• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Why is it hard to find transgendered friends

Denisenj

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, HollyNoel said:

Jackie, my dream is going to San Diego comic con as Xena. Though, I don't think I would have the legs or the guts to be Xena. I still want to go.. is that so wrong?  lol

I want to go to DragonCon as She-Hulk so I think you're good.

Hugs!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HollyElizabeth

• Jackie C.

• SheenaT

• Red_Lauren.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We would be the best cos players there. lol

I have a friend that's a girl, and she went to several cons as Xena. I know she would jump at the chance to dress me.. lol

I'm so tempted.. lol.. No I can't go. I shouldn't.. lol. I would probably make the mistake of hooking up with someone as Hercules! or Iolaus! from "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys". Lord knows I wouldn't mind Kevin Sorbo, But anything other than him and I just know I would regret it and end up in my book of regrets.. lol

Hell, I wouldn't mind Lucy Lawless or Renée O'Connor. Back before I knew who I really was and thought women were who I was into, I had the biggest crush on Renée. Now I know for sure, I was fishing in the wrong pond back then.. lol

• Forum Moderator

I don't know about that. Some of the cosplayers are really, really good.

Jen says the party "after dark" gets a little rowdy, but that's not really my scene so...

Kevin Sorbo really isn't my type, but yeah, I'd happily pal around with Lucy and Renee. Heck, I'd dress as a Jagermonster and totally be a booth babe for the Foglios given half a chance.

Hugs!

Tell Jen that if I ever gone with you guys, she has to be my babysitter. I'm a very friendly drunk.. lol

• Forum Moderator

I could probably babysit. I don't drink. ?

Hugs!

I don't drink either. It's been over 30 years, since mid 20s. But when I did drink I was everyone's friend. Though, if I were going to dress as Xena, I would need a few. There isn't that much to what shes wearing. lol

• Forum Moderator

I don't drink either. It's been over 30 years, since mid 20s. But when I did drink I was everyone's friend. Though, if I were going to dress as Xena, I would need a few. There isn't that much to what shes wearing. lol

Ah, to keep warm. Gotcha.

I was thinking my She-Hulk suit would involve a body-stocking so I don't have green body paint in my everywhere to clean up afterwards. Also warmer, but DragonCon is in Georgia so that might not be an issue for a Northerner like me.

Hugs!

I was born and raised in central Illinois. Cold doesn't bother me. It's the showing the candy that bothers me.. Her outfit is more showing than I would feel comfortable with.. lol

• Forum Moderator

I don't know. Arms, legs, cleavage. I'd need to simulate cleavage (I don't have any, certainly not in the amounts Lucy does), but I run around in less than that at the gym and it doesn't bother me. Her "armor" isn't all that revealing. It's not like the Leeloo (5th Element, yes the bandages) costume I saw at GenCon. I wouldn't wear that, but to be fair the young woman wearing it didn't seem very happy either, it could have been her boyfriend's idea (speculation, I didn't see her with anybody).

I guess the moral of the story is cosplay in something you'd actually wear.

Hugs!

I missed a lot of stuff today. 

I feel better knowing I’m not alone in not having trans friends to hang out with. I do have all of you and you all mean the world to me.

There was an enby that I worked with for a couple of years. They quit and moved on. I thought we were friends, we even had plans to hang out some night but they quickly ghosted on me. 

I’ve made cis girl friends, at work, which is freaking awesome but I’m still trying to learn my way and very afraid I’ll burn them out. 

I really need to get to a Con one of these days. I’m a mecha-girl, been working on an exoskeleton armor costume for several years that I really need to finish. 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

I really need to get to a Con one of these days. I’m a mecha-girl, been working on an exoskeleton armor costume for several years that I really need to finish. 

I want to see that very, very much. Glee!

Hugs!

OMG Jackie! There is no way I would wear the Leeloo costume. One, I'm not in that kind of shape, and 2 scaring the con goers is not in my plans. Speaking of. I really wonder how long they had to talk to get her to wear that costume for the movie. I don't think I would have an issue if I looked as good as she did.

Elizabeth hun, I consider you my friend  I think you were the first girl I talked to here.

I hate to steal from Spock But you have been and will always be my friend!

I talked to my friend that went a comic con years ago as Xena, I know she wants to go again.. lol

This is the girl at the time, I had a crush on.

You know what, I have plenty bandages, Leeloo it is. lol

My luck, I would probably look more like a traffic victim rather than the sexy 5th element known as LOVE. lol

1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

I’ve made cis girl friends, at work, which is freaking awesome but I’m still trying to learn my way and very afraid I’ll burn them out. 

Ive made friends with my hairdressser, waxing lady, and nail lady. Like you I don't want to burn them out. As they are all business owners, and have their own family's to deal with, so I generally only text them once and a while. The funny thing is by the holiday season. Ill be in the industry my self, so we will have more to talk aobut. 

1 hour ago, Red_Lauren. said:

Ive made friends with my hairdressser, waxing lady, and nail lady. Like you I don't want to burn them out. As they are all business owners, and have their own family's to deal with, so I generally only text them once and a while. The funny thing is by the holiday season. Ill be in the industry my self, so we will have more to talk aobut. 

There is no substitute for girlfriends that are transgender that understand our struggle. I have none locally.

1 hour ago, SheenaT said:

There is no substitute for girlfriends that are transgender that understand our struggle. I have none locally.

Same here, but i have tired. Honestly at this point in my life. Everything life changing event i have had to deal with. I have always delt with it alone. Not because I wanted to, but I learned I can't depend on people when I need them, and im not very needy. 

Same here, but i have tired. Honestly at this point in my life. Everything life changing event i have had to deal with. I have always delt with it alone. Not because I wanted to, but I learned I can't depend on people when I need them, and im not very needy. 

I'm not that strong

• Forum Moderator

I'm not that strong

You're stronger than you think. You reached out to us after all. That took courage. So did admitting that you were trans. Also courageous.

We're here for whatever support we can give. That's the primary function of this community after all: To support each other.

Hugs!

I'm not that strong

It sucked at first, but now I don't even bother asking. 25 years of being treated like trash will do that to a person. 

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

You're stronger than you think. You reached out to us after all. That took courage. So did admitting that you were trans. Also courageous.

We're here for whatever support we can give. That's the primary function of this community after all: To support each other.

Hugs!

Thank you hun!

It sucked at first, but now I don't even bother asking. 25 years of being treated like trash will do that to a person. 

I'm so sorry hun. That's awful ?

I can't make all the cis friends I want, but finding a group of people that are going through the same things I am is a good thing. I'm just looking for trans friends I can hang out with offline.

I can't make all the cis friends I want, but finding a group of people that are going through the same things I am is a good thing. I'm just looking for trans friends I can hang out with offline.

I think we all do

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Hugs!

That's so right. I was told that real strength doesn't come from being physical, it comes from being able to do the things you thought you never could. The fact that we all are willing to claim we are trans, it makes us stronger that all others.

My strength comes from being who I know I am and not hiding as who I used to be.

@Red_Lauren.

You are my hero!!!

• Forum Moderator

That's so right. I was told that real strength doesn't come from being physical, it comes from being able to do the things you thought you never could. The fact that we all are willing to claim we are trans, it makes us stronger that all others.

My strength comes from being who I know I am and not hiding as who I used to be.

Very true. Strength comes from your spirit.

Though I can press over 1000 pounds with my legs and glutes. ?

In all seriousness though, strength is doing what you need to do even though it's difficult. Doing what you know is right despite what others are telling you. Following your heart when it seems like the whole world is against you. Trans people embody strength. The road is difficult, but still we persevere. And thrive.

Hugs!