• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Interesting Event... I Won Something

Guest 71christy09

Guest 71christy09

Ok, you all are probably wondering what this has to do with hair removal. Earlier last week I was browsing local and national websites regarding hair removal. Well one of them had a contest where you could win 3k dollars in sessions, so I signed up. They just called and told me I won a $300 certificate and in order to get it I need to come into their office. So I have an appointment for 9am tomorrow.

Christy

Guest Donna Jean
Ok, you all are probably wondering what this has to do with hair removal. Earlier last week I was browsing local and national websites regarding hair removal. Well one of them had a contest where you could win 3k dollars in sessions, so I signed up. They just called and told me I won a $300 certificate and in order to get it I need to come into their office. So I have an appointment for 9am tomorrow.

Christy

Congratulations, Honey!

To obad you didn't get the big prize, but you got SOMETHING!

Well, go and see what they say...can't hurt...but, don't sign up for anything while you are there...

See how they want to offer you the prize...cash or hair removal!

I'm in electrolysis and I'll tell you that $300 don't go very far!

Check it out, though...

Way to go!

HUGG

Donna Jean

The important part is don't sign up for anything - there should not be any additional sessions attached to the use of a prise - but read all of the fine print (take your microscope)

$300 won't go very far and they should just be counting on getting you started and then coming back when you have to pay for them yourself.

Congratulations on winning!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest 71christy09

Thankyou for the suggestions Donna and Sally they are most appreciated. I half way thought it was some trick to get me in there, but I figured what the heck might as well go check it out.

Guest 71christy09

Ok, I just got back from the consultation. I have to say everyone in there was exceptionaly nice to me and told me not to worry since about 45% of their clientelle is male wishing to do what I want or their back, chest and other body hair. I was pleased with their professionalism, friendlieness and the over all condition of the facility. Since the appoinment was scheduled for when they opened I did not see too many of their clients, but the few who came in were greeted on a first name basis. The company is a nationwide company, American Laser Centers, and they said their office here has been in business for over 11 years.

For 6 treatments of laser removal over a 6 month time frame and a 2 year satisfaction guaranteed program they want a total of $3300.00. However for the month of June all of their services and programs are 35% off and I need to use the $300.00 by then end of the week or it is gone. I was quoted $1950.00 for the program which includes my winnings and I am able to make $200 down payment with $292 due at each 6 of the appointments.

In my research, I have heard the average price for a session is between 300 to 400 or more. I am leaning towards going with them, partialy because it seems like a good deal, partialy because of they way they treat their customers, partly for the proffessionalism I saw and partly because I am extremely impulsive (my last ex hated the mall and Fredericks and Victoria Secrets, my two favorite stores...lol)

That works out to $325 a session and that is within your pricing information - you liked the place, they will let you make payments and you have the discount so it seems OK.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest 71christy09

So this morning was the 1st of 6 treatments, they called me last night and asked if I could come in 15 minutes early for some paper work. I arrived promptly at 945 and barely sat down when they called my name, taking me to a nice little room in the back with a bed that was WAAAYYY too short, lol (I love being tall). She asked me a few more questions which were duplicates of ones in the medical questionare, like i am going to change my answers or something and proceeded to test a little area on my neck. Does this hurt? Can you feel this? All the way up to the highest setting where it was a bit of discomfort. Then she went to town, that is until I had her lower the setting when she got to my chin because it felt like I was nicking myself with a razor over and over :lol:

All in all I was in and out in less then 45 minutes and I was sooo happy when I left. The worse parts for me were my chin and upper lip. My next appointment is july 10th and I cant wait :P

Guest julia_d

Just a FYI from my laser girl..

Apparently top lip etc hurts where there is metal in your teeth behind. I can confirm this as I can taste my fillings afterwards.. especially my pair of large gold crowns.

It does get better.. it seems that a large amount of the pain is related to how many hair roots there are. Obviously I guess because those are the bits which get hot.

Face is one thing.. like a mix of an electric shock plus some heat like sunburn.. the surgical areas are fun.. wait and see ;)

What kind of laser are they using?

Guest 71christy09

According to my paper work, they use their own Amerilight system which uses pulsed, high-intensity light combined with RF energy.

I do not have any metal in my front teeth, but there is some towards the rear. So far my face is feeling fine, but my eyes feel a bit like I got flashed when welding. She did say the lip and chin would hurt the most because that is where most of the hair roots are.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 128 Guests (See full list)

• Jet McCartney
    • Ashley0616
    • MaryEllen
    • missyjo
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • SamC
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

JamesyGreen
    Newest Member
    JamesyGreen

1. Dillon
      Dillon
    2. Kaylee888
      Kaylee888
    3. lily100
      lily100
      (39 years old)
    4. Luce
      Luce
      (44 years old)
    5. Luke.S
      Luke.S
    • Ashley0616
      The trans community won't be good under Trump at all. Biden is the one who has done more for the trans community than any other presidents. Last time Trump was in office he was at an LGBTQ rally and his support went quickly away from us because the majority of the voters are anti trans. He is going to get rid of our rights and also come after the rest of LGBTQ.  I don't know where you heard we would be better under Trump.    Trump unveils sweeping attack on trans rights ahead of 2024 (axios.com)   Trump Promises to Go After Trans People if Re-Elected (vice.com)   Trump promises to ban transgender women from sports if re-elected (nbcnews.com)
    • Sally Stone
      Post 7 “The Pittsburgh Years” When I retired from the Army, we moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania because I had been hired by US Airways to work in their flight training department.  The transition to civilian life was a bit of an adjustment, but I never really looked back.  At the same time, I was excited at the prospect of having more Sally time. But with work and two teenage boys in the house, getting to be Sally was a challenge.    The biggest issue in this regard were my sons, as they didn’t know about my feminine side.  My wife and I discussed, in great detail, whether or not to tell them.  If they had known about Sally, it would have been much easier to actually be Sally when I wanted to.  But I still didn’t know exactly where my transgender journey was going to take me, and this uncertainty was the primary reason my wife and I decided it wasn’t the right time to tell them about Sally.  Except for the convenience it would afford me, we didn’t think it was fair to burdened them with such a sensitive family secret if it wasn’t absolutely necessary.  If at some point things changed and it looked like I might be heading towards transition, my wife and I agreed we would revisit our decision.   Despite having to tiptoe around the boys I was able, with my wife often running interference for me, to significantly increase my girl time.  The nature of my variable work schedule meant that often days off occurred during the week when the boys were in school, and on those days, I took full advantage of the time.  Additionally, I had discovered a new trans friend through a local support group, and my wife, ever and always accommodating, ensured I had time for outings with my new friend.    Willa, my new friend, quickly became my best friend, and after only a short time, she and my wife became quite close as well.  With Willa’s help, I would soon discover that Pittsburgh was a very trans friendly city.  Together, she and I made the town our own.  We attended the theater, the symphony, we went out to dinner regularly, and I think we visited every museum in the city.  With Willa’s support and friendship, I was actually becoming quite the girl about town.    Willa and I had a lot in common.  We loved to shop, we had similar feminine styles, and we had similar views and feelings about being trans.  In fact, our frequent and deep discussions about transgender issues helped me begin to understand my transgender nature.  Having Willa as a springboard for all topics transgender, was probably as effective as regularly visiting a therapist.  I would never discount anyone’s desire to seek professional help, but having an unbiased confidant, can also be an effective method for self-discovery.    Exploring the city as Sally and spending time with Willa was instrumental in helping me understand my transgender nature, and would begin shaping my transgender objective.  My feelings about the kind of girl I was and where I wanted to go began to solidify.  Being out and socializing as Sally in a big city like Pittsburgh, taught me I could express my femininity without issue.  I honestly felt confident I could live my life as a woman; however, remaining completely objective, I just couldn’t see giving up the life I’d built as a man.   At that time, I was being heavily influenced by the concept of the gender binary, which had me thinking I had to choose between being a man or being a woman.  It was Willa who reminded me there were no rules requiring gender identity to be binary.  During one of our deep discussions, she posited the idea of enjoying both genders, something she was doing, and a concept that made a lot of sense to me.  I was already living the life of a part-time woman, so I simply started paying more attention to how that was making me feel.    One characteristic that was dominating my feminine self-expression (and it continues to this day) was that when I was Sally, I was “all in.”  When I became Sally, it was such a complete transformation that I truly felt like a woman.  The feeling was powerful, and if I had to describe it another way, I’d say it was akin to an actor, so into the part, they actually become the character they are portraying.  That was me, and I discovered that this level of depth was extremely fulfilling, and that feeling tended to last long after transitioning back to my male persona.  Part-time womanhood it seemed, was actually working for me.    Eventually, a job change forced me to move away from Pittsburgh, but the enlightenment I experienced while living there has shaped the nature of my bi-gender personality to this day.  Even after leaving, Willa and I remained the best of friends.  We had many more adventures, some of which I will detail in later posts.  Sadly, Willa passed away two-years ago after contracting a prolonged illness.  Her loss was hard to take and I miss her dearly.  However, I have so many fond memories of our times together, and because her support helped shape me, she lives on in my heart.   Hugs,   Sally
    • missyjo
      thank you dear. I'm constantly working at adjusting n writing off other people's judgment or input.   thank you n good luck
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Them's fighting words, but I intend to discuss this respectfully, calmly and so forth, in accordance with the forum rules.   Considering the one issue below in isolation:   There is a political calculus that trans folk may be better off under Trump than under Biden.  The argument goes that Biden has created such a backlash by moving so far to the left that red states, in particular, are reacting with a swarm of laws that negatively impact trans folk.  Some of his actions strike many people as clumsily forcing unwanted regulation on people, and some of his appointments, such as the luggage stealing bigender individual, have not helped advance trans folk but rather the reverse.  In a second term Biden would make things worse for trans folk because of the backlash and resentment his policies would create.    Trump likely would have negative impacts to trans folk, as he did in his first term with respect to the military, so it is a set of tradeoffs as to which is worse.   Thoughts?
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Can you dress androgynously? 
    • Ashley0616
    • Abigail Genevieve
      There are trans folk who pass better than some cis people.  People usually aren't on the lookout for those who are cross dressed.  As long as there are no multiple screaming signals and you don't draw attention to yourself you can probably pass better than you think. For example, if you walk into a bank in heels, however, and you DON'T know how to walk in heels, you will attract the attention of a security guard, especially if you are acting nervous. If you wear flats and just go to the bank and do your business like anyone else, it is likely no one will notice, except that there was a customer who was taller than most women are, but then there are tall women, and tall, broad shouldered woman.  I made the mistake years ago of thinking I had outed such, and knew she was a he.  Later I learned she had five kids, and her husband was bigger than she was.  Ooops.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I don't know much about CNAs.  They report to an RN, right?  Can you somehow bring this up to the RN in a way that does not get your CNA mad at you? I'm not saying you should, but maybe that is a good course of action.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      This is the thing.  A month ago tomorrow is when I stopped wearing m clothing.  Today I feel great.  I do not have dysphoria when I am dressed as and I move as a woman.  I was just thinking about that because I was wondering if I would or will get hit with a wave of "you don't have dysphoria so you might as well dress like a guy. Less hassle with your wife."  Not that she is aware, to my knowledge, that these androgynous clothes are women's.  No desire to "flip", no feeling of need to, just happy identifying as female.  Speaking, in my deep guy voice, with female voice patterns, doing the feminine gestures that come naturally and without exaggeration and at peace.
    • Birdie
      Yes, my brother was born lactating due to absorbing hormones from my mum.    Of course she isn't a nurse, she is a CNA. She should however still have general medical knowledge.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I agree.  But sometimes unethical conduct must still be legal, because the cure would be worse than the disease.  One problem we have today with the internet is the trolls can gang up on someone and destroy them - we see the with school bullying as well.   He was in the Southern Baptist Convention, and maybe he should have moved his church over to say the American Baptists, who might have been able to help him. A Southern Baptist pastor is king in his church, peerless, which means he could not have gone for help in his church.  And he could not have gone for help from any other pastor in the SBC because they likely affirm the SBC statements on these matters.  I think he was stuck.    I read this when it came out in the news.  Very sad situation.  
    • Carolyn Marie
      One organization that I know of that is dedicated to assisting LGBT seniors is SAGE.  They advocate for, and have services for, all LGBT folks, not just trans folk.  You can find their website Here.  I am not sure what, if anything, they have in terms of financial assistance.  I'll let you know if I find anything else.   Carolyn Marie
    • Davie
    • VickySGV
      This was an angle that I was very suspicious of as well, and may be the hook on which the settlement was hung.      Not at all strange especially if they had former patients who moved there that still owed money on their bills or they were buying hospital supplies from a Texas corporation. They may have business licenses in other states as well.  Small loss, but saxeT shot itself in the foot there since the license was a source of income to the state. 
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Nah it's fine, I'm past the point of really blaming them most of the time. I've gotten used to it, and they could be a whole lot worse.   I'm glad you have a good place, though <3
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.