• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Your bra

Denise savulski

Have any of you girls gotten to the point that you 18 hour bra left after 8 hours and you can't wait to get home to take it off like all my cis girlfriends tell me.  And there are some days they really don't want to wear them but they usually  do.  I'm just wondering. 

• Forum Moderator

I'm still in the honeymoon stage of HRT (almost 11 months) where actually having something real that's mine that I can actually put IN a bra feels wonderful and wearing one is a pleasure not a drudgery.

I can certainly get by without it.  I do like to have the extra layer cause, headlights and all.  But if I'm home all day, particularly when it's hot, I'll skip it.  It does help with the silhouette though.

• Forum Moderator

Actually i rather enjoy my "headlights" and being a perky young thing i'm not all that fond of bras.

Hugs,

Charlize

An A cup is a little too big for me so I don't bother wearing them. When I have worn them, they feel good for the first few minutes, then they are just annoying after that.

Sports bras, jog bras, I wear them every day except when I sleep. The padded kind add some support and protection from the ouchies. I find them very comfortable though I’m a 35 aaaaa.

My cheap one, yeah I can't wait to get it off when I get home. The nicer one, I forget I'm wearing. I noticed that if I look close enough, even with a bra and a top (thin top) I'm still poking through a little so I always wear one when I'm out. My sports bra has hooks in the back that I find almost impossible to reach.

12 hours ago, Denise savulski said:

Have any of you girls gotten to the point that you 18 hour bra left after 8 hours and you can't wait to get home to take it off like all my cis girlfriends tell me.  And there are some days they really don't want to wear them but they usually  do.  I'm just wondering. 

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

My cheap one, yeah I can't wait to get it off when I get home. The nicer one, I forget I'm wearing.

Oh, yes.  I've become very much aware of small things, like an extra-thick seam in the center back of one of my sports bras, that bothers me as the day progresses.  

By the way, have any of you heard of or had experience with Pepper, who specializes in bras for small boobs?  Some of their bras look like a good fit for me...

https://www.wearpepper.com/

Best,

Astrid

2 hours ago, Astrid said:

Oh, yes.  I've become very much aware of small things, like an extra-thick seam in the center back of one of my sports bras, that bothers me as the day progresses.  

By the way, have any of you heard of or had experience with Pepper, who specializes in bras for small boobs?  Some of their bras look like a good fit for me...

https://www.wearpepper.com/

Best,

Astrid

I looked a Peppers reviews and comments and, despite the advertising, don’t offer bras for larger 40+ chest sizes. I looked on their website to confirm a few months ago. Maybe they added the bigger sizes since then.

1 hour ago, Erica Gabriel said:

I looked a Peppers reviews and comments and, despite the advertising, don’t offer bras for larger 40+ chest sizes

Good to know.  My band size is 36, so fortunately not an issue for me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

• Kelly2509
    • Jamie68
    • Shay
    • Erica Gabriel
    • ClarkDiesInside
    • MetaLicious
    • Astrid
    • Charlize
    • KathyLauren
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Sofie
    Newest Member
    Sofie

1. JennaLSinclair
      JennaLSinclair
    2. MadelineWilco
      MadelineWilco
      (17 years old)
    3. Scramble4231
      Scramble4231
    • Kelly2509
      I go through all this before you wake up....   one of my favorite tunes ever.
    • Shay
      Sorry you suffered these pains. Glad you are facing and dealing and adding great poetry as well.
    • Kelly2509
      I'm pretty scared too and surgery is not high on my "want to do" list     Honestly I am hoping to just let everything atrophy and that'll get it close to nothing, not sure if that's even a possibility though.
    • KathyLauren
      I went with a "no cavity" vaginoplasty, a.k.a. "zero depth", a.k.a. vulvoplasty, etc.  It is not actually zero depth: I have a dimple about 3/4 of an inch deep where a vagina would be, so it doesn't look too weird on a quick glance.   I knew that there was no chance that I would ever want a penis anywhere near me (I find them, and often their owners, repulsive), so I had no need for a vagina.  Yes, girls sometimes play with toys, but my wife and I don't have much libido left, and she was never into toys.   With no compelling reason to have a vagina, I could not see any reason to put up with months of full-time dilation, years of daily dilation, and a lifetime of ongoing dilation.   I have no regrets about that decision.  What the surgeon gave me looks quite realistic.  It would require a very close inspection to see that it was not a cisgender vulva.    I have other issues with ongoing pain and discomfort that make me question the wisdom of having GCS at all.  But that is not related to the full-depth versus shallow-depth decision.  On the whole, I am glad I had it, and I am very happy with my decision on the type of surgery.  Mine is just a b***h to live with.  So be sure you really want it before going ahead.
    • neo3000
      my favorite artist ever. Bjork.  She calms me down when I'm feeling unwell.
    • Davie
      I'm feeling this song today—it takes me into the heavens. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - 1983... (A Merman I Should Turn to Be)  
    • Kelly2509
      @Ahsoka23 Sometimes you just need to have those conversations, even if they seem impossible.  If everyone keeps their mouth shut things will just fester and turn into resentment.  Last year I came out to my wife and gave her way too much information all at once and it made everything way harder than it needed to be.  Here's my best advice for an early discussion from having to go through a very similar things with my wife, kids and close family within the last year:   First, Sit down and figure out what needs to be said right now.  Don't look way into the future at things like possible surgeries, or anything like that.  What do you need right now and maybe in the next couple months.  Write it down, read it and revise it as you wrap your head around it.  This will help you get your points clear in your head and allow you to not get off into the weeds later.  This becomes something resembling an agenda for when you actually talk.  It's not a script, it's just a list of talking points to help you stay on task.   Second, schedule a time to talk about it.  Don't ambush her in the kitchen or on the couch, don't spring it on her after dinner.  Tell her you need to talk about this and would like to set a specific day and time to discuss it.  Maybe even say I need you for 1 hour or 30 minutes or whatever.  Keep the time limit reasonable, you can always talk again later.  You might even suggest she put together a short list of things she needs to talk about as well so it is more of a 2 way street.   Third, when you do get together stick to your "agenda" and try not to get off into the weeds.  During those early conversations keep things simple and don't get into heavy details.  Do your best not to get defensive, stay calm and let her speak if she has things to say (this is hard, but hang in there).  If either of you starts getting really upset, find a way to wrap things up and revisit topics later.  You don't want either of you to be upset during one of these conversations because people can lash out when upset in ways that are hard to take back later.   In my case, eventually we had a weekly conversation scheduled for the first few months so we could stay on top of things. Before taking these steps most of our "conversations" were really just fights and things were said that I think both of us regretted eventually.  I gave her way too much information about certain things way too soon and that got her worried about a lot of stuff that honestly are still way in the future if they even happen at all.  Plus despite all the evidence of my gender issues "leaking through" that I presented during those initial conversations she was surprised by the whole thing and felt blindsided by it, much like how you described your wife.  Eventually I learned to read the room a bit better so when I finally came out to my parents for example, I knew better than to give them too many details all at once so even though I was telling them I was trans and generally what that meant, I waited to worry about things like pronouns, preferred name, etc. until they had time to let the first big picture stuff sink in.   None of this is to say things are perfect with my partner, but things have gotten better because we took the time to talk.  Communication is key, but sometimes you have to have those difficult conversations and it can help to plan those conversations out rather than drop it on someone unexpectedly.
    • DeeDee
      Honestly Ahsoka, your best bet is to get in touch with your closest GIC as soon as possible and/or look for a counsellor who has training dealing with the LGBT+ community. (when I started questioning I chose someone who offered online meetings) That way you can be heard and discuss your thoughts and feelings and then possibly find a way to move forwards with your partner too. The NHS is free but incredibly slow, so you will be waiting for a long time regardless of what happens in the next few years.
    • Shay
      @MiraM I can relate to running on auto-pilot. For some reason I found something I like to do and that helped. I just wanted to be blanked out and did anything I could just to fill in time before sleeping and doing it all over again. Finally facing my frankness and doing something about it has helped me and deciding to be as active on TP has given me purpose. I know that just being you've accepted yourself and have made progress with self shows. I learned I got to love myself first and then I have love to give. I wish you well and wish I could give you a big hug in person. Heather
    • Kelly2509
      you voiced a lot of my issues that I wish I had the language to describe!   Your definition of intimacy is very much how mine has become post-coming out/HRT and it's what I hope my partner comes around to (again, she has her own baggage to work through) because those are the kinds of things I need now (and why it's not something to handle on my own).  Intimacy does not have to equal sex, which is something i know my partner struggles to separate.   Anyway, that description was beautiful and I hope your partner comes to appreciate those moments as much as you do.
    • Bri2020
      congrats on a successful trip! Funny how we come back from vacations totally toast. lol. Rest up.
    • Ahsoka23
      That's a great idea, thank you   Unfortunately leaving is probably not possible. My wife has several mental and physical issues and I am basically her carer. I don't think she would last long if there wasn't someone here to check on her. The other reason is we have a young son who would be devastated if we spilt up. And on top of all that there's the fact that I love her very much and don't see my life without her.   I also reckon our 4 cats wouldnt be too happy either lol
    • Nora
      I'd suggest writing a couple of letters to her. In the first letter, explain as eloquently and professionally as you can that there's been something weighing on your mind for a long time, and you feel it's important for the two of you to have a calm, serious discussion about it, but that you aren't quite ready to yet; you just wanted to let her know that something has been up with you that's difficult to talk about. Let her mull some things over in her head for a couple of days; assure her that it isn't anything illegal or immoral; just uncomfortable to talk about, but that you still love her and feel she deserves to know. (Or whatever lol.) Then write her the second letter. In the second letter, explain to her how exactly you are feeling, and the journey you've taken to the conclusions that you have reached, what you feel you need to do about it, and things she could do to help support you if she could find it in her heart to accept and hopefully understand you. ....And if she reacts negatively to THAT approach, then you deserve SO MUCH better than her, and you should totally make a run for it, leaving her alone to stir her cauldron while cackling wickedly before flying around on her broomstick lmao.   
    • Nora
      Oh, and are there different kinds of partials?  Ideally, I'd rather have a vaginal canal, but from what all I've read online about current methods, I'd be too terrified of the increased risks and complications and daily dilation. I'm currently asexual; I'm not interested in sex of any kind with anybody. But I also know that I haven't always been asexual, and I might not be in the future either, so I'd really LIKE a vaginal canal, so if there's like some new technique being done that mitigates the risks and doesn't require dilation, I'd definitely wanna go with that. Part of me wants to wait for whatever magical technology needs to be discovered before that can happen...but at the same time, I really don't want to wait until I'm middle-aged, so I'm really leaning towards partial vaginoplasty sooner rather than later and crossing my fingers in hopes that perhaps in the future they can construct a vaginal canal that doesn't have any risk of sealing itself shut. That really terrifies me lmao. And I SUCK at self-management enough as it is; I'd TOTALLY find a way to screw it up somehow LOL. 😂
    • Ahsoka23
      Like I say we don't even talk about it. It's like it never happened. I know that's not healthy but bringing it back up seems impossible.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.