• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Fun Friday Fact - hope you respond weekly to give us all a smile

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars album was released on this date in 1972.  That was over half a century ago!  Time flies!

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• miz miranda

• Ivy

• Davie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

The word “summer” originates from the Old English word “sumor”

The word “summer” originates from the Old English word “sumor,” which meant “together” in the original language.The origin of the name may refer to the aggregation of individuals during the warmer months or the concept of everything converging and thriving during the summertime.

• Forum Moderator

In 2016, Mozart sold More CDs than Beyoncé. In October of the same year, the Universal Music Group released a box set commemorating the 225th anniversary of Mozart’s death. Every box set held 200 CDs.   The box has been extremely popular. A New Complete Edition, presenting Mozart’s entire work including every last fragment, in the most authoritative edition ever created. The Edition presents over 240 hours of music, 600 solo performers and ensembles including 60 orchestras and every significant Mozart interpreter of the past 30 years. You can still buy the set on amazon.

• Forum Moderator

The largest ice Cream Scoop Weighed 3,010 Lbs

The largest scoop of ice cream weighed in at 3,010 pounds (1,365 Kg) and was created to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Kemps Dairy in Cedarburg, Wisconsin on June 28, 2014, according to Guinness World Records. It was made of strawberry ice cream and actually contained 733 containers of the delicious pink treat. Thousands of people attending the Cedarburg strawberry festival were able to indulge in a free serving of this gigantic scoop.

• Forum Moderator

No piece of normal-size paper can be folded in half more than seven times. During thinking, we only use about 35% of our brains. A typist's fingers travel 12.6 miles during an average workday. More American workers (18%) call out sick on Friday than any other day of the week.

• Forum Moderator

95% of retired people don't even know its Friday!

3 hours ago, Heather Shay said:

More American workers (18%) call out sick on Friday than any other day of the week.

I'm afraid they are sick of their jobs.

On 6/9/2023 at 11:26 AM, Davie said:

tonewell is a huge historical event, but the transgender women leadership is not so well known. Yay for transgender women! Tell everyone in Texas and Florida. They need to know.

Xactly!

Foxes of many different species can run quickly and have incredible strength and endurance for their size. 

- A red fox can run 31 mph, while a gray fox can reach 42 mph. 

- Red foxes can jump 4 ft high, and climb an 8ft tall chain link fence in 2 seconds. 

- Gray foxes regularly climb trees like cats, and will jump down from 10-12 feet up. 

- An arctic fox was recorded walking 2700 miles from Norway to Canada in 3 months, averaging 30 miles per day. 

Red foxes are also adaptable, and have become the dominant fox species around most of the world.  They have moved into the wild lands of the Arctic, and have become a pest in urban Britain.  In the Southern USA where they have been forced to compete with coyotes, the normally solitary red fox has learned to live in groups and hunt in packs. 

• Forum Moderator

#1 – The First Guitar was Created in Ancient Egypt

Well… in certain faculties it was, despite the fact that the guitar-like instrument made 3,500 years back (that's a vintage guitar!) is a long way from the guitars we play today.
It had a place with an artist of the time known as Har-Mose and was produced using cleaned cedar with a rawhide soundboard, included three strings, and even had a plectrum gadget appended to the instrument by means of horse hair cord. This fascinating guitar treasure is in plain view in the Archeological Museum in Cairo.

#2 – The World's Biggest Functioning Guitar is 13 Meters Long…

The truth is out – the world's biggest guitar, affirmed by the Guinness Book of World Records, is more than 13 meters in length (about 43ft). That is about the length of tour bus! Significantly more impressive, the guitar is more than just a model – it is actually a 100% playable instrument, with each string conveying the right pitch.

The guitar, which was made by the Academy of Science and Technology in Texas, gauged an astounding 2,255lbs (simply over 1,000kgs), took just about a year to assemble, included flying machine link for strings, and was built in the notorious shape of a Gibson Flying V.

#3 The Shortest Guitar is Just 10 Microns!

I mean, I guess you could play it? That's if you have especially tiny and nimble fingers, or are a miniature robot? Chances are, you won't be likely to play this guitar in your lifetime. The instrument comes in at 1/100,000 of a meter long (about the size of a solitary human cell).

Made by analysts at Cornell University in New York, the twofold cutaway style electric guitar even had strings equipped for being strummed (by authority hardware, clearly), in spite of the fact that the frequencies are so high due to the size, they are completely unintelligible to the human ear.

#4 – The Most Expensive Guitar Ever Sold, Cashed Out For A Whopping $2.8million!

The unique Fender made, one-of-a-kind 'Reach Out To Asia' Stratocaster was sold during an auction to raise funds for casualties and victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami.

While the white Strat itself is supposed to have cost Fender around $20,000 to create, the last cost achieved millions because of the one of a kind 'decorations'. These 'decorations' came in the form of signatures spade over the face of the Strat, signatures of guitar icons such as Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Brian May, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour, Jeff Beck, Pete Townsend, Paul McCartney, Sting and Bryan Adams (who imagined the Reach Out to Asia venture), among different legends!

#5 – Gibson Made the Most Luxurious Guitar of All Time

While the Fender Strat we wrote about above was profitable because of the gathering of notorious signatures, in 2015, Gibson divulged a guitar worth almost as much because of the lavish materials used to adorn it.

Working related to adornments architect Aaron Shum, and artist and planner Mark Lui, Gibson's creation – named the 'Eden of Coronet' – is a white SG including in excess of 400 precious stones and consisting of around 1.6kg of 18k gold. Put us down for five of them, lol jks that's a new house right there!

#6 – A Man Once Married His Stratocaster

In 2001 a British performer, Chris Black, fell so frantically infatuated with his red Fender Strat – known by the name 'Brenda the Fenda' – he wedded it, following 35 years of 'dating'. The function was held in a congregation in London and was administered by a companion.

The guitar was actually his second 'spouse', as Chris was likewise wedded to a human lady at the time. Never paying attention to himself as well, Chris stated, 'It was distinctly for a touch of fun, to help brighten individuals up.'

#7 – Ibanez Added the seventh and eighth Strings

While different brands, for example, ESP, have been creating guitars with additional strings, it was Ibanez who turned into the principal brand to mass-produce guitars with both seven strings (presented in 1990) and eight strings (landing in 2007).

Strangely, the 7-string guitar was initially going to have a high A string rather than the low B string we know today. Fortunately – particularly for the universe of metal – it went the correct way!

• Forum Moderator

They play that song at the NC Railroad Museum in Spencer NC.

In the steam days, Spencer was a major shop for the locomotives.  I've always found them fascinating.  One of my earliest memories is the lingering smell of coal smoke while walking the railroad swing bridge across the Hudson at Albany.

• Forum Moderator

Let me preface this fact that I have been asked by two different preachers not to sing. 

IMG_9838.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

Now you've gone and done it Mindy!  The worm is planted.

Hugs,  

Charlize

• Forum Moderator
  • In 1991 Jo Ann Fairbanks became the first American female referee to serve at an international soccer event when she was a lineswoman in the women's qualifying rounds for the North and Central American and Caribbean regional soccer tournament in Haiti.
  • The first women's World Cup was won by the United States soccer team in December 1991.
  • Soccer finally became an Olympic sport in 1996, and the U.S. team won the gold medal. The Americans also took home the silver in Sydney in 2000, losing in overtime in the gold medal game to Norway, 3-2.
  • American star Mia Hamm has more goals in international play than any other woman.
  • In front of 90,185 fans (the largest crowd to ever watch a women's sporting event) at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif. the U.S. women's national soccer team and China played to a 0-0 tie in the final match at the 1999 World Cup. The U.S. won the game and its second World Cup by beating China 5-4 in a penalty kick shootout. Brandi Chastain scored the game-winner for the Americans. Germany took home the honors in the 2003 Women's World Cup.
  • Forum Moderator

Australia is wider than the moon. 

https://www.weareteachers.com/wp-content/uploads/1-37-800x800.jpg

The moon sits at 3,400 kilometers (2,113 miles) in diameter, while Australia’s diameter from east to west is almost 4,000 km (2,485 miles).

https://www.weareteachers.com/wp-content/uploads/7-29-800x800.jpg

Horrendous, tremendous, hazardous, and stupendous.

• Forum Moderator

A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

A shark can blink with both eyes.

• Forum Moderator

The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "It's a Wonderful Life.

• Forum Moderator

https://www.weareteachers.com/wp-content/uploads/21-21-800x800.jpg

In the 1840s, it was considered childish to smile for pictures so it became popular for people to say “prunes” instead of “cheese” in order to keep their mouths taut.