Jump to content
  • Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

    We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Posted today


SheenaT

Recommended Posts

  • Forum Moderator

I looked it up and found that this was likely the part they mis-quoted and proceeded to embellish:

 

"For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb."

 

There is no mention of gender.

 

Here is the whole: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm 139&version=ESV

 

Tracy

 

 

Link to post
  • Forum Moderator
Jackie C.

I am (sarcastically) shocked... shocked I tell you... that someone would misquote the Bible to further a hateful agenda. 🙄

 

Jesus was all about love and acceptance. No hate. Love thy neighbor, all that stuff. It's like they never read their own book.

 

Hugs!

Link to post
8 hours ago, tracy_j said:

I looked it up and found that this was likely the part they mis-quoted and proceeded to embellish:

 

"For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb."

 

There is no mention of gender.

 

Here is the whole: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm 139&version=ESV

 

Tracy

 

 

I see that. I looked it up later thanks. It just confirms the battle I face if I come out.

Link to post
5 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I am (sarcastically) shocked... shocked I tell you... that someone would misquote the Bible to further a hateful agenda. 🙄

 

Jesus was all about love and acceptance. No hate. Love thy neighbor, all that stuff. It's like they never read their own book.

 

Hugs!

🤗

Link to post
  • Forum Moderator

The passage as it is written is quite right:  "For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made"

 

I was wonderfully made as i am.  My gender issues are a beautiful part of that.

As are all of us......even cis folks.  It's not their fault they are cis,  they seem to have been born that way.

😄

 

Hugs,

 

Charlize

 

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Charlize said:

The passage as it is written is quite right:  "For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made"

 

I was wonderfully made as i am.  My gender issues are a beautiful part of that.

As are all of us......even cis folks.  It's not their fault they are cis,  they seem to have been born that way.

😄

 

Hugs,

 

Charlize

 

 

I like that thanks.

Link to post
  • Admin

The Psalter in the Book Of Common Prayer of the Episcopal Church has even a little different view of this much more in our favor,

 

Quote

 

For you yourself created my inmost parts; *
    you knit me together in my mother's womb.
  I will thank you because I am marvelously made; *
    your works are wonderful, and I know it well.

 

 

Like so many poor of heart folks though this was ALL taken out of a beautiful greater context.  Their view is "I am perfect, the rest of the world should be like me I am the ONLY correct human image of G and all the rest are losers."   The Psalm is actually praise of personal discovery of our own identity not just what our body looks like.  Talk about one that blew up in your family member's face when you and friends studied the scripture completely and saw it was praise of your knowing who you are, discovering it and then giving thanks.

Link to post
1 hour ago, VickySGV said:

The Psalter in the Book Of Common Prayer of the Episcopal Church has even a little different view of this much more in our favor,

 

 

Like so many poor of heart folks though this was ALL taken out of a beautiful greater context.  Their view is "I am perfect, the rest of the world should be like me I am the ONLY correct human image of G and all the rest are losers."   The Psalm is actually praise of personal discovery of our own identity not just what our body looks like.  Talk about one that blew up in your family member's face when you and friends studied the scripture completely and saw it was praise of your knowing who you are, discovering it and then giving thanks.

😁

Link to post
AwesomeClaire

I would just reply that, if your "creator" didn't do such a lousy job I would have been "knit" as the right gender in the first place. The creator has a pretty bad track record, given all the health problems that may be present due to birth issues, and cannot be trusted. Also the idea of someone being physically knit together is just gross.

Link to post
Marcie Jensen

Wow. Speaking as a pastor, and yes I'm ordained, I don't even know where to begin in responding to this chain. So. I guess I will start with misinterpretation of Scripture. That is a common thing in today's society--Americans of the late 20th and early 21st century are the most poorly educated regarding content and interpretation of the Bible that this country has ever seen. There are a whole bunch of reasons for this, but it remains a fact.

 

Second, I would like to address the notion that God makes mistakes. He does not. (And I use the term "He" because that's how Jesus referred to Him. It has no gender implications at all. I hope I did not give offense, and if I did, I humbly apologize.) I would suggest the fallen and corrupt nature of this world is the problem. Without going into pettifogging detail, I suggest reading Dietrich Bonhoeffer's commentary on Genesis 3. While originally written in the 1930's, this is still used as a reference in seminaries and is widely regarded as the best understanding of sinful, fallen and the broken nature of this world ever written. Which leads to: BEING TRANSGENDERED IS NOT A SIN. Period.

 

In point of fact, the Psalmist in Psalm 139 is addressing a person's nature; their SOUL, as opposed to their physical body. As for those who interpret this differently, all I can say is Scripture has been interpreted to meet personal ends for millennia. That doesn't make the interpretation correct. (That goes for me as well.)

 

I would add that throughout Jesus' ministry, he was always with the marginalized of his day; lepers, prostitutes and tax collectors. This begs the two-fold question of who are the marginalized of today, and where would Jesus be if he were physically among us right now?

 

I like Sheena's point about the viewpoint of folks who think their view is "perfect and all others are losers." This is the sin of the Pharisees and we all know what happened to them. To underscore what Sheena say, John Calvin in his Institutes of Christianity, points out that humanity is, in his words, "so depraved" that they don't even recognize their sinful nature without the direct intervention of God through the Holy Spirit.

 

Small, and bigoted, minds will be with us always. This is unfortunate and sad, but true. I would suggest that in the 21st century, transpeople are the marginalized and are feared by people who would so misconstrue Scripture. They are to be pitied and prayed for. 

 

Remember that God, however one interprets the Divinity, loves us all. And always will.

Link to post
SheenaT
3 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

Wow. Speaking as a pastor, and yes I'm ordained, I don't even know where to begin in responding to this chain. So. I guess I will start with misinterpretation of Scripture. That is a common thing in today's society--Americans of the late 20th and early 21st century are the most poorly educated regarding content and interpretation of the Bible that this country has ever seen. There are a whole bunch of reasons for this, but it remains a fact.

 

Second, I would like to address the notion that God makes mistakes. He does not. (And I use the term "He" because that's how Jesus referred to Him. It has no gender implications at all. I hope I did not give offense, and if I did, I humbly apologize.) I would suggest the fallen and corrupt nature of this world is the problem. Without going into pettifogging detail, I suggest reading Dietrich Bonhoeffer's commentary on Genesis 3. While originally written in the 1930's, this is still used as a reference in seminaries and is widely regarded as the best understanding of sinful, fallen and the broken nature of this world ever written. Which leads to: BEING TRANSGENDERED IS NOT A SIN. Period.

 

In point of fact, the Psalmist in Psalm 139 is addressing a person's nature; their SOUL, as opposed to their physical body. As for those who interpret this differently, all I can say is Scripture has been interpreted to meet personal ends for millennia. That doesn't make the interpretation correct. (That goes for me as well.)

 

I would add that throughout Jesus' ministry, he was always with the marginalized of his day; lepers, prostitutes and tax collectors. This begs the two-fold question of who are the marginalized of today, and where would Jesus be if he were physically among us right now?

 

I like Sheena's point about the viewpoint of folks who think their view is "perfect and all others are losers." This is the sin of the Pharisees and we all know what happened to them. To underscore what Sheena say, John Calvin in his Institutes of Christianity, points out that humanity is, in his words, "so depraved" that they don't even recognize their sinful nature without the direct intervention of God through the Holy Spirit.

 

Small, and bigoted, minds will be with us always. This is unfortunate and sad, but true. I would suggest that in the 21st century, transpeople are the marginalized and are feared by people who would so misconstrue Scripture. They are to be pitied and prayed for. 

 

Remember that God, however one interprets the Divinity, loves us all. And always will.

I hope He does

Link to post

Love this! Well stated!

Link to post
Confused1
2 hours ago, SheenaT said:

I hope He does

He Does!

 

Hugs,

Mike

Link to post
  • Forum Moderator
Susan R

@Marcie Jensen Very well thought out post with some great points. Thank you for your contribution to this thread.😘

 

Susan R🌷

Link to post
  • Admin
VickySGV

I posted about this abuse of Psalm 139 in two other Trans Spirituality groups I am part of and it has hit the funny bone of about 90% and comes in at 60 people commenting so far.  The number of Trans folks there who have adopted this as a personal favorite, YES Personal Favorite meditations, and at the current rate growing.  Letting your "spiritual advisors" know that they BLEW their socks off with this one just shows how shallow they are in their understanding and how pathetic a group of victims they have become.  @Marcie Jensen has indeed hit the right notes and is in the company of Trans colleagues who do see this for what it is.  Their Verse Bombs have not destroyed YOU, but they have soot on their faces.  I feel sorry for them.

Link to post
KimmieElise
On 3/1/2021 at 1:30 PM, AwesomeClaire said:

I would just reply that, if your "creator" didn't do such a lousy job I would have been "knit" as the right gender in the first place. The creator has a pretty bad track record, given all the health problems that may be present due to birth issues, and cannot be trusted. Also the idea of someone being physically knit together is just gross.

I like to think of things like in the movie the Last Samurai.  The samurai lord is searching for the perfect cherry blossom, but never finds it until he is dying amid a shower of cherry blossoms blown from the trees nearby.  He concludes, "There all perfect."  When asked, I couldn't say the Father put me in the wrong body.  I don't think there is any mistake.  Just God doesn't conform to human expectations all the time.  He had a plan for me being trans.  I am not fully sure what that is yet, but I have some inkling.  I kinda laugh because there are so many people in Christian circles who would reject me and who are being close-minded and unloving.  I think my being trans might have something to do with being the love of Jesus in a form that will totally piss off the "Pharisees" of this world.

 

Biblical Hermeneutics is basically a set of rules used to interpret the Bible.  The Psalms, when written were pretty much song lyrics, and therefor at times figurative.  Hermeneutics recognizes there are different literary styles in the Bible, and interpretation should take into account literary style.  It is not meant to imply the Father literally knit someone together.  It is a word picture.

Link to post
Marcie Jensen

WSell said.

Link to post
SheenaT
21 hours ago, KimmieElise said:

I like to think of things like in the movie the Last Samurai.  The samurai lord is searching for the perfect cherry blossom, but never finds it until he is dying amid a shower of cherry blossoms blown from the trees nearby.  He concludes, "There all perfect."  When asked, I couldn't say the Father put me in the wrong body.  I don't think there is any mistake.  Just God doesn't conform to human expectations all the time.  He had a plan for me being trans.  I am not fully sure what that is yet, but I have some inkling.  I kinda laugh because there are so many people in Christian circles who would reject me and who are being close-minded and unloving.  I think my being trans might have something to do with being the love of Jesus in a form that will totally piss off the "Pharisees" of this world.

 

Biblical Hermeneutics is basically a set of rules used to interpret the Bible.  The Psalms, when written were pretty much song lyrics, and therefor at times figurative.  Hermeneutics recognizes there are different literary styles in the Bible, and interpretation should take into account literary style.  It is not meant to imply the Father literally knit someone together.  It is a word picture.

😁

Link to post
SheenaT
On 2/27/2021 at 10:44 PM, tracy_j said:

I looked it up and found that this was likely the part they mis-quoted and proceeded to embellish:

 

"For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb."

 

There is no mention of gender.

 

Here is the whole: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm 139&version=ESV

 

Tracy

 

 

😉

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 64 Guests (See full list)

    • Beatriz
    • Cyndee
    • ValerieRun
    • Dutchess Penelope
    • Jandi
    • MaryEllen
    • Jackie C.
    • Red_Lauren.
    • Ann W
    • Petra Jane
    • Kasumi63
    • Jodie
    • AwesomeClaire
    • Lain
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Topics With Zero Replies

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      73,681
    • Total Posts
      680,052
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      8,290
    • Most Online
      8,356

    Pat1234
    Newest Member
    Pat1234
    Joined
  • Today's Birthdays

    No users celebrating today
  • Posts

    • Jandi
      I like Carol a lot.
    • AwesomeClaire
      I'm under 50 but still wanted to comment if that is ok. You said you can't bring yourself to talk to your wife about it, what about your daughter? Can you confide in her, and even check in with her to see how the wife would take it? Sometimes getting confirmation from another person that it may work out OK could give you that boost of confidence to approach her about it.
    • AwesomeClaire
      I don't have cleavage, but I have worn shirts for work that showed off quite a bit of chest, no one has said anything so far. As for age appropriate, I'm 37 and pretty much dress like a teenager (I get free clothes from a coworker's daughter when she gets tired of them). I have worn very small tops that show off a lot of chest and tummy, and things like fishnet stockings (not at work but out and about). I really don't think that top you showed is alarming in any way.
    • Jandi
      Sounds interesting.
    • Beatriz
      I liked very much a Chilean film called "Una mujer fantástica" (A fantastic woman, 2017). It's worth watching. Perhaps you can get it dubbed or subtitled in English.   Many Almodóvar movies portray an LGBTQ story or have it as a background. They range from the kitsch / camp to the profound, and they also vary in quality or inspiration, so people may love some and dislike others. If forced to recommend only one, I'd go for "La ley del deseo" (Law of desire, 1987).   Also, I recently watched a documentary called "Bambi" (2013) about Marie-Pierre Pruvot, nicknamed Bambi: a French trans woman born in Argelia who performed as a showgirl in the 50s and 60s and then became a teacher. She tells her story and I liked it very much.
    • ValerieRun
      Even before I began my journey, I was always fascinated by hourglass figure. I was, of course, making up some silly reasons why I would need a waist-trainer ("it helps with weight loss") or corset. With the beginning of transition, it only made sense and became just a natural hope to achieve it. Currently, I can get a fairly good resemblance with steel-boned corset laced up all the way. And I absolutely love the feeling. One additional benefit, it helps with the posture so it is another reason to use it at least around house if you spend plenty of time sitting.   Cannot comment much on the padding, as I was starting with very non-masculine figure waist-down, and new fat redistribution only enhanced those areas to a point where shaping clothes are new reality in my future 🙂
    • Jodie
      Only one i have seen is The Crying Game
    • Willow Farmer
      Facial Team uses a private contractor, a trans woman, who is quite skilled at photo shop.   She tries to only show you what is realistically possible.   They are only interested in removing male puberty damage as much as possible and some aging in my case.  I hope it is OK to mention FT here, they are a wonderful organization.      ---WILLOW---    
    • Shay
      Some films I especially liked The Dress You Have On (YouTube omelleto channel) Normal (2003 with Tom Wilkerson and Jessica lange) The Crying Game Transamerica Zerophilia The Danish girl Call me by your name Hedwig and the angry inch The normal heart My life in pink   Any others you recommend?
    • Jandi
      Harassment seems to be the order of the day.   https://apple.news/AeKPcysdyQeS6bhc95V73lA  
    • Charlize
      Holly that top certainly does push the PG label.  A bit close to X.     I once dressed a bit over the top.  After all i had somehow noticed the women with short skirts  and low tops more than the "plain" ones.  It was also fun at first to excite that glance from men.  Time has lengthened my skirts and yet somehow i feel just as feminine even in dirty jeans and top working the farm.    We all have our styles which makes the world go round.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • MiraM
      Sounds like it may be loosely based around DBT but maybe not as in  depth.
    • Kiera
      😉 lol I am very well liked at work but, problem is, son works there as well and doesn't like talking 'bout "my issue".   Big rigs? Used to drive a '78 "extended hood" KW aerodyne  with a "3408" when cabovers were the standard (55/60' length laws)
    • ValerieRun
      I have a similar style top, also sleeveless but a bit wider should straps, and while it’s on a hanger it does look a bit “adventurous”.  But when I wear it it flows perfectly over the contours of the bra (bra cups needs to be separate enough though). Of course, when you bend over it will hang down and show the bra but it’s inevitable. And you will be tempted to adjust it to a perfect position all the time 🙂 But it is absolutely lovely once you get used to it.
    • KymmieL
      Had an unusual comment from my youngest son. We had gone out for our Friday night dinner out. Our son met us at the restaurant. While we were eating. He comments nice color finger nails. It wasn't a sarcastic comment either.   Kymmie
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.
×
×
  • Create New...