• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

numbnuts gone

Dana Michelle

I had the first round of genital electrolysis back in October, where I had very little pain and barely even felt anything. In my second round in January the pain was about the same as my face and now that I've recently started the third round, the pain is even worse than before. Is it normal for genital electrolysis to get more and more painful each time? I was thinking maybe the difference in pain could the result of not using enough numbing cream, or not spreading it enough, or maybe in certain spots the cream is sitting on top of the public hair and not the skin, or maybe the saran wrap gets messed up and the cream is absorbed by my underwear, or gets moved to the wrong places.

However, last time I taped the saran wrap to a pair of underwear so it stays in place, and I used a lot of cream. I used a full 30g tube 2 hours before my appointment then another 30g tube 1 hour before my appointment. I made sure to spread it around and rubbed the cream around so it would not sit on top of hair. It was still extremely painful. Does anyone have any idea why it could go from painless to excruciating?

I have electrolysis around the base of the penis and the perineum. In the second round, the perineum was less painful than around the penis. So far in the third round, only the hair around the penis has been treated. At my next appointment I will probably have 15 minutes of work done around my penis and 45 minutes on the perineum, so maybe the worst is over for this round.