• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

GCS scheduled!

Emily Michele

Finally have my surgery scheduled for July 12... 10 weeks from today! I have had waves of euphoria just thinking about it!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Emily Michele said:

Finally have my surgery scheduled for July 12... 10 weeks from today! I have had waves of euphoria just thinking about it!

Wow, this is wonderful news! I’m so happy for you. I can imagine some of those thoughts your experiencing now. The surgery date makes it all feel so real doesn’t it? Now it’s prep time, girl. You’ve only got ten weeks and that’s going to fly by very fast!!

Best Wishes,

Susan R?

The only part I’m not looking forward to is  the colon prep... all the rest, no fear, all excitement!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Emily Michele said:

The only part I’m not looking forward to is  the colon prep... all the rest, no fear, all excitement!

I have my colonoscopy this week so I get what your saying. I’m on the required low fiber diet right now but have a covid test on Weds., the dreadful colon prep all day Thursday and Friday is my procedure.

Then it happens all over again in June when I have my last surgery. Not fun but a necessary thing. Good luck with your procedure.

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Emily.  As to the prep, consider it part of the process.  It will be over and you'll be in surgery before you know it.

Hugs, 

Jani

Congratulations! Girl, just the view the colon prep as the least of your worries. So exciting!

• Forum Moderator

@Emily Michele. PS as the veteran of 10 colonoscopies.... Colon prep ain't a big deal especially today much easier than decades ago. The urban myths seem to persist but it really is not bad.

• 1 month later...

Only a month away now! Also, my moon went through a colon prep and it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Not pleasant but not horrible

• Forum Moderator

I am very glad for you then. I was pretty sure the prep last time turned my inside out. ?

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

@Emily Michele I am so happy for you. I've done the colonoscopy prep nearly 10 times in my life and it isn't bad at all. I guess most people dread the unknown.

Hugs

Heather

• Forum Moderator

Emily Michele you must be happy and scared at the same time.  Take a deep breath.  The month will disappear and the prep will soar by.  All of the things i have feared have been easier than my mind had anticipated.  

Hugs,

Charlize