• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

J.K. Rowling: ContraPoints

Ivy

• Admin

That was very entertaining and informative, Jandi.  Thank you for posting it.  I have to admit I'm pretty much done with the whole J.K. Rowling bit, but this was better than most.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

I do enjoy her point of view actually. I just finished watching it myself. I now have bathtub envy though. That thing looks positively decadent.

Hugs!

@Carolyn Marie

@Jackie C.

Totally agree

@Jandi

Many thanks for the link. Loved the entire thing, except for the doll part...that was a weird moment for me. But other than that, it was very fun, enlightening and fascinating close hour and a half video.

Hey, Natalie Wynn! I saw that she had posted in my YouTube feed, but I haven't had a opportunity to watch her video to completion.

I'm not reading the other comments...because, spoilers! XD

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, Jandi said:

It is pretty long, and she is not always "safe for work" as they put it.  But it might be interesting to some.

Thank you, @Jandi It was worth every minute. So much information packed into 90 mins. My wife and I subscribed. We like her style...funny, memorable and on point. As @Mx.Drago points out, the mannequin scene was off the wall but most of her other comedy I enjoyed. 

Thanks again for sharing,

Susan R?

2 hours ago, Susan R said:

@Jandi

@Mx.Drago points out, the mannequin scene was off the wall but most of her other comedy I enjoyed.

Thank you, I don't feel as weird alone in this feeling now.

Though I feel a need to state, Ladies are allowed to be and feel thirsty for intimacy, this is fine... but that part in the video was very unnecessary and not fine. Worse yet, she even made comment on the weirdness of that moment, while in that moment...the only question my brain screamed was "Why...?!"

Guess the joke was on me as she talks bout triggers, mannequins creep me out normally, and the actor Daniel Radcliffe looks like my younger brother, except less latino. ?

I really want to like and love the video cuz other than my own personal issues with it, it was still worth watching... but oh my eyes and head burn still. Made me feel like I need to drinking.

She does have some issues admittedly.  But to be honest, so do I.   
The mannequin is a reference back to an older video.    But like I said, she isn’t really safe.  It is YouTube after all.   

@Ellie Jean Right! Didn't wanna say more cuz I felt I pointed out my major nitpick and didn't wanna be excessive...been working on it. But then again, her having to read through all that content to make almost 90mins break down overview context edutainment vid, I can only imagine.

@Jandi
I understood the warning and to me she honestly managed very well despite the touchiness of the subject. I only had 2 nitpicks, and the only one that got me the most was the one she reflected on while doing it. I never saw her other videos, and there be a thin line between comedy and concerning. Everybody got issues, but guess she drank too much to realize it didn't help her edutainment lesson. Don't drink and make video editing decisions, and also don't reference your own older videos poor choices when you already have doubts bout the acts necessity. She could have just sat there talking with the mannequin instead cuz the real person isn't there and that's the closest in my mind making that part work and probably would have been fun....Por Que?

• Forum Moderator

I enjoy her personality and sense of humor, but I also realize that she's not everyone's cup of tea. I also learned from some friends that she's six-feet tall. That's relevant because of how she fits into her bathtub. Now I want it even more.

I'm so having a sad, inadequate soak once I finish lunch and put the laundry in the drier.

Hugs!

Hmm. (curiously reading everyone's comments and comes across @Ellie Jean's) ???  (considers putting down glass of red wine) (rebelliously takes another sip instead) ??