• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Spring is Coming - What do you look forward to ?

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

We've had a thaw here recently and my therapist had a Spring's Coming sign in her office Wednesday. Got me thinking. What do you look forward to? 

Me I look forward to walks where I can practice my walking skills and practice my voice lessons and maybe finally be identified correctly and not clocked (I haven't been even to a point of having to be clocked but HRT is showing some new changes over the winter - yay!!!)

• Forum Moderator

Being outside where I can hear the birds and feel the wind on my skin.  

Its getting warmer!!!

What I was looking forward to was not having to wear anymore masks, but it seems that the government doesn't want us to stop wearing them.

Aside from the masks, I'm looking forward to all the really pretty spring dresses.

• Forum Moderator

Skirts and sandals. I look forward to resuming my normal walking attire.

Being warm. This one is key. I would like to be warm again please.

Wearing my cool leather jacket outside again. It's lovely, but it it not designed for Michigan in the winter.

Huh. I guess my answer is, "More wardrobe options."

I can safely social distance on my walks though so the mask isn't required.

Hugs!

I like winter, more options to feminise my shape. I am slightly worried about stripping back and being clocked. I do miss the sun though :)

• Forum Moderator

I don't miss the sun. I burn like a magnesium flare. I just miss being warm and having more wardrobe options. I'd like to be able to show off my arms and legs again.

Hugs!

I'm looking forward to getting my motorcycle out and feeling the wind in my face.  Not sure how a mask is going to work with that.

I’m so looking forward to dressing up and going to my favorite snack bar

(karaoke and Awamori). It’s been over a year now, so I’m really anxious to get out. Unfortunately, though, this probably won’t happen until summer. I also miss my GID group. Our last meeting was over a year ago!

• Forum Moderator

Maybe to should take the lead and set up a zoom meeting for your GID 

2 hours ago, Shay said:

Maybe to should take the lead and set up a zoom meeting for your GID 

Yes, I suggested that to the leadership, but that didn’t go over very well. I don’t know why. I probably should have offered to run it, too, but I didn’t. Now that the pandemic is winding down we’ll probably start meeting again.

• Forum Moderator

Just stepping out the door with ought bundling up will be lovely.  This year we won't be blessed with 20 some odd goat kids hopping around the barn.  The herd was purchased last year and is making antibodies for the war on Covid.  By the end of April our new flock of sheep should be established.  Seeing the joy in the livestock as they enter spring pastures is a joy!  As soon as the ice melts on the pond the frogs will sing for love as blue birds and other species built nests everywhere.  Life seems to increase as we all come out to enjoy the warmth.  Of course as an out and about trans person fashion plays into the joy.  Each season has its joy but those first breezes on naked legs are heavenly.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

@Charlize ahh lots of kids....i bet they would make a cute photo to share (hint hint)

Smaller Oil bills. Sorry for the lack of passion but paying the oil man just to shiver here in the Northeast is such a downer. On the plus side, setting spray works really well with the cold.

• Forum Moderator

Warm weather, getting out the bike and just riding. working on the car or truck or something outside. Spring fashions, shorts, skirts, and dresses. actually being able to exercise is one thing too.

Kymmie