• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Happy Girl Dancing

JustineM

It has been a very busy couple of weeks for me. It started with us FINALLY getting our 2019 tax returns (a week after filing our 2020) started a cascade of returns and stimulus payments. Lots of bills paid, some clothes shopping and other stuff. The clothes included my first dress, a nice jersey sheath dress, and my first swimsuit ?. The biggest news though.... drumroll..... I am officially in possession of a nice letter of recommendation for femme-n-m’s (Shamelessly stolen from @Jackie C.) I just have to wait til June for my endocrinologist appointment. Anyone got a time machine to skip me forward about a month and a half? ??

I would do some more dancing, but this girl is TIRED. Lol

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustineM

• Susan R

• Mmindy

• Jackie C.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is all wonderful news Justine! I wish I had my time machine, but nobody returned it last time I lent it out, so I am kind of having the same issue, just about different stuff. Hopefully you can enjoy wearing your dress and swimsuit, and then your appointment will be here sooner than you know it.

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, JustineM said:

(Shamelessly stolen from @Jackie C.)

That's OK, I shamelessly stole it from an article about nicknames for HRT. I also enjoy tit-tacs and anticisthamines. A month and a half isn't bad at all. The one I initially wanted had a SIX MONTH waiting list. However there was this newer doctor in the same program who practiced about twenty minutes farther away... I went with her and the wait was only a couple months. It's hard, but you've got this.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I also enjoy tit-tacs and anticisthamines.

That is so funny and clever Jackie.  I'd never heard antihistamines before.  I'll definitely pass it on.

Hugs,

Charlize

I can’t remember if I saw it on here or on the Mandalorian Merc forum, someone called them titty skittles. 

More updates

I've been trying to see if I can get an earlier appointment with my endo but so far no luck, can't really go on the waiting list for cancellations because of my work schedule.  Got a gel nail kit ordered, supposed to be here sometime tomorrow.  Also got a new adhesive kit for my breast forms, so far it works great and I can go braless if I want to.  Spent the last couple of days playing "how in the heck does this go together?!" with a couple of exercise machines. But I got them together with only 5 spare parts (jk)

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, JustineM said:

Also got a new adhesive kit for my breast forms, so far it works great and I can go braless if I want to. 

I had just about every breast form made in every material and size way back in the 80’s but I never splurged and bought a pair of those adhesive breast forms. I always wanted to try them but back then there was no internet to get reviews or ask anyone about them. Let us know how you like them. Are you able to jog, run, or go down a stairs and feel them move like the real thing? That’s what I was curious about so many years ago when I first heard they existed.

Susan R?

@Susan R according to the item description it is supposed to be a water proof bond. I just tried going without the bra today and after about 7 hrs they were still 90% attached.  The forms I got were originally adhesive but not very good, basically just enough to stay in place with a bra. I did t try anything crazy (yet) just wanted to see if they really would stay on without a bra. I will let you how they hold up during workouts and such as I try them. 

Forms are the Y-NOT silicone breast forms in Nude-C from Amazon

Adhesive kit is here https://www.glamourboutique.com/buy/breast-forms/breast-form-adhesives/budget-breast-form-adhesive-kit

Well tested the adhesive kit again today, the kit seems to be good if you’re not doing much or if your wearing a bra but not much else. Going down the stairs the forms started coming off. Oh well at least I don’t have to worry about the forms falling out of my bra lol. 

• Forum Moderator

Yeah, mine didn't stick that well either, but I have the same problem with patches so it could just be my skin.

Hugs!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh momma! I am stressed this weekend! Finally got an extended weekend so we went south to Illinois to meet up with family.  Made the drive down today and most of them start coming in tomorrow. Met up with my Mom for dinner, she asked how I was going to be dressed because she “has a problem with me dressing feminine” I was just in jeans and T-shirt so it went ok. Had dinner, some nice conversation but it felt like there was an elephant in the room no one wanted to acknowledge.

Then I had to take both the boys to the bathroom. Apparently while I was gone Mom talked to my wife about my transition. My wife made several points about how much I had hated myself for bottling this all up, how suicidal I had been, and how much happier I’ve been since Justine came out.  She also pointed out that I have made so much improvement that my therapist released me to “as needed” instead of routine appointments. I’m not sure if it helped or not, but Mom seemed a little less tense when I came back. 

As for the rest of the stress, I packed some of my makeup and my transformation accessories. All of my Dads side know about Justine but they haven’t actually seen me as her. So this weekend will be the first time they meet her. I’m nervous as hell but it’s got to happen at some point. 

8 hours ago, JustineM said:

So this weekend will be the first time they meet her. I’m nervous as hell but it’s got to happen at some point.

I am sure this is going to be super nerve wracking. I haven't done this yet with any of my family except my dad so far, and I haven't gone as far as doing makeup yet, so I have only given a taste of it up to this point. I am sure things will work out, however they are meant to happen. Try to just be yourself and enjoy the time. If it becomes too much, just pretend like you feel sick from last nights dinner, and either leave or get out of there to breathe. I am sure you have this.

• Forum Moderator

Good luck!

Hugs!

Well I do believe I can file today under the “success” category. My brother was a little startled to see me as Justine and my niece didn’t quite know what to think, other than that no one really batted an eye. A couple minor questions about name and that was pretty much it. The surprise came at the end when my brother GF came up and offered to connect me with a friend of hers that started MtF transitioning 6 yrs ago. Chatted with her on messenger for a little bit, very nice lady. 

Seems like the more nervous I am about something the better it goes lol.

• Forum Moderator

I am so happy for you Justine. What I would’ve done to see anything remotely close to that from my late father. That is such a wonderful acknowledgment of you! ?

• 3 weeks later...

Well I’m less than a week away from my HRT appointment. Kinda nervous but excited. My wife agreed to go to the appt with me. 

Patience is getting hard to have lol.

• 2 weeks later...

The last couple of days have felt rather surreal, started HRT Tuesday evening. Had the dr appointment at 2, saw him about 2:15, and had the pills in hand by 3:30. 

About the appointment day. Had some interesting experiences, starting with getting hit on by an older woman lol.  I was dressed as Justine in a top, jean skirt and high heels. (This was the first time wearing heels outside of the house) I stopped to get a drink and some cigarettes for my wife and as I’m headed to checkout I hear a rather loud DAMN YOU SEXY! Turn around and it was an older lady. 

Once I got the pills and got home I’ll admit I kinda stared at the bottles for a little bit before taking them. Just kinda reflecting on everything to get to this point. I was kinda disappointed that the boob fairy didn’t come visit immediately lol. I know, I know, it takes time (sigh) 

I’ve already had people commenting on how much calmer and happier I seem. Just affirms to me that this is the right thing for me. Had some trouble sleeping the last couple nights, just putting that down to my body adjusting to the new meds.

Anyway have a wonderful night everyone and Happy Pride Month!

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, JustineM said:

Once I got the pills and got home I’ll admit I kinda stared at the bottles for a little bit before taking them. Just kinda reflecting on everything to get to this point.

LOL, reminds me of my reaction after filling my first prescription. I enjoyed every second while my pills dissolved under my tongue.

I’m very happy for you Justine! Don’t worry though…you’ll see some changes soon enough.

My Best,

Susan R?

• 1 month later...

Wow, a month and a half on hormones already. Seems like I just took the first ones yesterday! Starting to see some breast development, no pain but they are incredibly itchy and sensitive lol. My wife has said that she can see a difference in my face. Definitely feel better mentally and emotionally. 

At work probably half my clients know about me transitioning and have nearly all been extremely supportive. A couple have stated that anyone giving me a hard time in their stores will be kicked out. 

It has been an incredible journey so far and I know it’s just beginning.

Love reading the support you’re receiving. I hope you continue to feel the blessings!