• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Wife help

Brianna1

I am new to transgender. Realized it about a year ago. Have wardrobe and do some feminine things. Trying to stay married and not hurt her anymore then I have. Want to start hrt and that is her biggest hang up besides being married to a woman. Any advice how to smooth things over?

Consider finding an experienced gender therapist and have both of you attend sessions.  This made a real difference for me and my spouse.....

Best wishes,

Astrid 

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.

Seconded, a joint session would probably do both of you good. Presuming your wife can deal with being a lesbian by marriage, she needs to understand that the person she loves isn't going away. HRT isn't going to turn you into a sex maniac hungry for boy bits. I actually saw a statistic the other day (not sure how accurate it was, but it felt about right) that only about 25% of us (MtF) are straight. By straight I mean into men if that's not clear. So you have no plans to leave her. You're still going to be yourself, you'll just have softer skin, less body hair and breasts. I mean sure you're also going to be more emotional too, there will be some personality changes but it's not going to turn you into Ms. Hyde. Just different bits of your personality rotate around to become more prominent while others fade into the background. It's subtle, but you're still you.

That was more than I intended, but the core is that you're still going to be you and you're not going to go anywhere unless she pushes you away. It might help her to hear that from somebody else. Someone with letters after their name.

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

she needs to understand that the person she loves isn't going away.

This! Hi Brianna, it's nice to meet you and I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're facing with your wife. My partner has also struggled to accept me since I came out as a binary trans woman, started presenting myself in a more feminine way, and began HRT. I will say that the idea of being in a lesbian relationship has been especially hard for my partner, and she has many of the fears Jackie described. My partner and I are striving to keep open and honest communication so we can share about our feelings, rather than keeping them hidden where they can fester into anger, resentment, or worse. Since I came out last summer, my words and actions have shown her that I remain committed to our relationship. She also understands that I have the same anxiety about it too, so there is mutual reassurance, and I feel it's helped us grow together rather than apart. When new challenges come up in the future, we will have a solid foundation of love to face them from. Also, joint therapy sessions can be a great help too as the other posters have suggested. Wishing you the best!

Love,

~Audrey.

• Forum Moderator

You have had advice here that certainly helped us.  My wife and i spent a great deal of time talking, crying, hugging each other.  She had a great deal of grieving to go through and she went through all the stages of grief.   Of course from my perspective nothing changed.  I had always known but my dishonesty was a factor.  Fortunately as i tried to see things from her side i was able to move forward honestly but gently.  Years later we are closer than ever.  I am blessed!  Many wives simply can not accept.  I knew that and could only pray that i could support her regardless of her path.

I wish you all the best.  Be as kind ,reassuring and loving as you can be.

Hugs,

Charlize

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

• DeeDee
    • Tasha Marie
    • Susan R
    • Jackie C.
    • Kjiersten
    • KathyLauren
    • Emily michelle
    • Ellie Jean
    • Niamh
    • KimmieElise
    • Jamie68
    • RachelCJ
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Linda Marie
    Newest Member
    Linda Marie

1. 2bealady
      2bealady
      (92 years old)
    2. 4raucous
      4raucous
      (66 years old)
    • Ellie Jean
      I'm going to a speech therapist that specializes in treating transgender patients in the near future, but I think I'll still opt for Voice Feminization Surgery later on just so that I don't have to think about it constantly, or worry about slipping up when I cough or sneeze or clear my voice or snore or talk in my sleep or WHATEVER lmao. (I actually do talk in my sleep; mom and I were staying at a hotel once during a cross country trip and she said she heard me say in my sleep, "I hope they take human money on this planet...seems kinda mixed." LOL. It was about five minutes before I woke up and I actually remember that dream and what I was doing when I said that; mom and I had just arrived on a new planet and I was taking in my surroundings; there were aliens of all different shapes and sizes; some of them kinda human looking, some of them definitely human, and other that were clearly not human; it was very "mixed" indeed, ethnically speaking lol. The dream definitely reflected my travel anxieties during our trip lmao.
    • Lee H
      Hi Jae Bear I appreciate your YT vids for your laid back style and the reassurance they offer. It's very important for someone like me, on the front end of this journey.   I heard you tell the story of your bike-wreck injuries. My cruiser high-side was 7 ribs broken in 11 places, a flail chest and a punctured lung. Compared to you, I was only bruised up a little. I'm glad you survived.   And I'm glad to know that you're in Oakland. I lived for awhile just uphill from Tele and Claremont. Three roomies from Cal College of Arts and Crafts, and me, just arrived from Reno, mind totally blown by Telegraph Ave before the "Summer of Love" brought the speeders, waiting for Cal residency for SF State. We were good friends with Owsley Stanley, but I'm old as dirt, so a young girl like you might not have met him. We could stand on our front porch, look directly out under the GG Bridge, past the Farallons at beautiful sunsets, while loaded, playing acoustic guitar and feeling soooo hip, slick and cool.... Charlize might know that feeling, too.... ~~Thanks, and a big hug from Lee~~  
    • Tasha Marie
      Thank you Jandi.
    • Jandi
      Welcome Tasha Marie
    • Delcina B
      Thank you Vicky! For too long my thinking was stuck in the binary belief, but inside the real me was saying that's wrong, driving me crazy.
    • Carolyn Marie
      These live streaming event will be held on Saturday, April 3, 2021.   http://southbaytdov.org/   Carolyn Marie
    • Jandi
      I haven't gotten a legal change yet, but I already get mail for Jandi since I mostly use it as my "delivery" address.  I'm even of a number of mailing lists now - they usually want money.  LOL   But lately I am working toward a legal name and gender change.  It is intimidating, even if desired.
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Excellent article, Vicky.  Thanks!   Carolyn
    • Jandi
      My ex and I had split before I faced my own transness.  She was the first one I talked about it with.  She wasn't much surprised.  We never got back together, but are still friends.
    • Shay
      Always liked this Dave Clark Five song and like it even better hearing Tom Petty doing it..............    
    • miz miranda
      @Shay As a congenital nonconformist, I love the rebellion! I also think a monkees shirt and a leather skirt with heels matching the shirt would make a great outfit.   A second odd pairing of bands   . This also occurred in 1967 when the Doors opened for Simon and Garfunkel. Doors opened with   and one of my favorite songs    
    • Jandi
      I like sports bras because the cup size isn't much of an issue.  It's fine under a sweater or some cool weather clothes, but I'll switch off to something else with a lighter top - or lower neckline.
    • Confused1
      Correction, GCS in about two months, not one.     Mike
    • LusciousTheLock
      I can echo all the above, and you may have read how I did it- Strangest ways of coming out... Not totally recommended if your relationship isn't as "Creative" as mine.    The worst one I had to do was actually my boss. Everyone in the office knew about me and so I went to talk with my boss who is bit of a dinosaur. Nice fella, but opinionated. I told him about my depression and how it was started by low testosterone and some realisation about myself, when he interrupted me... "Well, we all get problems as we get older. the ones I don't get are those F*king Perves. Forty, married, Couple of kids. Suddenly decide they want to be a F*king woman! What's that all about?". I told him I would speak with him later and crept out of his office about 3" high.   It took me six months to try again, and after several "Are you sure about this" and with 10 other members of staff looking on through the window, he eventually looked back at me and gave me a hug. He admitted he was a dinosaur, but said he wasn't afraid to evolve with my help. Actually, he's never failed to call me Tamsyn or call me She / her. in the six months since.   I think the answer is- give her a chance. You need to be you. If it fails, it fails. Nothing can change that.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.