• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you doing for YOU this weekend?

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

I think we all need to keep doing things to build up ourselves and for me it will be practicing my hypnotherapy, enjoying my zoom gathering with my closest trans friends and sharing thoughts on TP.

How about you? Could it be shopping, getting with friends, gaming, telly?

doing some work around the house. went out for dinner on Friday, doing a little online clothes/shoes browsing and maybe buying. Hope to get outside for a walk tomorrow. Nothing too exciting.

• Forum Moderator

I’m visiting a friend who I haven’t seen in a while on my way up North to visit my daughter her family this Sunday. We are having a ‘going away party’ for my SIL who will be deploying soon for six months. It’s going to be a beautiful sunny 75° F today so I’m sure we’ll have BBQ fired up while there.

Susan R?

Well, not much honestly, I haven't felt great lately. I'm watching a movie, hopefully a Star Wars one, with friends tonight on discord. Other than that I may just chill and play Stardew Valley on my Switch and watch shows. I should *probably* do the next chapter in the mindfulness self compassion workbook.

Weekend of chores :(  Wifes working nights, so I'm in charge of the kids. Damn, I wanna kill them. Work is where I go to rest lol.

• Forum Moderator

@AwesomeClaire - hope you are feeling better - just cozy in and enjoy some flicks.

@LusciousTheLock - still you gotta love them kids - maybe think of some fun game to have them do the housework.

@Susan R - Have fun with friend and daughter.

@Jodie - have fun browsing and kick back and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Sadly I am.unable to to do much for Breanna this weekend.  I spent the day moving large heavy lumber for a new deck I will be building soon. I broke 2 nails so fat and almost cried.  When I am done with the deck I WILL be getting a manicure.  for dinner I grilled some chicken.

Tomorrow I will be getting the retest of the wood needed.  Might end up coming out to a friend that will be visiting. 

I am in desperate need of a girls day. 

Exercising. My knee seems to have recovered and I did a full set of weight training exercises today. Another scheduled for tomorrow, although it's arm day, so the knee gets a day off.

Well, I have had some strip steak marinating in a spicy bulgogi marinade for 72 hours and I will be making bulgogi jerky today.  Depending on how I feel, I may also dehydrate some sweet peppers that I got a great deal on ($1.00 for 2# of peppers we couldn't sell at the store because they had a little bruising on them).

Yesterday, I booked a vacation for just my wife and I to Seattle (first time for lots of things there!). After that we met up with a friend to play games together. Today, not sure what I am going to be doing, my wife works, so I might just be chilling out and chatting with people if I can.

• Forum Moderator

Nothing.

This weekend has been all about doing the chores I didn't have time for during the week and supporting my extended family. There was a thing I was going to do with my friends, but nothing came of it so we called it off.

Today is going to be more of the same.

Hugs!

Well, poop.  I just posted what I am doing this weekend in the "coffee's on" thread.  Didn't see this one until after I had already posted there.  So anyway, I did stuff and have more stuff planned today.

• Forum Moderator

The weekend is usually the busiest time for me. Check the car, sort essentials in the garden, visit my mother, have a family get together on Skype with my son and family, do the weekly shop then, after preparing and eating Sunday lunch, crashing out and relaxing lo. It doesn't vary much!

Tracy

Hi All,

My default day or weekend or week these days is always the same.

I work, I repair my damaged apartment, I clean my apartment, I sort stuff,

I clean up. Then I do my work that I love.

But it's not always the best for my spirits so this week I've

pledged to say yes to everything social. That feels good.

And coming to GP is social. So thanks.

Hugs,
Davie

• Forum Moderator

These have been wonderful answers from one and all and I really do read each and am happy for you. @Daviewhat is the work you love after all the cleaning and repairing?

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Davie said:

But it's not always the best for my spirits so this week I've

pledged to say yes to everything social. That feels good.

EVERYTHING social? Come over and rub my back? I'm sore as heck. ?

Hugs!

For me? Lol not this weekend.

Saturday and Sunday are both 12 hour nightshifts followed immediately by five more, 12 hour night shifts ?

Well, I did do a few social things.

But I mostly finished my writing project. Whew! Pooped.

A bit about it is here:

Thanks for all the support,

Davie

• Forum Moderator

@Daviecongratulations - a novel - I tried - I finished first draft - was bad. Would love to read your book when ready.

This weekend I don't have much planned for me actually. We will be seeing a friend in need on Saturday and on Sunday I am seeing my dad prior to me house sitting for him while he goes off to San Antonio. Not sure how I feel about not setting time aside for me, except it is what it is.

• Forum Moderator

I have no specific plans. I want to hit the gym Sunday morning and I need to go to the bank, but that's the beginning and end of it.

Maybe sleep in. Sleeping in would be nice.

An adult conversation would be good too. I need an adult. ?

Hugs!

Was planning on getting my shop tools moved over here on Saturday.   But they're calling for rain, so nope.  But I will drop by my daughter's for a bit.   One of my other daughters will be there (they were going to help with woman-handling the stuff) for a visit.

Outside of that, I'll just try to stay out of trouble.

Well I thought my friday dinner date with a friend would be a good start to the weekend but... I was my usual awkward self, talked weird, I dropped food on myself, spilled water on myself, and she talked about her amazing boyfriend a lot and now I am just sad. I looked in the mirror when I got home and just felt ugly, stuck, and stupid.

• Forum Moderator

@Jackie C. sorry can't help with the adult part.

@AwesomeClaire I'm holding you in my thoughts. I understand so much about looking in the mirror and feeling sad. You are not alone sister.