• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi, I'm Natalie

Natalie71645

Hi everyone.  I'm Natalie.  I joined a couple of weeks ago but haven't had a chance to post till now.  I'm a transgendered woman, and a lesbian.  I'm 36 years old, and have been on Estradiol, and Spironolactone for a bit over 5 months now.  I have a bachelors degree in music, and a master's degree in music therapy.  I'm working as a nurse assistant right now, but plan to take the music therapy national exam soon, though it's been 10 years since I graduated the program.  Mental health reasons have kept me from working in my field of study all of these years.  I have a 3 year old son, and a 13 year old stepdaughter from my x's first marriage.  I'm separated, and soon to be divorced from my wife.  My life feels so messed up right now.  I'm on good terms with my x, but am mad at her at the same time.  For years she was emotionally abusive, but different as night and day once we separated.  At the time, first she told me she wanted to be polyamorus with her new girlfriend and I, then she wanted to take a break, and then she wanted to separate.  I had wanted to leave her for years, but never had the strength to, and then when she says it's over, then suddenly it's over.  I'm so tired, and just want to rest, but I can't because I have a son, and a stepdaughter to support, who both have special needs.  I've been liking how the HRT makes me feel, like I'm more at home in my body.  I like how people interact with me since I've been completely out.  I started a new job where no one even knows my dead name, and everyone accepts me as a woman, and that's saying something when you're working with elderly people with various levels of dementia, who misgender cisgender people all the time.  Any way I'm still trying to navigate my life as a transgendered woman, and I'm happy to be a part of this community.  

Thanks everyone,

Natalie

• Admin

Welcome to the Forums Natalie, you are going to fit in with the group very well.  We speak Trans quite well here and what you have mentioned above is pretty much the case for a lot of members.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Natalie71645 said:

I'm happy to be a part of this community.

And we’re happy that you found us, @Natalie71645. So many of us have lost loved ones when coming out as our authentic selves. You will find many here that will relate. It’s hard enough to get through the loss of losing a loved one but having to transition simultaneously makes it even more difficult. We are here to support and ally with you on your journey. You’ll likely make new friends here that can ease you along. It gets easier with time and a little effort. Thanks for reaching out..it’s nice to have you here.?

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

Hi Natalie, pleased to meet you. My experience was similar in many ways, but I was 39 when my wife left me, her leaving was what opened up Pandoras box and led me down this path as I tried to figure out who I was. Just keep being you as from your statement people already like the new and genuine you :) 

• Forum Moderator

@Natalie71645 I'm so glad you found us and you will find so many new friends here. Speaking of music there are a lot of talented ladies here and some of us even write and record together via Dropbox. You are not alone in so many ways and I look forward to you being here.

11 hours ago, Natalie71645 said:

Hi everyone.  I'm Natalie.  I joined a couple of weeks ago but haven't had a chance to post till now.  I'm a transgendered woman, and a lesbian.  I'm 36 years old, and have been on Estradiol, and Spironolactone for a bit over 5 months now.  I have a bachelors degree in music, and a master's degree in music therapy.  I'm working as a nurse assistant right now, but plan to take the music therapy national exam soon, though it's been 10 years since I graduated the program.  Mental health reasons have kept me from working in my field of study all of these years.  I have a 3 year old son, and a 13 year old stepdaughter from my x's first marriage.  I'm separated, and soon to be divorced from my wife.  My life feels so messed up right now.  I'm on good terms with my x, but am mad at her at the same time.  For years she was emotionally abusive, but different as night and day once we separated.  At the time, first she told me she wanted to be polyamorus with her new girlfriend and I, then she wanted to take a break, and then she wanted to separate.  I had wanted to leave her for years, but never had the strength to, and then when she says it's over, then suddenly it's over.  I'm so tired, and just want to rest, but I can't because I have a son, and a stepdaughter to support, who both have special needs.  I've been liking how the HRT makes me feel, like I'm more at home in my body.  I like how people interact with me since I've been completely out.  I started a new job where no one even knows my dead name, and everyone accepts me as a woman, and that's saying something when you're working with elderly people with various levels of dementia, who misgender cisgender people all the time.  Any way I'm still trying to navigate my life as a transgendered woman, and I'm happy to be a part of this community.  

Thanks everyone,

Natalie

Welcome. At least you are moving forward as difficult as it may be. 

Hi Natalie!

I did a ton of music activities in mem care and nsg homes .

Even got "misgendered"  (read as female) a few times when I was acting very manly and doing a johnny cash set!!! 

Started really feeling like I was a woman masquerading as a man...

Good luck with what you do forward..

Welcome