• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello all

Tasha Marie

• Forum Moderator

Six word stories is it's own thread. Also, that's only four words. ?

So let me formally welcome you to TransPulse! We're happy to have you. When you're feeling more comfortable, feel free to share something about yourself and join in the discussion as the mood strikes you. We're glad you're here!

Hugs!

Thank you. Since I am very new here I was trying to figure out how to go about all of this.
      Well I am 56 years old MTF I live in Michigan. I am a pilot so not the best job to transition in. I have known my whole life that I was different so like most I did what I had to to survive. I found that if I left the mask on with the gender I was born in versus the gender that I really a.m. is the only way to get by. It has taken me a long time to start to push in the direction of being who I truly am it is hard to Take the mask off that you have worn for so long. So here I am trying to start talking with people like myself gaining some knowledge slowly moving forward.

• Forum Moderator

Transitioning. It's harder for some of us than others. My armor fell off pretty quickly, but I didn't have anything to lose. Well, my spouse and I REALLY should have had a plan B before I came out, but everything's mostly settled down now. There are issues, but we're working on them.

I do feel like I would have really benefitted from an understanding therapist and maybe not internalizing all the homophobia from the 80's. Not much I can do about that now though. I've found transition to be pretty painless and people here have been accepting, but I'm almost in Detroit and sandwiched between Ferndale and Ann Arbor which are both big LGBTQ+ communities.

On the other hand, the couple of times I've been up around Claire to visit my father-in-law... who doesn't know I've transitioned. I mean I present female, use my girl-voice, carry my purse, I have freaking breasts, etc... we just didn't tell him... anyway, the couple of times I've been up there nobody said anything and treated me like a proper woman so who knows?

Again, lovely to meet you and welcome to TransPulse!

Hugs!

Thank you. It is very nice to meet you too. I live in a very small town so it will be an interesting journey. A Couple people know my situation. I am trying to slowly transition as to keep my job to pay for the few debts that I have left and trying to set up a business that I could transition into. I am going to get back with the therapist that I had a couple of years ago and was approved for HRT I was on that for a short time and everything in my life took a crap so I had to step back and reevaluate make some changes and now I am on Track to get back on HRT I have a new Endocrinologist that I have talked to about getting back on HRT but Covid hit and I haven’t pushed yet but I am going to I need to do it soon I have to be moving forward. Backwards stinks 

• Forum Moderator

Hi Tasha Marie,

Welcome to Transpulse! I'm glad you're here!

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf?

• Forum Moderator
18 hours ago, Tasha Marie said:

So here I am trying to start talking with people like myself gaining some knowledge slowly moving forward.

Hello @Tasha Marie it’s a pleasure to meet you.  You’ve come to a very good place to share learn and find others like yourself. I started my transition at this same age. We have that in common plus I’m sure a whole lot of other similar life stories. It’s nice to have you on board here and hope that you will continue to share your journey as it unfolds. It’s a very exciting time in your life and you will be creating some very fond memories that you’ll look back upon for the rest of your life especially the milestones. I wish you the best on your continuing journey and hope to see you around.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

It is exciting and very scary too. I just wish I would have been true to myself so many years ago. I knew who I was. Just scared to live. I had no support system then. I had many gay friends but that’s the point they were gay and I’m trans. I do hate these titles so much. I am a women inside so even though we were very close and they didn’t get me, I was an outsider in the gay community funny how that works isn’t it at least my experience we are all in little groups segregated why can’t we all just be who we are. So. I’m slowly taking the mask down letting my true self hopefully shine through this is going to be a very long long process but it is a process that needs to happen. I thank all of you who listen.