• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

End on ban for trans troops in U.S. military

Audrey

Sorry for the double post. Forum performance has been very sluggish today, I got a timeout error but the topic posted anyway. Any mod/admin can delete the extra thread. Thanks!

Love,

~Audrey.

• Admin
Carolyn Marie
1 hour ago, Audrey said:

Sorry for the double post. Forum performance has been very sluggish today, I got a timeout error but the topic posted anyway. Any mod/admin can delete the extra thread. Thanks!

Love,

~Audrey.

No worries, Audrey.  Happens to all of us.

Even though it was expected, this news really makes my day and brings a smile to my face.  It was one of Trump's very first discriminatory acts, along with the Muslim travel ban, and set the stage for what was to come.  Those on the right will scream and shout, but I hope that Congress will make this permanent so no other President can undo it.

Best wishes to our sisters and brothers in the military, and those who wish to be.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.

Duplicate thread removed. I picked the one that didn't have posts stuck to it.

Also, yay! My brothers sisters and xisters can serve if they so choose!

Hugs!

Hurray! Now we just need a law, so no other prudes can do the same again. 

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.

A very good point. These progressive executive orders need to become laws so the next regressive chucklehead doesn't spend his first week unraveling all the good things.

Hugs!

I'm right now holding my breath dear Chuck doesn't drop the ball, and instead drops the filibuster rules(tears them up and sets them ablaze), so we have less noise and more fixing. Those simple rules and guidelines can always be put back later but for now we don't need the filibuster rules.

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.

More importantly, I want it to be writ in the clouds whenever one of the bozos in congress votes against the well-being and interests of the people they are supposed to be representing and/or popular bills.

Hugs!

A good number of those bozos need to be locked away and be banned from serving in office again for treason. Both my grandfather's served, and one served during WW2 and fought against actually Nazis. So I'm beyond dumbstruck and fed up with this nonsense. 

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.
1 hour ago, Mx.Drago said:

Both my grandfather's served

Oh hey, mine too. My paternal grandfather was Navy, my maternal grandfather was army. I completely get it, I am not wired to process the whole "fascism = good!" mindset these people are spewing. Everyone involved in the coup needs to be stripped of their office and jailed for a very, very long time.

Hugs!

My maternal grandfather was a 1st lieutenant then demoted to 2nd after he refused orders to charge out of the fox hole he got stuck in for two weeks in the Ardennes region. Sadly, he died before I was born. My paternal grandfather, who just died last year, had the less exciting job as a communications officer stationed in Egypt during Desert Storm. 😅He always had the most "interesting" stories about the locals. Who knew the Wars would never truly be finished and still we be in a pissing match over things that should have been made blatantly clear and finished. Makes my head hurt and stomach turn.

8 hours ago, Mx.Drago said:

I'm right now holding my breath dear Chuck doesn't drop the ball, and instead drops the filibuster rules(tears them up and sets them ablaze), so we have less noise and more fixing. Those simple rules and guidelines can always be put back later but for now we don't need the filibuster rules.

We knew Joe Manchin (WV) would be a hard sell on this,  but then Krysten Sinema (AZ) says she wants to keep the filibuster and won't even consider changing her mind. 

10 hours ago, RhondaS said:

We knew Joe Manchin (WV) would be a hard sell on this,  but then Krysten Sinema (AZ) says she wants to keep the filibuster and won't even consider changing her mind. 

😓I saw the report yesterday bout an hour after I posted...So many words...none good or safe to post, just lines of really foul vemon pouring out.

I'm waiting for the day that he pushes for the VA to revise it's position on surgeries for Transgender Veterans.  I doubt it will ever happen though.

On 1/26/2021 at 2:25 AM, Jackie C. said:

regressive chucklehead

Love that, Jackie!  I'm gonna steal that❣️😁

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 57 Guests (See full list)

• Kasumi63
    • ValerieRun
    • Emily michelle
    • Petra Jane
    • unknown
    • Delcina B
    • Charlize
    • 2beBreanna
    • Shawnster
    • Jackie C.
    • Jocelyn
    • ChrisR
    • Myles97
    • Rosie.
    • KathyLauren
    • Margo
    • ElizabethStar
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

jlivingston
    Newest Member
    jlivingston

1. emily the wolf
      emily the wolf
      (16 years old)
    2. Fai
      Fai
    3. Iberianwolf12
      Iberianwolf12
    4. VSS-Rosa
      VSS-Rosa
      (22 years old)
    • Sarahnr1
      belive  me  i know  its  a living pain in the  .....   It has  managed to put  my life on hols d as well JUST when i finaly   began to get somewhere  ( found  a  LOVELY partner  and  well we are on hold  until things  calm down over here  HOPFULLY  tho were  able to finaly meet this spring  )      I understand  its  hard   (despite all the  garbage you most likely read  about Sweden  we are as close to total lock down as can be  right now  and we have had  restrictions  ever since )     Yeah we have that  BS  over  here as well  (only its  with the Astra  vaccine    They are working  on it  tho and  as  more  adults  have takend  the vaccine   will be  shielded  by those that have takend it .   Just read today  that youre predident   have declared   that its  expected  thet the majority of  US   citizens  WILL  be vaccinated   by June so its  not  that there isent  a  light in this tunnel dear   (infact same  goal is  over  here  by Midsummer  PROVIDING  we get  our  doses  alredy contracted )  BUT as i said  just because   the vaccin is  in you DONT mean youre   immune  to this   and sadly i would say  we need to accept  that there will be  some  restrictions  needed   in one form or level  or another  for  a  the rest  of this year  (This  DONT mean  full lock down  and  restrictions  will be  lowerd   im shore   come  summer  as more and  more  have been vaccinated.    And you should also know that US  have  WAY faster rate  and  vaccine  then we have over here in EU  So its   most definetly on in US   to get better  my friend. The  problem  is if  restrictions   are  removed  or lowerd  to fast  or to much   you risk getting  hit again (we are actually now in wave 3  )   And we  havent lowerd  only increased  as the  sitution have  changed.  So what we all need to try is  to have some patince   my friend  and remember  one year  ago    NOONE   belived  we would have vaccines  done  alredy.    And  belive  me  i agree  its  frustrating  as  .....  waiting  for the darn vaccine  and all the  flipping  restrictions  messing  up the  entire world  so i understand  youre frustration   BUT   go as far  as  suicide  due to it   NA   thats  just  stupid  my friend. & you know as well as  i do that you actually dont want to either.    HANG in there it WILL get better  my friend  THAT i can guarantee  you  and  its  not  that far  of  either                     
    • Myles97
      I personally feel my self-doubt through the roof right now. Thoughts about my gender are literally consuming me. I think it’s because I have been trying to come out to my parents the last three days and can’t work up the nerve to do it. It’s making me so angry at myself. It’s starting to get to be a bit too much. I thought telling a friend would ease a bit of the burden but it didn’t. I still feel overwhelming dread for having to tell my parents and it has me consumed with self doubt. I guess my brains way of trying to convince me to just stay in the closet. 
    • Jackie C.
      In my personal experience, when a tech realizes she's wearing a skirt and is therefore unable to modestly, for example, crawl under desks to attend to cables, she grabs a male co-worker and makes him do it. This method probably won't work for you in the field, so you'll need to pack a male co-worker (or at least someone wearing pants) in your truck for deployment as needed.   I suppose you could also wear leggings, boy-shorts or other appropriate garments under your skirt. That would mean you vacuum-packed a co-worker for nothing though.   Hugs!
    • ElizabethStar
      I don't know, so far it hasn't happened. I have a pair of jeans in my trunk just in case but I haven't worn them in a couple years.    
    • Myles97
      @VickySGV and @Carolyn Marie thank you both for sharing that with me. That makes me feel a lot better. I’m from the south and I don’t see a lot of out trans professors around here. I totally understand why, but it had me so worried that maybe there weren’t any. Thanks for giving me hope!!! I definitely want to move either up north or to California after graduation. 
    • Transgirlkatie
      This things has been going on for a year now, I can't stand social distancing and wearing masks past the summer. And what I'm concerned about is that too many people will refuse the vaccine, sadly in the USA theres a bunch of anti vaxxers, and then there's the issue of we don't have a vaccine for kids yet, and it might take till next year to get one. And we can't vaccinate that many till we can vaccinate kids because they're 22 percent of the population
    • Willow
      Hi,   catching up here, well skinning mostly.  Y’all been pretty prolific writers.   I don’t have my pilots license, I started that with my son as my instructor.  He is a commercial airline pilot with more ratings than I can keep up with.  He paid a lot of his way through Embry Riddle by instructing other students.  We had to stop when 911 hit. The school he taught at was too close to Dulles and was in the exclusion zone.    I have my motorcycle endorsement.  I used to ride a Harley Ultra Classic.  But it became unsafe for me to continue riding it after I tore up my shoulder.  Some days I miss riding but mostly not.     @KymmieL I hope not being able to get to Spokane for that interview didn’t set you back.   I've been doing outdoor spring clean up now that we have a break in the rain.  The rivers are finally receding.  We had some flooding at the marina, four to eight inches of water covered the road in.  Everything here is tidal so now it just floods at high tide. Hopefully that will be gone by Monday.   I continue to add people to my coming out.  So far so good.   until next time   Willow  
    • Bri2020
      I feel ya sister.  everywhere I turned the last few days I felt attacked.  Damn algorithms figured out I'm trans/LGBT and have filled my news feeds with all the negative news.   I know there's positive movement happening for us but it gets so drowned out by the hate.  I had to call in someone to take over for me at work because I spiraled down so bad.    Continuing the other topics of flying and bikes, I gave up my bike a few years back when it just became too painful to ride with my back issues.  I hope someday to go get my single engine license someday.  I miss flying from my Army days. I was a Huey crewchief back then and 99% of the time a passenger but occasionally got some stick time on maintance check out flights by some less than by the books pilots . They're justification was I should know the basics in case they were shot.  Never could hover but I got to the point where I think I could bring her back and land if I had to.  
    • Jamie68
      I'm a retired sheet metal worker of 40+ years. A skirt just wouldn't do. What do you do when you have to climb up a ladder?
    • LusciousTheLock
      Yep, the news gets you like that. I try not to read anything regarding LGBT+ anymore, as its always negative.
    • LusciousTheLock
      This is a great thread. My self doubt came from the fact that I had tried so hard to be a cis male. What a great bloke I was. Bought my first house at 24, married at 25, four children. Worked hard, played hard. Petrol-head and sex addict. We even made adult movies in my 20's!   It was all lies, and I was hiding from the truth. The self doubt was always am I mad? What happens when someone finds out?  later it became am I too old to do something about it?   I can pretty much mirror Jackie C's timeline. Thank god World of Warcraft had bald female orcs!
    • LusciousTheLock
      I've also worked crazy hard my whole adult life. A few years back, when I came out to my wife, things were tough and thinking that was the end of our relationship, my wife went back to work after 15yrs (We've got four children). Now things have settled down between us, we've got twice the income coming in and money is not a problem.   Last night I had a callout at 2am for four hours and I sat there in my lorry and questioned. What's the point?  I don't need to do this anymore. I don't need to work my ass off for little reward in a job I hate, working silly hours, phone ringing 24/7, thinking all week about what's happening next week and preparing or worrying about that.   I'm considering giving it all up and doing something I would enjoy. Maybe a Postman / Woman?  I love walking Then have more time for myself, not bringing stress home and yes, cracking on with projects.
    • RhondaS
      Got a little depressed last night...long couple days of work, which means these days alone in a room with an occasional phone talk or email about the work, then get on the internet to see what the news is and some Republican was trying to attach a ban of trans people from sports law to the COVID relief package.    Just decades of denial followed by now months of waiting for more progress to get to a point where people will hate me for what I am the more I present as what I need to be. ugh    
    • RhondaS
      I was worried when I was getting the medical part of the transition started that it was weird that I wasn't having that many doubts, especially compared to the amount of anguish I put myself through to get to that point.    Have found that my results so far have matched Elizabeth's...I feel more connected to the people I've come out to...don't have much interaction with the rest of the world under current conditions. 
    • LusciousTheLock
      Looking good   I love that look.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.