• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are Your goals for post pandemic

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

When we get back to our new normal what do you plan to do? I run what is called a Chautauqua (first person living history portrayals) for my community - people research and dress as a historical person and make a presentation to the audience with Q&A afterward. You find out more about the REAL person and their times. I do this on a donation basis with all monies going to the person making the presentation. Great for kids, families and school age people but majority of audience is elderly so thus won't re-start until safe for them. I also have an opening acting that plays music of the era. This way people learn, have fun with friends, are entertained and if you can't afford it - you are welcome anyway. I consdier it a gift to the community.

Anyway - enough from me - how do you plan to use your new normal?

• Forum Moderator

World domination. The current crop of chuckleheads obviously aren't up to the task. While I'm waiting for the world to reopen, I can work on my space laser. I'll try to warn people before I vaporize any urban centers.

Hugs!

I just recently got my 2nd jab.  I realize this isn't over yet, but I am starting to get out a little.  I made it over to the Dollar Store this morning after the laundromat.  Exciting!

But just getting out to meet a friend for a beer the other day was good.

And we're planning some family camping trips this summer.

I'm hoping to work out of this depressing fog I've been in for the last year.  I have so many projects that need doing around here that I've just been too depressed to start on.

I'm not going to change (or conquer) the world, but just starting to live again will be nice.

1 hour ago, Shay said:

When we get back to our new normal what do you plan to do? 

I like how you call it “our new normal” I am on our COVID-19 Task Force at church tasked with planning safe reopening of our facilities and I still don’t have a firm grasp of what the new normal will be! I do know I will look on the past with nostalgia, even the bad parts, and will be thankful and appreciate every minute of the return to a more public life. The only definite plan I have is to hug all my family and friends dearly that I have been kept apart from.

Virtual hugs until then,

Billie B

• Forum Moderator

As someone who's had serious breathing issues I have kept close to home for the last year.  I am starting to venture out as I've had both doses of the Moderna vaccine, but still being careful.  I long to go out shopping and just walking around stores taking in the wares.  I also want to travel.  I miss that. 

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Like Jani, I would enjoy some more travel as conditions improve, and being cautious, we'll see as the variants cases are on the rise. 

I would like to enjoy an evening at the ball park again , it's been a while now, watching our Mariners play , munching on goodies, and watching a summer sunset there..... Perhaps start seeing move live music and concerts again, we still hold tickets to a "postponed" show.

Hugs

5 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I can work on my space laser. I'll try to warn people before I vaporize any urban centers.

Before vaporizing the urban centers, can you please aim it at my chin first. My Tria appears not to be up to the task!

I am very (like, VERY) similar to @Jani? -- shopping and travel.  Just had my second Moderna vaccination this morning. 

Am going to remain cautious for a few more months to see how things are playing out.   Feel fortunate that home delivery or curbside pickup of groceries are not a problem (well, except that I Really Like food shopping -- I also do the menu planning and cooking, and miss that part of the food scene.  But I've become more accepting of others finding substitute food products on my behalf).

The cautious approach means awhile longer to try on clothes in changing rooms, and seeing what's on the clearance racks (found so many fun, cheap items there!).  I miss that a lot.  Can't wait!

I also feel like I'm in suspended animation with my electrolysis.  Was six months in and was actually enjoying it (am I weird for saying that?) when sessions abruptly stopped. One hidden blessing is that it's given me a year to see the effects my estrogen patches on body hair, and that has changed things a bit.  But I'll look forward to continuing that.

Getting back to travel (especially northern Europe, my favorite destinations) would be soooooooo stress-reducing.  But lots needs to happen on both sides of the Atlantic before that's a reality.

Starting to daydream about all the above.  Time to snap back to reality for now ?...

Astrid

I never really stopped doing what I normally do, just wore a beautiful, rainbow mask.   Most Dr. visits in-person, went shopping, bought take-out from my favorite restaurants to support them.  Was just in Cabelas and ROSS.    Kept my business open, didn't ask for government help.   Went to all my commercial supply businesses where most macho males never wear a mask. Funny thing, heavy industry around here rarely wear masks, but don't seem to have much of a Covid problem.  I proudly went in with my rainbow mask and long braids and a pretty top and bib overalls.   Getting my second shot next week.

What am I going to do next?   I am going to see my Mother.   She is 88yrs young, and has both her shots.   She is 2 states away and I will drive all the beautiful back roads and camp out, maybe Utah red-rock country.   What a beautiful time of year to explore the back country.

I will be glad when this all goes away so our government can focus on other important issues, like better health coverage for trans people.

---WILLOW---

Considering I just went on hormones, and started laser within a week of eachother in December. Just went full time, and got a new job. In July I'm going to the local beauty school to get my nails license, so by the end of the year I'll have a new career. 

If and when this ends. I'll be doing what I'm doing now working. Just saving up money for ops, and a home.

My goal when I get fully vaccinated is to start pushing to get a local LGBTQ+ Social Group up and running. I want a place to get into the community and do fun social things. I think that is something that is missing and is sorely needed, a way to create safe spaces by banding together.

Other things I am looking forward to are comfortably going shopping in our Arts District, eating out with friends, getting together with more friends, and even just going on a vacation at some point. I don't know when I am going to go on vacation or where I am going to go yet, I just know I need a break.

My biggest goal is to finally wear the evening gown I bought for a formal that was cancelled at the beginning of the pandemic.  It is still hanging in my closet, wrapped in plastic.  Wearing that gown will help me, once again, get my glam on.  Can't wait!

• Forum Moderator

I am looking forward to attending local AA meetings where i have many friends.  It gives me a chance to dress up a bit which i've missed while isolated on the farm.  It's not glam but a reason for a bit of makeup and a nice skirt and top.  

Having had my 2nd covid vaccine i'll be off to VA in the dump truck, hauling a horse trailer, to pick up our new flock of sheep.

I'll be wearing a skirt!

There is something great about dressing up a bit while doing "manly" work.

Hugs,

Charlize

1 hour ago, Charlize said:

I am looking forward to attending local AA meetings where i have many friends.  It gives me a chance to dress up a bit which i've missed while isolated on the farm.  It's not glam but a reason for a bit of makeup and a nice skirt and top.  

Having had my 2nd covid vaccine i'll be off to VA in the dump truck, hauling a horse trailer, to pick up our new flock of sheep.

I'll be wearing a skirt!

Hugs,

Charlize

Skirt with pockets and muck boots, yup!

2 hours ago, Charlize said:

I'll be wearing a skirt!

2 hours ago, Willow Farmer said:

Skirt with pockets and muck boots, yup!

For sure.

I feel cheated by the pandemic. I was promised 25% of Britain's population would be wiped out and so was looking forward to more jobs and cheaper houses! I was even willing to sacrifice myself for the sake of the country. What a let down :(

On a serious note. I just want my bloomin face lasered. Oh, and to meet up with friends who have not yet met the new me in person. 

2 hours ago, LusciousTheLock said:

I feel cheated by the pandemic. I was promised 25% of Britain's population would be wiped out and so was looking forward to more jobs and cheaper houses! I was even willing to sacrifice myself for the sake of the country. What a let down :(

I tried the covids. It didnt really fit my style. So decided to get better. Sorry for the let down. I did try to sacrifice myself. ?

So post lockdown: I will be just doing all the things I did Pre lockdown. But with much more tenacity.

It does make me wonder if there ever will be a back to normal and we are being duped?