• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Protests Erupt Over Trans Woman Disrobing in L.a. Spa

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/561496-protestors-clash-in-la-over-transgender-woman-disrobing-in-spa

The law may be on the side of the trans woman, but common sense should have prevailed.  That said, I haven't seen or read any interviews with the trans woman in question, so her side of the story is absent.

Carolyn Marie

2 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

The law may be on the side of the trans woman, but common sense should have prevailed. 

Yeah, this.  

I'm not afraid to be seen, but there doesn't seem to be any good in stirring up unnecessary trouble.  Personally, I prefer to stay under the radar.

• Forum Moderator

Yeah, I've seen the video in question, but no details about what actually happened.

Personally, before I went into any woman's space, I made sure that I wasn't going to offend anybody. That meant no women's spaces before GCS. I just wouldn't do that to my sisters. Technically allowed, but not something my inner voices would let me do.

Tragically, I agree with the basics of both sides. Don't discriminate gets a point and so does women don't need to see a penis they didn't ask for.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Rule #1: match your conduct to your presentation.  I didn't start using women's washrooms until I was presenting as convincingly female.  When you are naked, your presentation is what kind of junk you've got.  Not that the opportunity came up, but I wouldn't have gone naked in woman-only spaces until after my GCS.

It hurts us all when people don't use common sense.

I honestly believe the whole thing is a setup. It's my understanding girls with bottom dysphoria do not in any way shape or form, flaunt their penis. The majority of the rest of us tape it up, gaff it up, whatever it takes because god forbid, the bulge shows.

There is something fishy about this. There has got to be an anti trans group behind this somehow.  Heck, maybe even the spa i dare say.  

• Forum Moderator

That is... actually an excellent point. Tape it up, cover it up, try all sorts of weird things to keep it hidden...

Yeah, there is no way I ever would have disrobed in a public space like that. I was nervous enough about using the occasional toilet and those things have three walls and a door that locks.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Yeah, there is no way I ever would have disrobed in a public space like that. I was nervous enough about using the occasional toilet and those things have three walls and a door that locks.

Same.

That's something I have my own issues with.  My daughter says I would pass well enough, but… 

I have used bathrooms, but I'm very careful about when and where and who's around.

It wasn't me.?

Enough dysphoria to not be so 'brazen' if I was not fully convincing.?

But details missing, maybe she was convincing enough?

I have enough trouble going to people's houses dressed. 4th of July was interesting at my daughter's friends house. I wasn't in a crop top this time but I had a collarless overall with feminine cut and long trailing belt, bling around the neck...

I think I kept the conversation very entertaining from get go that outfit was not a distraction☺️

Bathrooms, I always make a note where the Public Library is since they have restrooms for family. Of course that was when my children were younger.?

Otherwise I've cultivated an iron bladder. 4 hour drive tomorrow going north. San Francisco anyone??

• Admin
8 hours ago, MelanieTamara said:

I honestly believe the whole thing is a setup.

I have read several accounts of this and by now I am close to certain that an actual Trans woman was NOT involved, and the purported "Trans Allies" were not actually Trans supporters but were posing that way to make our Los  Angeles Trans community look like gangsters.  If they had been supporters from the community I am deeply a part of their uniforms for the protest would have been much different, and noise would have been as far as it went.  Along the lines that Left wing Terrorists involved in the January 6th Capitol riot masqueraded as Right wing conservatives.  I would have been asked by our actual activist team here to take part as I have before, but no information at all.  I know the corner where this took place and am not convinced it was a legitimate event.  None of the actual security cameras picked up an identifiable person Trans or otherwise who was alleged to be the exhibitionist Trans. 

I noticed the people dressed as “antifa”.   It did seem strange.   

9 hours ago, VickySGV said:

I have read several accounts of this and by now I am close to certain that an actual Trans woman was NOT involved, and the purported "Trans Allies" were not actually Trans supporters but were posing that way to make our Los  Angeles Trans community look like gangsters.

9 hours ago, VickySGV said:

I would have been asked by our actual activist team here to take part as I have before, but no information at all.  I know the corner where this took place and am not convinced it was a legitimate event.  None of the actual security cameras picked up an identifiable person Trans or otherwise who was alleged to be the exhibitionist Trans. 

Whoa, all of this has national implications. Do you think your local chapter would issue a press release? Or, is the best policy to let this whole thing blow over?

I am almost certain all the "bathroom bill" anti-trans candidates will be using the spa footage in all their campaign commercials. It would be nice to be able to throw water on their fire and label them as pushing "fake news."

• Admin
2 hours ago, MelanieTamara said:

Do you think your local chapter would issue a press release? Or, is the best policy to let this whole thing blow over?

There is no "chapter" and no hard and fast organization to get together and do that.  That is why the thing is so suspicious to me. 

• Admin

This analysis is detailed enough in tracking this incident from its beginnings that I will give it credence.  Even we can somethings be unduly critical of our own.  No where have the found a Trans woman actually "exhibiting herself, but there was a clash of folks on this one.  The Spa is a place where nude bathing takes place and the sight of naked human bodies of all types is to be expected.  There are still critics of Michelangelo's David Statue which is of a male nude and treasured art.  Another point I do not see answered is where people under 18 would have been present, anyone else who knows the L.A. City Health and Licensing Code for this kind of a place, please comment.  The only ones I know of are 18+ only. This is in Korea Town and customs may also bear a factor here that I do not know about.  I got the link from people helping Brynn Tannehill (a very reliable Trans activist) on the history of anti Trans  "Set ups" in the past.

https://transsafety.network/posts/wispa-protest/?fbclid=IwAR0DogmmiFQgMaf2VSo_yMI7Vru_W3L5Cdhs1V3liQf4NqRdWQIa1fpjrOk

• Admin

This stuff is getting confusing and convoluted.  Hopefully it will just die out of its own accord.

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

The L.A. Times editorial board has seen fit to weigh in on this, thankfully taking a measured and principled stand.  But the paper hasn't dug deep to ferret out the truth of what happened, at least not yet.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-07-06/editorial-transgender-spa-customers-have-the-same-rights-as-everyone-else

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I had time today to drive over into Los Angeles to actually look at the place, the area has changed pretty drastically since I worked a few blocks west of its location 25 years ago. It is now in an area a block west of the Los Angeles City Housing Authority HQ. The sidewalks around the Spa have become camping grounds for a large number of Homeless people who were evicted from two city parks close to the neighborhood. Their shelters are only about 20 feet from the main doorways of the place, and as was suggested by another person I have spoken with, it may be the only place some of them have to actually get clean. Many of the Street People are having mental issues that make their social judgment pretty bad. some of them do make poor attempts at cross dressing or simply using whatever clothing they have at hand. I actually saw one person in a skirt about a block away that my Trans radar said was a male off in his own world of reality and was a type that could have been the basis for this story. Let’s face it, the entire neighborhood stank from unwashed humans and other things about humans. I wanted to have an angry cry at what I saw and now have a better picture of it based on work experience as a field civil law enforcement investigator for over 30 years.  I think the problem has been misdirected at Trans people and more fairly and squarely belongs on the mental health and housing issues that need to be overcome than strictly Trans ones. I hope the LAPD adds the factors I saw in any final report here. 

It seems that we, as a society, could do better.  If our society is collapsing, it has little to do with the LGBT community.

Well, its starting to like the spa incident was faked.

Alleged Trans incident at upscale LA Spa may have been staged

"There is increasing doubt among law enforcement and staff at the Wi Spa whether there was ever was a transgender person there to begin with. Anonymous sources within the LAPD tell the Blade they have been unable to find any corroborating evidence that there was a transgender person present on that day."

From The Blade

It is sad that these groups make fighting "evil" appear far more exciting and heroic than doing good.

Robin.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, MelanieTamara said:

Well, its starting to like the spa incident was faked.

Alleged Trans incident at upscale LA Spa may have been staged

"There is increasing doubt among law enforcement and staff at the Wi Spa whether there was ever was a transgender person there to begin with. Anonymous sources within the LAPD tell the Blade they have been unable to find any corroborating evidence that there was a transgender person present on that day."

From The Blade

I am shocked.  Shocked! ?

No, I'm not. ?  I have thought this all along.  Just like all the alleged bathroom incidents have turned out to be faked.  No transgender woman would put herself in that position.  No cisgender pervert would go to the trouble of faking being transgender.  When these incidents happen, it is always street theatre, for the purpose of generating hatred against us.  ??

2 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

I am shocked.  Shocked! ?

No, I'm not. ?  I have thought this all along.  Just like all the alleged bathroom incidents have turned out to be faked.  No transgender woman would put herself in that position.  No cisgender pervert would go to the trouble of faking being transgender.  When these incidents happen, it is always street theatre, for the purpose of generating hatred against us.  ??

@KathyLauren

I was like you it just seemed to be a setup since know one ever showed a picture or video of the person but she was so eager to get in the face of the poor desk clerk. What is so sad is know one in the media will cover the true story and the damage has been done.

1 hour ago, Billie75B said:

What is so sad is know one in the media will cover the true story and the damage has been done.

This.