• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Research: Autistic and Transgender/Gender fluid/Gender variant LOOKING for VOLUNTEERS

JulieLuk

Hello!

My name is Julie and I am from the Czech Republic. In this moment, I am conducting a post-graduate research that looks into autism and gender dysphoria. The first phase of the research showed further evidence of higher level of gender dysphoria in persons with autism in comparison with a neurotypical group. The second phase wants to look deeper into this topic by interviews with real people with real stories.

Who can participate? For the second phase of the research, I am looking for volunteers who were officially diagnosed with autism/Asperger’s syndrome. You must be over 16 years of age and you are transgender, gender fluid, variant or you have simply difficulties with understanding your gender identity.

What would be your task in this study? I would like to have an interview with you about this topic (for example your own gender perception, perception of gender roles, the development of gender identity). The interview will take approximately 45-60 mins (it may vary) and it can be done either via Skype/Meet or via email (I would send you questions and you would write answers).

What more should you know? For the analysis purpose, the interview must be recorded. However, all information will be anonymised and data are going to be used only for the research purpose and recordings will be destroyed after publishing the research. In the published paper there won’t be mentioned a real name and other information that can be sensitive. You can always stop the interview, if you do not feel comfortable.

I would be over the moon if you were a part of this research!

In case you would like to participate or to get more info, please contact me: [email protected] or [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Julie Lukina

• Root Admin

Hello Julie,

Welcome to TransgenderPulse.  There might be a few here who are autistic but offhand, I don't recall who they are. I do wish you well and hope that your study is a success.

MaryEllen

• 2 weeks later...

I could possibly be a very good subject for this.  I had been diagnosed with Asperger's a long time ago, and I am trans. I mean, why else would I be here on this forum.  I have a lot of unique views on the subject as I spent a long time coming to a place where I would be capable of not only discussing who I am but understanding it from apparently opposite brainwaves.

I taught myself how to be normally social through hundreds of thousands of self-analysis and self-work.  I'm finally becoming able to understand professionalism for myself and feel as though I have finally come to a workable space that I can move forward with my life.  I have heard it suggested before that autistic/asperger's individuals seems to have a connection with being trans.

If you want to interview me I would be happy to set up a time, what method are you using for this? A video chat?

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2021 at 2:14 AM, JulieLuk said:

Hello!

My name is Julie and I am from the Czech Republic. In this moment, I am conducting a post-graduate research that looks into autism and gender dysphoria. The first phase of the research showed further evidence of higher level of gender dysphoria in persons with autism in comparison with a neurotypical group. The second phase wants to look deeper into this topic by interviews with real people with real stories.

Who can participate? For the second phase of the research, I am looking for volunteers who were officially diagnosed with autism/Asperger’s syndrome. You must be over 16 years of age and you are transgender, gender fluid, variant or you have simply difficulties with understanding your gender identity.

What would be your task in this study? I would like to have an interview with you about this topic (for example your own gender perception, perception of gender roles, the development of gender identity). The interview will take approximately 45-60 mins (it may vary) and it can be done either via Skype/Meet or via email (I would send you questions and you would write answers).

What more should you know? For the analysis purpose, the interview must be recorded. However, all information will be anonymised and data are going to be used only for the research purpose and recordings will be destroyed after publishing the research. In the published paper there won’t be mentioned a real name and other information that can be sensitive. You can always stop the interview, if you do not feel comfortable.

I would be over the moon if you were a part of this research!

In case you would like to participate or to get more info, please contact me: [email protected] or [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Julie Lukina

I hope that the research may indicate whether the variable under investigation show a "generational increase", from decades past to present.  Based some things that I've read and conversations with a old colleague, I suspect the investigation will show an increase in incidence over time (possibly even geometric?).  

Best wishes in your research endeavors.