• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

WWOLP

Sally

WWOLP

By Sally Michelle Jackson

That's a name that isn't commonly known

But for those who do it elicits a groan

When you see that it means you did something wrong

Not something simple like forgetting the words of a song

No this is major a disaster of sorts

She'll cast a spell to give you warts

The name isn't a name but really a title instead

The bearer holds a great power over your head

She the Wicked Witch Of Laura's Playground

Is really one of the sweetest people around

It is her duty to keep our site safe and clean

Only in the line of duty she appears to be mean

We have young people who have had a rough time

They shouldn't be bothered or pestered while on line

Don't cross that line the results are quite frightening

Did I forget to tell you that she controls lightening

This kindest of ladies with a heart so good

Doing that job that no one else would

Taking the abuse and facing all of the rage

That everyone uses when forced in a cage

I take the time to tell you that you are my friend

Because you are and I love you and now to that end

The next time you feel that it is all too much

I'll make us some cookies and cocoa and such

We'll sit and talk and no one will bother

Two friends who look out for each other

MaryEllen, I want you to notice the shape - it is a lovely urn!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest ~Brenda~

Sally,

You are on a creative roll!! This poem made me think about how much I love Laura, MaryEllen, and Petra Jane, and I realized that they do so much for us without asking for anything in return. They may be the Admins, but they are still only human beings. I guess what I am saying is as we are all here for each other we are also here for our beloved Admins. I just wanted to say to Laura, MaryEllen, and Petra Jane, if you ever need anything, just ask. We are here for you too.

Thanks Sally

bernii

Guest Evan_J
Sally,

You are on a creative roll!! This poem made me think about how much I love Laura, MaryEllen, and Petra Jane, and I realized that they do so much for us without asking for anything in return. They may be the Admins, but they are still only human beings. I guess what I am saying is as we are all here for each other we are also here for our beloved Admins. I just wanted to say to Laura, MaryEllen, and Petra Jane, if you ever need anything, just ask. We are here for you too.

Thanks Sally

bernii

Exactly ;)
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 92 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • Jandi
    • Davie
    • MetaLicious
    • Benji C
    • Delcina B
    • Shay
    • KayC
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

geri
    Newest Member
    geri

1. Luca
      Luca
      (25 years old)
    • Delcina B
      Solly, I'm glad you found the forum. I've found it to be a wonderful place full of caring people who share their experience, give advice & support, & accept me just as I am. I think you will find it so as well. This gender journey isn't a race, so you can take all the time you need, relax & breathe. Where we fit on the gender spectrum is where we find we feel comfortable, some are fluid & don't fix themselves with a specific label. It's all up to you.   Welcome! Delcina
    • Shay
      @Willow those are legitimate gripes and I concur. Wish people would respect others differences and not try to find humor where it's not.
    • Willow
      Good morning everyone.  Rain predicted for here in the top of Virginia today and tomorrow.   I have a question for ya’ll.  I get offended by some things which I feel are taking a shot at us.  For example, a joke on Facebook showed a fat dog and the caption was “I identify as trans slim”.  Or I don’t like female impersonators.  They are nothing like us yet they were allowed to advertise their show on on a transgender only secret website.  Am I overly sensitive?  Is it wrong to feel these sorts of things are offensive to me?  Let me know what you think.   @Elizabeth Star I was a Jack! Now Jill of all trades.  Made furniture, repaired the house and car, replaced a roof, you name it ive probably done it.  But I’m getting older and muscle mass is lessened.  My last project was definitely not up to my standard so I’m done.  Giving my stationery power tools to my son.  Gave away or sold a lot of stuff during our move out.  And will likely have more to deal with after we move in to our new place.  And my eyesight, very frustrating and upsetting when I can’t see clearly.  Nothing is ever at the correct focal distance.     let me know if I’m being overly sensitive with things I think are slaps at us.   Willow  
    • Shay
      @Elizabeth Star now that you have experience how about doing my and Cyndee's doors ?
    • Elizabeth Star
      I would be so mad if I broke a nail working on this stuff. I could hire someone to do the work but since I know what's involved I have trouble trusting other people's quality.
    • TiredAndScared
      Thank you all of course. I will get over it.  It's just that it's still a pain when it happens. That sounds kinda heartless but well....   to be brutally  honest.... that wasn't my dad anymore the last few years. It's his body of course.  But not him.. It was that, with every visit, he was a little bit more gone... So we already kinda said goodbye to him during the last 5 years or so. He could't recognize anyone anymore and couldn't do anything anymore..  For him it's sort of a good thing i guess....  He wouldn't want to be kept alive like this... Most things are already arranged by now... Cards have been picked and texts have been chosen. Dad is brought home in a coffin and ... what is the English term?...  laid out? (that sounds weird google translate) Just he's now presentable for anyone who wants to say goodbye. But it will be a week before he will get cremated. Mom still has her ankle operation going on tomorrow. So i have to get up early to bring her to the hospital.   Today i remembered something my dad thought me while i was a kid... Forgotten it for the longest time but .... He once told me:   "i don't care what you do with your life, be a president or a garbage collector. Just be happy with what you do" Not sure how old i was... somewhere between 10~12 years or something? I should keep that teaching in my life...  I know he mend it for my work career but i should apply it to my whole life...   Anyways,  for now i'm going to chill a bit. Woke up at 04am and with everything that happend i got a bit tired. 
    • Kris-Boston
      Just a link.  But being informed is best and real sources .  Its not an easy read ,for most . I was a  science major .   nejm.org   The New England Journal of Medicine: Research & Review Articles on Disease & Clinical Practice (nejm.org)
    • Bri2020
      Liz you're a jill of all trades it seems! I'm done with that kinda stuff.  I know how to fix most things, but I started pawning tht out to contractors about 7 years ago.  I used my back issues as the excuse but in reality, I just don't want to do all the "fix it up" stuff anymore. (especially after a manicure haha).  I think people have also started changing their expectations of me as well.  People use to come to me for help with all the "manly trades" but no one in the last year has except to borrow a tool or something.  My neighbor didn't even ask for my help building his deck (I've built 20 by now) even though I offered to help back before my transition.  We used to help each other with things like that. It's not like he isn't comfortable with my transition, he and his wife have been amazingly supportive and his Oklahoma courtesies of "Yes Ma'am" never fail to tickle me but he is definitely not going to ask a woman for help with carpentry. haha I find myself slipping into my feminine stereotypes more and more and I like it . 
    • Kris-Boston
      More of the news had a DR Zoom appointment Friday,  something in the New England Journal of Medicine  and from the research from Israel.  While no vaccine is 100 percent effective , its the non vaccinated who are at risk .   More of sources where to look .  While less of a personal touch I like the DR Zoom as no need to drive or take the T or pay to park near Fenway .  
    • Elizabeth Star
      On yesterday's episode of: A woman's Work is Never Done.   On my way how from work mt partner called to let me know her mother bought us a new back door. The original door was very old, beat up and had almost zero insulation value. We knew it had to be replaced, I just didn't want to do it "right now". I got home just in time to take five-er before there was knock on the door. In walks my MIL, FIL and BIL. Before I knew it, I was tearing out the old door. The door faces West and we're on a hill so I spent the next 5 hours roasting in the afternoon sun. Thankfully I didn't have all the trim that's needed so I was able to call it quits after the door was and frame were mounted. Plan is to get the final trim work done this morning and then back to cutting up the trees I dropped last weekend.   For you amusement I included a picture, my partner took, of me while I was working and of the newly installed door.    
    • Bri2020
      @Niamh looking cute as always! @Emily MicheleAdorable!  I'm glad to hear you're healing well. You must be on top of the world!
    • Bri2020
      Congrats on starting the new chapter with your wife and daughter! I agree with your sentiments. Also, the longer you hide something from significant people in your life, the percentage chance of keeping it all together go down. I understood that when I finally accepted who I was, I couldn't keep that from my wife for long. Don't be surprised if however, things get more challenging for you two.  Talk to each other, opening up about the loss and well as the joy of living your true self.  She might be really supportive right now but then go through the stages of grief like denial, anger, bargaining etc.  GET a couples counselor to help you all navigate the change now instead of waiting for some crisis to develop. Good luck!  
    • Shay
      @LaurenA I agree with @Jackie C. you are doing amazing considering what you've had to deal with and I'm proud of you. Just wanted to let you know that.
    • Davie
      @TiredAndScared So sorry to hear that. Endings are always sad no matter what. Take time to sit with it, let go, and to take care of yourself. The best tribute is to live a life you love and that brings you happiness. That's what has helped me get through similar situations. We're here for you. 🙏 Davie
    • Petra Jane
      Also, top of the page, Live Chat
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.