• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Revry - 'Queer TV'

Heather Nicole

I don't know how well known this is, but a few months ago I stumbled across Revry, one of those smart tv channels/apps/whatever. Y'know, like Hulu/Netflix/etc., but just less well-known. (I don't know exactly what platforms it's on, but my TV is Roku, so I know it's at least on Roku.)

I've been hooked on this channel ever since. It has all kinds of shows that are either about lgbtq+, or just lgbtq+ inclusive, or lgbtq+ produced, and it has a lot of trans representation too. It's sooo comfy to see so much inclusive, accepting stuff in one place.

Some of my personal favorites on Revry so far (in no order):

- Between The Lines (an interview documentary on lgbtq+)

- Them (short interview documentary on the variety of trans)

- To Be Me (short movie about a young black non-binary struggling with gender questioning)

- To Be Me Panel Discussion (a behind the scenes discussion about the making of To Be Me)

- Saturday Church (short musical about an amab youth struggling with gender)

- She 4 me (Music video of a lesbian wedding - such a beautiful song and imagery - brought tears for me)

- Gal Pals (hilarious, adorable, young lesbian rom-com series.  Plus I'm a total sucker for gal-gal love stories :wub:)

- The Q Agenda (an lgbtq+ talk show)

- Her Story (short series about a young trans woman)

- XXY (older foreign movie about a young intersex person)

- Femme (short comedic film about an effeminate young gay man learning to "own" his "femme" tendancies)

- Denial (documentary about both green energy and a trans woman's coming out, and ties the two together brilliantly)

- Magic H8 Ball (short rom-rom about a gay man and a very magical "magic 8-ball".)

- Cameron Esposito: Marriage Material (stand-up comedy special from a hilarious lesbian comedian)

- Almost Adults (lesbian rom-com movie)

- Kumu Hina (documentary about an individual of Hawai'i native culture's third gender)

- Mrs. McCutcheon (short film about a trans-girl youth)

- Gay Camp (hilarious comedy short about a reverse conversion camp, that tries to convert "godless heterosexuals" to righteous proper gay)

- America in Transiton (trans documentaries)

- My Trans Life (trans documentaries)

- Life is Easy (New Zealand gender/body-swap comedy)

- Before I Got Famous (comedy series about a young gay asian man trying to make it in hollywood)

- Pick Up (way too short lesbian rom-com)

- Girls Like Magic (short lesbian rom-com series)

• Admin

I am glad to see this coming out and happening.  I just commented on another post about a documentary involving some well known Trans show business folks and the evolving entertainment industry that wants us but is not sure what to do with us. Even these short Indie productions being seen and promoted make us seen as humans, and good ones at that.  While entertaining for most of us, they are educational to Cis people who need the education badly.  It may change minds in some of our antagonists, but it adds to information to debunk the claims against us that H8ers shout from the roof tops. 

• Forum Moderator

Thank you so much @Heather Nicole for letting us know about this wonderful new streaming option. Obviously, I like the idea that it’s main theme is all things LGBTQ+. But this has a chance of really making a difference if it takes off.

I decided to watch one of their 47 min. documentaries called “My Transgender Summer Camp”. What a great documentary about a hidden summer camp for very young (prepubescent) trans kids. The kids in that documentary looked so happy and free to express their true selves any way they please. It was done very well.

Times are really changing. You wouldn’t have been able to bring me home if they had a summer camp like that back in my youth…lol. The next generation or two of children will have it so much easier with fresh new ‘up to date’ content available. Hopefully, the best of the best from this new streaming service can eventually make it’s way to mainstream public broadcasting and streaming services.

If Revry has more documentaries or content of that quality, I may have to subscribe. Some of its content is free but I saw several shows that looked promising that were ‘premium’ (on demand) that I’d like to see.

Thanks Again,

Susan R?