• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

If I was AMAB enby & I felt a part of my body was too feminine, would that be gender dysphoria?

Kakileli

• Forum Moderator

If you were not making it up - I'd say yes.

• Admin
VickySGV

THE PERSON would have to decide that during sessions with their Gender Therapist.  For some individual, it could be, for another Enby person it may just be a normal feeling of growing up that comes on and disappears as a feeling in a few months or less.  ALL teenagers Cis/Trans/Enby go through periods where their bodies do not look right and give them some form of distress, but if it is actual GD is up to each one and their therapy team to explore, and as I said it is an individual realization.  Also it will not be a single body part likely to do it.  I am in my 70's and my two Cis teenagers are "deathly stressed" about whether their bodies look right, along with their AMAB sister and her stress is not related to her gender.

Kakileli

You seem to have forgotten that not everyone has access to gender therapy. 

• Admin
VickySGV
6 hours ago, Kakileli said:

I have not forgotten that in the least tiny bit, I have been out and in the community longer than you admit to being alive.  My answer stands with the logical conclusion that such people cannot find one single and definitive answer for their lives until they are able to find some form of competent Behavioral Health assistance and medical direction.  We are not medical/Behavioral Health licensed individuals here but as I said many of us have been out 20 or more years.  I am sorry that proper mental health care is not available on demand by ALL people. I have put a good deal of work into changing that situation as others here can attest but it is a work in progress and a work facing some setbacks in current days.  @Carolyn Marie is another one of our staff who is not a licensed therapist but who is on the Board Of Directors of a Trans counseling non-profit corporation that is trying to help improve the situation as well. Without the Behavioral Health training and experience in proper counseling it is just going to be a guess on the part of the person themself and free advice is worth every bit of what you pay for it.  I may be old but I have not forgotten that sort of thing.  For now we must accept the things we cannot change and have the courage to change those things we are able.

• Root Admin
MaryEllen

All of our staff are well experienced in all transgender matters. Please show some respect toward what they have to say.  Vicky's suggestion of seeing a gender therapist is excellent advice.  If your parents are unwilling to permit you seeing a gender therapist, then you'll have to abide by their wishes. Once you turn 18. you'll be able to make your own decisions. I know 5 years is a long time to wait but unless your situation changes, this is something you'll have to do. My advice to you is to stop making an issue of this with your parents. The more you argue with them, the more grief you'll get back.  If in your own mind you know what gender you are, then it doesn't matter what others think.

MaryEllen

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 67 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • Samantha2020
    • Jocelyn
    • Drake
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Melissa Mazurek
    Newest Member
    Melissa Mazurek

1. JamieL
      JamieL
    2. Jenny
      Jenny
      (68 years old)
    3. scout517
      scout517
      (51 years old)
    • Drake
      Trigger Warning: Mention of suicide, description of means (please do not read this if you are not in a good place)   So, I've been sorting through a lot of trauma that has happened in my life. A lot of this stuff I've already dealt with, but it's the stuff you can't talk about that kills you.   When I was 17 years old, I was raped.   When I was 23 years old, I discovered my brother's suicide in the basement.   I grew up with religious oppression and queer trauma, blah, blah, blah.   The blissful thing about these things is that I'm allowed to be upset about them, at least in the LGBTQ community. They were much easier to deal with than things I can't talk about, things that weren't supposed to bother me. It's the silence that kills you.   I recently lost my girlfriend, my house, and my dog all in one day. Through a very abrupt misunderstanding, I came home one day and found all my things packed. She has since changed the locks on the doors of the place I used to call home. I at least got the dog back.   Aside from that very disruptive day, other stuff happened while I lived there that I can't really talk about. Stuff that I'm not allowed to be upset by because it's unreasonable.   Bad breakups are one of those things nobody wants to hear about. It's a great opportunity to brush off whatever someone's going through because they "brought it upon themselves." It's one of those things you're not allowed to talk about, because nobody wants to listen.   Something happened while I lived there that I can't forget, that really shook me to my core, especially when it comes to relationships. It changed my whole perspective of the world. I had disturbing flashbacks of what I saw for a while, nausea, the feeling of a cold knife digging into my chest. Then this absurd panic and white hot rage began to surround the whole issue and everything pertaining to it, even stuff that just reminded me. It became a very deep source of anger and despair for me. It came back to me weeks and months afterwards and I had these low-key panic attacks that turned into explosive rage after a while.   This, of course, ended things with my girlfriend. The breakup was sad, but dealing with this new, broken world I discovered as a result of my relationship with her is what kills me. The ability to look out the window and hate everyone and everything, because this sickness pervades everything. I think about how much I hate this new world that I don't even want to live in it. But I'm not supposed to be upset, mind you.   I'm supposed to be chill. I'm cool. It's all good.   After my last fight with my ex girlfriend (where I did some things I'm not proud of) I drove around the places I used to live with her, the neighborhoods we used to go through, and I found the perfect blind curve to lay down in. A blind curve in a winding, country road that everyone drove too fast through. I layed down on the road for a few minutes, and it was very peaceful. When a car finally did drive by, I got too scared, and I figured laying down in the road is a pretty humiliating way to die. So I got up and I drove down to a bridge. I parked the car and I went and sat down on the bridge railing, watching the water and all that. I wanted to jump, but a part of me was scared I wouldn't die, that I would just break my legs and be stuck down there. I also read somewhere that it takes 4 minutes to die from jumping to your death. I didn't wanna lay there in agony for 4 minutes. I finally left because my best friend had been begging me to just come to her house, and I figured that was better than staring at water that I was too scared to jump in.   I haven't told anyone what happened that night, but everyone was freaking out trying to find me. I got careless, and now some of my self-inflicted injuries are showing.   I still have some plastic bags and duct tape in my bedroom, where I may try to suffocate myself still. I read you will pass out after 7 minutes without oxygen, and after 20 you will die. I have enough drugs and booze in my room to where I think I can deal with 7 minutes in a bag. The option is still there.   I don't know what went wrong with me. I just wasn't equipped for people like my ex or what happened while I lived with her. I became a person I didn't recognize, and I can honestly say that I am still very sad I live in this world. Yes, I want to be able to transition and date whoever I like, but not if the world is like this...
    • swallow
      Thanks Jackie. Singing is a great pursuit I am going to ramp up (Hopefully it won't garner too much complains...my daughter is super critical...but lucky she's away in college)😬   I wonder how it was when you first used your feminine voice in public, did you have someone along for encouragement, did you try it out on someone close before hand?   I thought using it (these days with a mask on) at the supermarket in short anonymous interactions would do the trick particularly since they consistently Mam or Miss me first but I'm just tongue tied when that happens and revert immediately back to 'male' voice even after I practised (for ten minutes) before hand sitting in the parked car before entering the market.   Often to get to tone, I speak in a 'mock Thai'...don't ask me why I don't speak Thai but it somehow gets me to the right tone.   Then all for nought when moment of truth.   Its a complete mental block.🙄    
    • swallow
      Many thanks for response.🙏   Great to know others have walked the same path.   Its hyper ironic bc I've had to do very Male real world work from Military service to Film production (although these days these arenas are more equitable domain and open to women as well...so I view myself as secretly a woman in the field)   I never had an issue embracing the male aspect but it never really sat at ease with me either.   I was trained to Special Forces level fitness in the Military but despite that, I was always still slim and feminine (attracted UNDUE attention of a number of the senior Sergeants...that aspect of 'manhood'  a whole different kettle of fish altogether)🤐   As I went through life, I never really 'Masculinized' terribly much. Not much body hair (recent years one hair each sprouted on my elbows and feet dunno why...I pulled them out and they've never grown back)🤔. I wondered if maybe I felt feminine because I looked feminine (hence my quib about being a reverse Transgender)...   But my earliest memories have been about being female.   The starkest one is my earliest dream (My spouse thought maybe its a leftover memory...she was a Buddhist). I seem to have it etched in my mind sitting in a small village on a cliff overlooking the ocean, as an old woman. It was as if I walked up the path to the house and sat down waiting for something (My death?)   Then later when growing up age 3, I remembered I used to be teased by my younger Aunts. They would ask me to show my penis to prove I was a boy. Was I doing anything to have them question it? I didn't really know what they meant by "are you a girl or a boy?" then either...I just answered that I was "a boy?"...🤔   Of course I don't remember much else of that young age but I was often puzzled why I had this ridiculous protuberance in Kindergarten when the 'girls' did not and could wear the Ballerina outfits.   As I grew up, I was happy with male pursuits. Fancied military stuff, loved team sport...   But the reality check came when I was actually in Service. Somehow the fantasy of Military did not match the reality of life with a bunch of men.   Having to get naked with them in the shared shower was deep down inside extremely difficult (I always waited to be the last) Then the smells one had to endure was alien to me (I never smelt quite the same as them)...there was an awful lot of testosterone and then the keeping up the Bravado (both hilarious and tiring)...probably why knee jerk I revert to a 'booming' voice as a survival/compensation mechanism...   The worse was having to stay unwashed in the field for days on end with things growing on you. Urgh. It was just not for me.   I was never as I mentioned terribly girly but there is that deep core that bothered me. Married with the less Masculine outward appearance... I had to pretend not to like (BC I like being pretty), I ambled along for years.   My Spouse I suppose brought balance to  me for a while. She was pretty and in some ways she said I treated her as if she was my doll bc she was never into dressing up much and I bought her the clothes (which she liked). She was my opposite since she was into figuring how to assemble hardware/furniture where I'd give up too easily. She liked model Aeroplanes etc, we were I suppose both feminine and masculine...I guess we balanced each other out.🥺   But now she's gone and I suppose I am again rebalancing to where I was heading before her in terms of Masculine/Feminine energy and the Feminine is getting stronger and stronger.                  
    • Elizabeth Star
      I didn’t feel like spending time on outfit today. Just jeans and a t-shirt.   
    • Danni B.
      Thanks, nice to meet you.  Glad to find this group, lots of caring, friendly individuals here 🥰💙💜🤍💜💙
    • Taylor_The_Human
      Well I haven't actually told her I'm trans yet, just lesbian but that was last year. It's been maybe a bit over a year I've been trans without her knowing. I have a journal, but I come here more often so I can get advice. Also, in fear that she may find it. I could try to talk to a counselor if I return in person back to school. But, I'm afraid of doing so since last time the counselors at my middle school told people everything. I'm in high school now but I'm afraid this may happen again.. I don't know much people who will accept it although, I did have some friends but they drifted away and found new friends to replace me. Next year I may try to get a passport and see if I could travel to another country (even for a bit) and meet some friends without my mom knowing they accept that stuff. 🤫 Thanks for your advice I'll try to use it the best I can.   
    • Carolyn Marie
      Some of the reasons cited above I'm sure are valid, but i also know that there has always been a "gender premium" on many goods and services, and often for no good reason.  For example, dry cleaning, even for easy things like slacks or shirts, are more expensive for women's clothes than for men's.  The price of a haircut, same.  I know that studies and surveys have documented these variations based on gender.  Some states have tried to reign in such price gouging, but I'm not sure how successful those laws are.   Carolyn Marie
    • Sabine
      Taylor, it sounds a lot like your Mother is fearful. The reactions of anger and aggression are ways for her to try to distance herself from the conversation (it is a type of emotional unavailability). Jandi is really accurate in her view that cis-gender people really can't fundamentally seem to understand us. It may not be super helpful to try to tell your Mom about your dysphoric feelings and such, as she may simply shut down and make you both suffer. (NOT intentionally!) You have done your "job" by telling her and being open, AND you must know: none of this can ever (and will never) be "your fault!" You can not cause happiness or sadness in anyone but yourself! Maybe your mom will come to terms with you or maybe she will not, but if you need to vent, it may be best to do it on this forum or even in your own journal. It seems weird to "vent to yourself" but just getting the words out, whether outloud or in writing seems to really help! Can you talk to a therapist at school or somehow in your community? Your age may be your advantage here (use it!). Good luck S.
    • Mmindy
      That's great @Danni B. it's great to meet you.   Best wishes, stay positive, and safe   Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • Taylor_The_Human
      I can kind of understand how she could be worried since I may experience threats or bullying. She doesn't seem comfortable with me growing up. It seems she doesn't like me around people who have more privileges like going out alone or shopping alone. I hope she'll accept me in the future or believe that I'll be ok. I still want her apart of my life since she's always been there for me I hope she could sort of grow to understand me though. Yeah, I think that she sees it like that too. Like "I thought you were my daughter. Who are you now? Have you never been my child..?" I wrote several pages explaining that I get that viewpoint but that I'm still me just with a different look kind of? (that's when I was planning to tell her I was trans). Like your daughter's still here but now she's your son. I never gave her the paper though. When I wanted to it was always a bad time. So, it got lost in her car. Either that or she found it and dumped it so I'd think I lost it to avoid a situation where she'd be upset with who I was and me witnessing it. 😕 I still love my mom and I suppose if I must portray the act of a girl to make her happy then I guess I'll just have to learn to accept that. 😞
    • Danni B.
      I visited the Asheville area a couple years ago. Beautiful area lots of cute shops with great artwork.  I'll have to visit the area in the fall sometime I bet it's lovely 
    • Danni B.
      10 min daily planks.  Hopefully you'll get back to swimming sometime.  I picked up running just before my 40th.  I ran in high school but injured my knee and picked up smoking.  I can understand about swimming, I love to swim as well but nervous about being in public in a swimsuit right now.
    • Confused1
      Thank you for your prayers Mindy. The surgery gave me everything I hoped for, from no more internal pain to an improved  exterior. All I need now is a little more time to finish healing. I am also glad Aurora is doing so well.   Hugs, Mike
    • Mary Jane
      well my parents wasn't accepting when i first came out and i think trying now i think i understand their view because it might be like "who have you been then?" to them, but we're really still just us 
    • Jandi
      I think she may just be worried about you - not necessarily in a hostile way. As a parent of grown children, it's not easy to watch them grow up and into themselves.  As a parent you have to let it happen and realize that they are their own person, with their own life.  And it will be different than yours was. I'm not sure that any of us "have it together" as much as we want to believe. And I'm not sure a cis person can really understand what it's like for us.  We just have to try to love each other and do the best we can with what we have.   Probably not much help for you at the moment though.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.