• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

do you remember - the first item of clothing you ought AFTER you came out?

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

This might be a memory stretcher but I remember buying a dress I'd had my sees on and a sweater and ladies jeans.

• Admin

I think it was just a 10 pack of Hanes underwear!  I had so much stuff on hand it had to be something simple like that.

• Forum Moderator

@VickySGV I totally understand - actually I got rid of all the "ultra-fem" clothes and started buying REAL every day girls clothes.

Got a sleeveless tank top for sitting out on the deck during the first summer of Covid. 

• Forum Moderator

Selection of discontinued tops and bottoms from Amazon. Most of them didn't work out because I was still figuring out my sizing (and realizing it didn't matter). My paw-print cold-shoulder top came from that batch.

Hugs!

Absolutely - I got this dress from Amazon, the first dress I ever bought for myself. I had bought dresses for my wife and underwear for myself prior to coming out, but this was my first that I bought on 10 November 2019 and I still wear it from time to time. It means so much to me and when it no longer fits or if it gets too worn it will be tucked away somewhere as a special memory.

SAM_8979.jpg

This is a hard one.  Coming out was a process for me.  I think it was probably a dress among other things I got at a goodwill while shopping with my ex. (I was out to her)

I also ordered an outfit online from sears.  Later a mouse chewed a hole in the skirt.  It pissed me off, it is still one of my favorites.

Previous to that I had been picking up some cami tops at the K mart (in guy mode) and ran into a lady I knew at the checkout.  She gave me a funny look, I just shrugged.

• Forum Moderator

@Niamh lovely dress - I like it...

@Jackie C. I certainly know the drill on sizing - several misfires but finally figured it out and loving every minute of it now. I buy at Walmart and Good will whenever I can because even with Prime it still costs more to buy on line.

2 hours ago, Shay said:

I certainly know the drill on sizing - several misfires but finally figured it out…

The first skirt I got at the local goodwill. (I wasn't out)  I found a pair of guy pants in my size and sneakily compared the waist size mentally with the skirts.  I got lucky that time.  Of course I was terrified the whole time.  I could pretend that it wasn't for me - maybe I'd be believed.  LOL

I bought lots of crap that got thrown away soon after purchase. Took me ages to work out my size as my top half is four sizes bigger than my bottom half. Its the broad shoulders you see :)  (But lovely legs though haha). I'm guessing my first item that I enjoyed wearing and looked / felt good were some skinny Jeans. I never cross-dressed before explaining / accepting my mental state and exploring the idea of being Trans with my wife.

Hearing that news about not needing masks anywhere if fully vaccinated the same dang day I received more pressure to 'voluntarily' return to the office makes it seem like this dream of doing the same job I've had for decade or two in a much more pleasant and humane way is coming to an end. 

"How was your quarantine?"

"Great, my egg cracked!"

"Your what what?"

(apologies to all who wish they had the luxury of working from home and to those who had to and rather they didn't)

Posted that in the wrong thread, but at some point I'll have to consider posting the first thing I wear to work in this thread!

• Forum Moderator

@RhondaS glad you made a mistake. Might have missed the edge crack

4 hours ago, RhondaS said:

Hearing that news about not needing masks anywhere if fully vaccinated the same dang day I received more pressure to 'voluntarily' return to the office makes it seem like this dream of doing the same job I've had for decade or two in a much more pleasant and humane way is coming to an end. 

"Great, my egg cracked!"

"Your what what?"

(apologies to all who wish they had the luxury of working from home and to those who had to and rather they didn't)

• Forum Moderator

Darn phone @RhondaS love the egg crack the what what part. Lol thanks.

6 hours ago, RhondaS said:

"Great, my egg cracked!"

"Your what what?"

LOL