• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Why is it hard to find transgendered friends

Denisenj

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Very true. Strength comes from your spirit.

Though I can press over 1000 pounds with my legs and glutes. ?

In all seriousness though, strength is doing what you need to do even though it's difficult. Doing what you know is right despite what others are telling you. Following your heart when it seems like the whole world is against you. Trans people embody strength. The road is difficult, but still we persevere. And thrive.

Hugs!

AMEN!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HollyElizabeth

• Jackie C.

• SheenaT

• Red_Lauren.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SheenaT said:

I'm so sorry hun. That's awful ?

It is what it is. That is part of the reason why I don't try to make friend's, and if I do. My circle is always small. Maybe 2-4 friends at the most. Also I have learned as I have gotten older. Most of my friends work normal 9-5 jobs, have family's and other things going on. While I work what ever hours I can, no kids, no wife. So finding a time they can help me with what ever never works out, and thats ok. 

1 hour ago, HollyNoel said:

@Red_Lauren.

You are my hero!!!

In my eyes I don't view it has a hero action. I view it as f the world, and do what I please. 

That's so right. I was told that real strength doesn't come from being physical, it comes from being able to do the things you thought you never could. The fact that we all are willing to claim we are trans, it makes us stronger that all others.

My strength comes from being who I know I am and not hiding as who I used to be.

I've been told how strong I am. Mainly for not transitioning (so far) and yet remaining sane! LOL

1 hour ago, Red_Lauren. said:

It is what it is. That is part of the reason why I don't try to make friend's, and if I do. My circle is always small. Maybe 2-4 friends at the most. Also I have learned as I have gotten older. Most of my friends work normal 9-5 jobs, have family's and other things going on. While I work what ever hours I can, no kids, no wife. So finding a time they can help me with what ever never works out, and thats ok. 

In my eyes I don't view it has a hero action. I view it as f the world, and do what I please. 

Well I view it as a hero thing. If you've ever read comic books, it is said that heroes are made, not born. That means that heroes are born from hardships, they are just normal people that got tired of being walked upon. That's you hun, you've had enough and you aren't going to let others walk all over you any more. That makes you a hero in my book.

Well I view it as a hero thing. If you've ever read comic books, it is said that heroes are made, not born. That means that heroes are born from hardships, they are just normal people that got tired of being walked upon. That's you hun, you've had enough and you aren't going to let others walk all over you any more. That makes you a hero in my book.

?

Ok, I get it now. I wasn't too big on comics growing up. Its probably been 20 years since I even looked at one. 

6 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I want to see that very, very much. Glee!

I have a couple revisions I'm working on and I'll happily take some new pics when they're done but here's a teaser. Mind you I have made almost a full suit minus the head and feet. It's all 3d printed PLA plastic, a few hundred steel BB's for ball bearings and that's it. All press fit together, no glue, bolts, screws.

IMG_4269.jpeg

5 hours ago, HollyNoel said:

Elizabeth hun, I consider you my friend  I think you were the first girl I talked to here.

I hate to steal from Spock But you have been and will always be my friend!

Thanks @HollyNoel. I think of you as a friend too. Maybe someday we can meet for coffee.

2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Thanks @HollyNoel. I think of you as a friend too. Maybe someday we can meet for coffee.

You know it, I would love to meet for coffee. I hope when it finally happens, I won't be dead waiting for my court date for my name change. lol

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I have a couple revisions I'm working on and I'll happily take some new pics when they're done but here's a teaser. Mind you I have made almost a full suit minus the head and feet. It's all 3d printed PLA plastic, a few hundred steel BB's for ball bearings and that's it. All press fit together, no glue, bolts, screws.

Oh, I love good fabrication. No idea why, I just do. I so want to see that when it's finished. I'm positively giddy!

Hugs!