• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Shoe Search

Sally Stone

Heading to the mall tomorrow to visit a shoe store called "Shoe Show."  The store carries a lot of lady's shoes in my size (Size 13).  I bought a beautiful pair of silver pumps there about a month ago.  They are to go with my new evening gown.  Well, it's actually not new.  I bought it almost 18 months ago to wear at the 2019 Keystone Conference formal, but COVID forced the event to be cancelled and then it was cancelled again last fall.  I can't wait to actually wear it and the silver pumps accent the gown perfectly. 

Tomorrow, I'll be looking specifically for closed-toe wedges and I'm hoping they have something with a one and half or two inch heel.  I'll also have my eye out for a pair of pretty flats as well.  I still adore high-heels, but wearing them for long stints these days, just wears out my feet.

Hugs,

• Forum Moderator

I look forward to hearing about your expedition with great interest (and great honking big feet). The web site made me a little hopeful though.

Hugs!

Jackie,

Turned out I didn't make it to the mall yesterday.  Instead, I ended up doing some errands for my wife and decided not to make the long trek to the mall.  So, I'll probably try to get there sometime this week, after work.  I'll be certain to let you know what I find.

• Forum Moderator

Best of luck! Good hunting!

Ooh, I just checked their website. They've got stores near me too. Glee!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

@Sally Stone good luck - I found boots that fit via on-line but my best luck is old good Walmart and Goodwill. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I meant to add to this thread earlier, but I've been a little overcome by work these days.  Anyway, I did finally go shoe shopping at the mall where the new Shoe Show store is located.  I didn't find wedges in my size, but I did find these cute flats.

image.png.947cbb83fd835b7b2759d49f4b36e888.png