She is a tomboy.   Well my son came into the store and finally seen me in my new shirt. Of course he starts in at home, Kim possible and other BS I just ignored him. Don't know if he told my wife. If he did She hasn't brought it up.   Hope to find some info tomorrow on the transfer. Even news on the possibility of leaving would be something.   Got the bike out today. Felt good to ride again. Even if it was around town.   Kymmie
    • Kasumi63
      I bet you’re excited! Congratulations! Even if there are some painful moments, you’ll get through it! I wish you all the best!
    • Kasumi63
      Hi, myt10,  Valfole, Kay-san, and everyone else on this thread!   I have a very loving relationship with my wife, but we have been struggling with this issue for about ten years now. I just had GCS (a week ago!), and we are very close to finding a pretty happy resolution. However, this has been a long road with lots of struggles along the way, so I hope those of you here can learn from my experience, just as I can surely learn from you.   Without going into too much history, just let me explain that my wife is Japanese and we communicate in the Japanese language. We’ve been married for about twelve years, and for most of this time, I have been struggling with dysphoria and my gender identity. For a couple of years, I kept this hidden—not meaning to deceive but simply because I was struggling to make sense of everything myself. Eventually, however, it became more obvious to her what was going on—and she basically hit the roof. She used to barrage me with questions, and ultimatums, asking about my sexual orientation, gender, motivations, etc. And whenever she did, I completely shut down. I know I am fault here, too, but I simply could not share my deepest, mixed up feelings, knowing that it would mean the end of our relationship. Partly, it was because I honestly couldn’t answer all her blunt questions in the direct way she wanted; partly, it was because I was terrified of being rejected, especially knowing that I would not survive being abandoned, and also because I am extremely fond of her. Sometimes, months would go by and we’d be as happy as can be, and then something would set her off, and she would start lecturing me for hours (and I do mean hours) while I would just listen passively in silence. To be fair, from her perspective, she was struggling to communicate and just wanted answers. But from my perspective, I didn’t feel safe, confident, or secure enough to reply. On those rare occasions when I did reply, the result was more questions that would confuse me even more, leading to another shut down. Sometimes, I would try to stop dressing or transitioning for our relationship, but those efforts would never last long. Basically, she wanted me to choose between transitioning and her, and that was an impossible choice for me, so I kept wavering back and forth. There is no way I will abandon her, but I also can’t stop being my female self.   I think here I need to pause and comment about our sexual relationship. I know this is a difficult subject for everyone—and there is a ton of diverse here—but it’s obviously important for couples, if they want to clarify their relationship. As for me, I’m almost as confused on this topic as I have been about my sexual identity and orientation. Basically, when I was a man, I felt exclusively attracted to women, but what has become very clear to me over many years is that that attraction was more of an identifying with than an attraction to in the normal sense of the word. In other words, I’ve wanted to look and be like the women I’ve been with, if that makes any sense. On the other hand, whenever I was dressed as a woman, I mainly felt attracted to men and nothing excited me more than having a man be attracted to me. These were the times that I most felt like myself. For about ten years now, we haven’t had a sexual relationship at all.   And yet we love each other. Apart from this issue, we get along great. We share many of the same interests, thoroughly enjoy being with other, travel together, etc. I guess you can say we are the closest of friends. Still, there has been this gender issue, and as I’ve very slowly proceeded with my transition, the issue has become more and more difficult to ignore. And then everything came to a head when I started taking hormones—and she found them. Of course, she initially got upset, but I think something broke for her, too, and she started researching and reading up on transgender issues. At the same time, she also made up her mind to support me, instead of resisting. This in turn made it easier for me to open up, and I have gained even more respect for her. The past couple of years we have been moving forward more positively. Last year, I came out to my place of work, and last week I had GCS. I have my own apartment, but spend weekends and other times here with her. We also chat online everyday without fail. I may move back in with her in the future, but I don’t know.    I suppose another important issue in this that many people don’t like to talk about is finances, but this also has a huge impact on relationships. Luckily, I have been blessed with a great job that pays well. My wife has a decent job, but probably not enough to live where we live now. Anyway, I am determined to take care of her to the end, and she has made up her mind to be emotionally supportive and friends with me.   We will probably be getting divorced soon, maybe even this month. If you’ve read this far, you might be surprised to hear that, and I think most people think of divorce as an absolute end, but I don’t, and I don’t think my wife does either. However, this will be a big change. Obviously, she won’t be able to think of me as her husband any more (that’s been slowly changing anyway), and I won’t be able to think of her as my wife. A big reason for our decision (and it’s a negative one) is Japanese law. Here in Japan, same-sex marriage is illegal; consequently, it’s illegal to change one’s gender while being married. In other words, for me to legally become female, we have to get divorced. (I acquired Japanese citizenship many years ago.)   So what will the future bring for us? I honestly don’t know. We’re both in our fifties, and nearing retirement, and we’re both pretty down on the idea of marrying again. However, she might find someone and fall in love, and I might, too. Personally, I would love to have a boyfriend, but I don’t know if I can make any commitments. My wife seems to be the same way. Of course, I want her to be happy more than anything, and I deeply respect her for supporting me, even if it’s taken some time for her to get to this point. I will be moving to an apartment that’s very close by, and she will stay in our condo, and I do not doubt that we will stay as close friends.   Conclusions? Message of the story? I think there are many, but this has gotten way too long, so I’ll leave that for a follow up post. For now, I’ll just say that if you love and respect each other, you have nothing to fear moving foward.    
    • Aurora
      First off, I am getting really excited.  45 days and counting till April 21st for my GCS.   Then also, when I had my major surgery on my stomach area back in early 2009 for cancer.  I found that just holding a pillow over my stomach area really helped out with pain when I sneezed or cough.
    • Myles97
      Thank you so much for that!! ❤️
    • Jamie68
      Well you should have known better than to challenge her womanhood. You probably would have responded the same.   I love that you two can share. I don't know if my wife would be so accommodating.   I normally didn't have to shave for 2 days. Tomorrow I'm going to try out my electrolysis machine. It's been about a week since I pulled all my face hairs. About half of them are 1/4" long now. The instructions say that it only works well on new growth.
    • 2beBreanna
      @ElizabethStar Sounds like you finally have support from your wife. That's great!  I've tried saying I am more girl than my wife once..well.. it did not end good.  That was one of the few times we had negative conversations about me being trans.     Today we went out with her mother to some stores looking for yard decor mostly.  We ended up going to an outlet mall that had a Vera Bradley store. I fell in love with on of their new patterns and so did my wife.  I tried getting a backpack purse. That was shot down but we ended up with a cute regular style purse we will share.     I keep my arms and legs shaved all the time.  My face is my biggest concern.  The hair grows slowly so if I try to shave daily it looks bad cause I can't get a close shave.  So I end up having to wait at least 3 days but then it's a little longer and can't stand stubble for those days.  I decided to wait on laser or anything until hrt has an effect on hair growth.  Hoping it will lessen the amount of sessions needed.
    • Carolyn Marie
      I like the statement; very definitive.  Took 'em long enough.    Carolyn Marie
    • ElizabethStar
      I did what I could to clean up my story.   What started my trigger was a motorcycle accident. I broke my back and fractured my knee. It was just an off-chance I was wearing a helmet. I usually didn't and it saved my life. After that self abuse became my normal. Years later my migraines started to get the best of me. To the point my Dr. swore I had a stroke. They tested me for everything but found nothing except migraines, lots of migraines. I was put on meds for them. Although it didn't do much for my headaches but I did started to feel more feminine. After a couple of months I realized I had been thinking about my gender identity for years. Then one day it hit me. It was like like a computer had been running a calculation for 40 years and finally got an answer. I'm a girl. I didn't know if or what I could do with this new information but I had my answer. I tried to tell myself I was too old and emotionally messed up to transition. It didn't help the girl wanted out. Eventually things came crashing down and I tried to delete myself. It's just by a miracle I'm still here. That night I promised myself I would set aside my fears, be strong and accept my true self. Since then I quit drinking, smoking and have been taking better care of myself. Even my migraines are gone now. I really wish I would've done this sooner but I'm here now and that all that really matters.
    • Mmindy
      Looks great Linda, I'm with @Jackie C.on this, you've out dressed most people at Walmart.    Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • Kasumi63
      For many years, I have been going to a Japanese snack bar (a quaint karaoke bar) where I’ve been dressing up for years. I’ve worn Lolita fashion dresses, a sexy kimono dress, and other interesting outfits. Although I was a regular customer, other customers, especially the non-regulars, often mistook me for a hostess and would call me to their tables. Of course, I always played along! Anyway, I think my most popular outfit was my AKB48 (Japanese girl idol group) outfit. (See my photo below.) Whenever I wore this outfit, customers would urge me to sing a AKB48 song, so I learned a couple. That always got people dancing. Unfortunately, I don’t have the outfit anymore. (I wore it so often that it just got too worn out!) By the way, I haven’t been to this great snack for over a year now, because of COVID-19, and I have been transitioning in the meantime, so I think everyone will be quite surprised when they see me again! I can’t wait!  If you’re ever in Okinawa, you absolutely have to come here, so let me know, and I’ll bring you!
    • AgnesBardsie
      You may have had some encouragement on this site but don’t forget who it was who plucked up his courage, faced his deepest fears, and overcame them. You can take immense pride in that!
    • Valfole
      Hi everyone,      My spouse came out as trans very recently and we’re both still trying to process everything in our mind. We are both very happy to stay together (I recently came out as Pan and she is still attracted to women) but we are very anxious about how everything will change. This is mainly because we just don’t know that much. I was wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom from the other side of this journey that they wish they had at the start, either for the person transitioning or their spouse. I wholeheartedly support her in this transition (although I will admit my anxiety and insecurities have been MUCH more present but I gather that is fairly common). I want to make sure I support her without driving her insane and without pushing aside my own feelings in an effort to protect her from extra stress. I know counseling/therapy is a big one and we are working on getting that set up. Is there any other advice you all can think of?
    • Myles97
      Sorry for the double post above. Not sure why update 1 posted twice. Strange. Idk how to delete.    anyways: update 2! same day, but talked with my mom more. She is treating me totally normal! I’m just Myles and that’s okay! I feel so euphoric. Also my girlfriend took me shopping today and I got lots of new clothes and shoes. Again, cue euphoria! My mom also told my “godmother” who is someone I am closest too. I told my mom I was scared that my god-mom wouldn’t love me anymore... well a few hours ago my godmother texted me reassuring me she loves me no matter what!! She said it’ll be a change, but it’s perfectly fine. Y’all, I have been happy crying on and off all day. I can’t express how happy I finally feel. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.