• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

samsters

samsters

• Forum Moderator

Salutations @samsters, lovely to meet you! Welcome to Transpulse!

When you're ready, please feel free to post a little more about yourself. We'd love to get to know you better!

Hugs!

Hi Jackie!  Thanks for the welcome.  I live in CT and I have been in a relationship for 21 years....married for almost 11 years.  We have three cats.  I love to cook and I am a vegan.  I used to cook in a vegetarian restaurant up until the pandemic started.  Quiet honestly, I am not sure where to go from here in terms of work.  I will be truthful and share that I have major OCD, especially around germs, so the pandemic has been particularly challenging for me.  I am not sure what else to say about myself, but please feel free to ask me questions.  I love talking with people, and learning things about others.  One can never have too many friends!

Hugs to you as well.......I am a big hugger in person?

• Forum Moderator
12 hours ago, samsters said:

I am not sure what else to say about myself, but please feel free to ask me questions.

Thank you for you introduction @samsters. Welcome! It’s nice to have you on board and hope to learn a little more about you. I can help with a lot of questions that might get you started. If you’re willing, you might share something about your earliest experiences with questioning your gender, or a few amazing coming out experiences (if you have), or perhaps how transition or the realization of your gender identity has been expressed in your everyday life. What are your preferred pronouns? What other difficulties besides the OCD issue do you face today in regards to your transition? Have you ever considered any medical (e.g HRT) or surgery in your journey? It might also be nice to learn more about your transition timeline too…like when you made the choices and experienced life changes, etc…This may help others and myself know where you are on your journey and maybe where you are headed.

Thanks for reaching out today. There’s no pressure to answer anything asked here but know we are a very nonjudgmental and supportive forum where you can be yourself (within community guidelines, of course?).

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

Hi and thank you. I can remember when I was four years old and wanting to be a boy.  Whenever I was playing with my male cousins, I would pretend I was a boy and introduce myself to their friends with a boys name.  My relatives all thought that I was just going through a tomboy phase and told my parents that I would grow out of it!  ???. I came out as a lesbian in my early twenties when I met my ex girlfriend. I am now married to my wife Tess.  We have been together since 2000. Back in 2019, I finally realized that I identify as non binary and legally changed my to Sam. I was Suzanne Marie when I was born. Funny..... when my mom was pregnant with me, the only name my parents chose was James, of course not knowing if I was a boy or a girl.  After I was born and my parents were ready to bring me home, the nurse told them that I had to have a name before I left the hospital.  My mom's first and middle name were Susan Marie. Not much thought put into my name really and I never liked my name.  I chose my new name Sam because I like the name and the main character in a Queen song is Sammy.  I love Queen and the name of the song is Spread Your Wings.  I chose the middle name Darcy because my wife reads Jane Austen and loves Pride and Prejudice. I hope I'm not boring anyone. I can also tell you that I am 20 years clean from crack and cocaine addiction.   I have a few fears and phobias. Some social anxiety, not feeling great about myself in terms of lack of a career and I have really bad anxiety about germs, which has been greatly exacerbated by the pandemic.  I could go on and let the flood gates open but it would be a while!  ?. Anyway, I am always happy to lend an ear to people and consider myself a loyal friend.  

• Forum Moderator

@samsters again welcome and thank you for sharing your story. You will find others here who relate and have similar experiences. You are certainly not alone.

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Sam!  This process of finding and accepting ourselves is not like instant coffee.  I know i perked slowly and every so often this pot makes a few more "gurgles".  

I can't say i'm a fan of Jane Austin but perhaps because it was required for a freshman english class that met at 8:00 am Saturday morning,

Hugs,

Charlize

2 hours ago, Charlize said:

I can't say i'm a fan of Jane Austin but…

I certainly am.   I used to joke about it back then, but it was one of the things that began to make sense when I realized I wasn't necessarily a guy.

Hi Charlize....I know what you mean about the 8am saturday class.  I once did that, and never did it again!

Hugs

sam

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome Sam, you have found a wonderful resource. I have learned a great deal about myself here and accept who I am.

Enjoy and hugs 

Sandra