• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Your bra

Denise savulski

Have any of you girls gotten to the point that you 18 hour bra left after 8 hours and you can't wait to get home to take it off like all my cis girlfriends tell me.  And there are some days they really don't want to wear them but they usually  do.  I'm just wondering. 

• Forum Moderator

I'm still in the honeymoon stage of HRT (almost 11 months) where actually having something real that's mine that I can actually put IN a bra feels wonderful and wearing one is a pleasure not a drudgery.

I can certainly get by without it.  I do like to have the extra layer cause, headlights and all.  But if I'm home all day, particularly when it's hot, I'll skip it.  It does help with the silhouette though.

• Forum Moderator

Actually i rather enjoy my "headlights" and being a perky young thing i'm not all that fond of bras.

Hugs,

Charlize

An A cup is a little too big for me so I don't bother wearing them. When I have worn them, they feel good for the first few minutes, then they are just annoying after that.

Sports bras, jog bras, I wear them every day except when I sleep. The padded kind add some support and protection from the ouchies. I find them very comfortable though I’m a 35 aaaaa.

My cheap one, yeah I can't wait to get it off when I get home. The nicer one, I forget I'm wearing. I noticed that if I look close enough, even with a bra and a top (thin top) I'm still poking through a little so I always wear one when I'm out. My sports bra has hooks in the back that I find almost impossible to reach.

12 hours ago, Denise savulski said:

Have any of you girls gotten to the point that you 18 hour bra left after 8 hours and you can't wait to get home to take it off like all my cis girlfriends tell me.  And there are some days they really don't want to wear them but they usually  do.  I'm just wondering. 

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

My cheap one, yeah I can't wait to get it off when I get home. The nicer one, I forget I'm wearing.

Oh, yes.  I've become very much aware of small things, like an extra-thick seam in the center back of one of my sports bras, that bothers me as the day progresses.  

By the way, have any of you heard of or had experience with Pepper, who specializes in bras for small boobs?  Some of their bras look like a good fit for me...

https://www.wearpepper.com/

Best,

Astrid

2 hours ago, Astrid said:

Oh, yes.  I've become very much aware of small things, like an extra-thick seam in the center back of one of my sports bras, that bothers me as the day progresses.  

By the way, have any of you heard of or had experience with Pepper, who specializes in bras for small boobs?  Some of their bras look like a good fit for me...

https://www.wearpepper.com/

Best,

Astrid

I looked a Peppers reviews and comments and, despite the advertising, don’t offer bras for larger 40+ chest sizes. I looked on their website to confirm a few months ago. Maybe they added the bigger sizes since then.

1 hour ago, Erica Gabriel said:

I looked a Peppers reviews and comments and, despite the advertising, don’t offer bras for larger 40+ chest sizes

Good to know.  My band size is 36, so fortunately not an issue for me.