• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

FFS and BA in Thailand

Kasumi63

Not much to report now, but I’m heading off to Thailand in a week for FFS and BA. Needless to say, I’m quite excited. Once I arrive in Thailand, I need to be in quarantine for two weeks, so it’s actually another three weeks until my surgeries. Anybody do these surgeries together? Any tips?

• Forum Moderator

Just to say congratulations! May the results be everything you hoped for and more!

Hugs!

Hey!

Wish you successful and safe surgeries, quick recovery and more than satisfying results. Sorry, that i am not on topic (very much).

I want to ask you to share your experience and if it's possible with which surgeon you have your procedures. I also look forward for Thailand as an option for GRS and I am really "hungry" to know more. Also I will follow your topic to see what the others, with experience in there have to say!

:)

Thanks for your interest, Shellianne!

Here is where I’m going for surgery:

http://www.bangkokplasticsurgery.com

I’m now in Bangkok, but I have to spend two weeks in quarantine first. Surgery is scheduled for the middle of the month. I had GRS in Japan last February, but wonder if I should have come here for that. I plan to ask the doctor to check out below just for his opinion, but I’m not going to say anything before my scheduled surgeries.

6 hours ago, Kasumi63 said:

Thanks for your interest, Shellianne!

Here is where I’m going for surgery:

http://www.bangkokplasticsurgery.com

I’m now in Bangkok, but I have to spend two weeks in quarantine first. Surgery is scheduled for the middle of the month. I had GRS in Japan last February, but wonder if I should have come here for that. I plan to ask the doctor to check out below just for his opinion, but I’m not going to say anything before my scheduled surgeries.

Thank you very much! (Call me "Shelly" by the way! :))

I am following your topic and will wait for good news! Hope that everything will be better than great for you! Wish you fast recovery and satisfactory results! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Well, I am now on the final day of my two-week quarantine. Tomorrow, I check out of my hotel and then head to the hospital. Tomorrow will be our consultation, and surgery will be the day after that. Needless to say, I'm very excited but also quite nervous. Being here completely on my own doesn't help, of course. 

• Forum Moderator

@Kasumi63 Know that my thoughts and prayers will be with you these next few days. You won’t be alone in spirit. Take care of yourself.?

Stay Safe,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

Do what the doctors say. Relax. Feel better. May the results be all you were hoping for and more besides!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

@Kasumi63 I hope you’re feeling a little more improved every day…a step closer to redefining you!

Get Well Soon,

Susan R?

Thanks, Jackie and Susan! I am now in a hotel and feeling a little bit better. Part of the struggle has been being alone overseas during the COVID-19 pandemic. After the surgery I had some struggle breathing and that sent me into a panic, which only made things worse. Since arriving here in Thailand, I spent two weeks in quarantine and have several PCR tests, so it’s highly unlikely that I’m infected. 

Anyway, I’m now in a hotel room recovering on my own. Tomorrow I’m scheduled to have all my bandages removed. That’s a big step. My face and head still hurts, but the swelling has gone down quite a bit. Now it’s just a struggle to get through each day. One day at a time.

It’s nice that I can contact the clinic easily, and they immediately reply. Staying calm and friendly goes a long way here in Thailand, and my interactions with them has been pretty positive. 

Still, I’m anxious to get home to Japan. With emergency measures in place, it’s bound to be a stressful trip back, but it’s much more relaxing entering your own country, and there’s no way I can be refused entry. The main issue is whether I’ll have quarantine after entry. 

I guess I was a bit crazy to get such a major surgery done at this time. But I have been tired of waiting.  

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Kasumi63 said:

I guess I was a bit crazy to get such a major surgery done at this time. But I have been tired of waiting.

Not at all. My only regret about surgery is that I didn't do it sooner. You knew what you needed and you made it happen. You did it safely. You got through it. Now you're going home. Mission successful!

Hugs!

On 8/20/2021 at 3:10 PM, Kasumi63 said:

Thanks, Jackie and Susan! I am now in a hotel and feeling a little bit better. Part of the struggle has been being alone overseas during the COVID-19 pandemic. After the surgery I had some struggle breathing and that sent me into a panic, which only made things worse. Since arriving here in Thailand, I spent two weeks in quarantine and have several PCR tests, so it’s highly unlikely that I’m infected. 

Anyway, I’m now in a hotel room recovering on my own. Tomorrow I’m scheduled to have all my bandages removed. That’s a big step. My face and head still hurts, but the swelling has gone down quite a bit. Now it’s just a struggle to get through each day. One day at a time.

It’s nice that I can contact the clinic easily, and they immediately reply. Staying calm and friendly goes a long way here in Thailand, and my interactions with them has been pretty positive. 

Still, I’m anxious to get home to Japan. With emergency measures in place, it’s bound to be a stressful trip back, but it’s much more relaxing entering your own country, and there’s no way I can be refused entry. The main issue is whether I’ll have quarantine after entry. 

Wish you a quick recovery, don't worry about the rest now!

• 3 weeks later...

Update: 

Well, I didn’t have any trouble getting into Japan, of course, but I did have to do another two-week quarantine. Just two more days! Can’t wait to get home!

So my thoughts about my surgery? Overall, I’m pleased, especially about the breast augmentation. However, it’s harder to tell with the facial feminization surgery. Breasts look great and the results are obvious, but I gather it takes time for the results of the face to settle in, so it’s hard to judge. I had a lot done on my face, but the changes are subtle, and there’s still a bit of swelling. I’ve read that a full recovery (in the sense of final results becoming obvious) takes a year, so I guess that’s normal. I’m not disappointed or anything, but I thought results would be a bit more obvious. 

Mainly, I’m just anxious to get home, where I’ll be able to eat my own food, see friends, exercise, and get back to work. Oh, and get some new bras and clothes!! Can’t wait to go shopping!

Thanks again for the support. Over the past month and a half, I only had one single day of crisis, so overall, everything went pretty well.

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Kasumi63 said:

everything went pretty well.

Great Update @Kasumi63! Very glad everything has gone fairly smooth for you. Heal up and post some pics of the new you when you’re good to go.?

My Best,
Susan R?

13 hours ago, Kasumi63 said:

Update: 

Well, I didn’t have any trouble getting into Japan, of course, but I did have to do another two-week quarantine. Just two more days! Can’t wait to get home!

So my thoughts about my surgery? Overall, I’m pleased, especially about the breast augmentation. However, it’s harder to tell with the facial feminization surgery. Breasts look great and the results are obvious, but I gather it takes time for the results of the face to settle in, so it’s hard to judge. I had a lot done on my face, but the changes are subtle, and there’s still a bit of swelling. I’ve read that a full recovery (in the sense of final results becoming obvious) takes a year, so I guess that’s normal. I’m not disappointed or anything, but I thought results would be a bit more obvious. 

Mainly, I’m just anxious to get home, where I’ll be able to eat my own food, see friends, exercise, and get back to work. Oh, and get some new bras and clothes!! Can’t wait to go shopping!

Thanks again for the support. Over the past month and a half, I only had one single day of crisis, so overall, everything went pretty well.

?

On 9/13/2021 at 5:07 PM, Susan R said:

Heal up and post some pics of the new you when you’re good to go.

I think it will take some time for swelling to go down and scars to heal, but here I am today:

IMG-5624.jpg

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Kasumi63 said:

I think it will take some time for swelling to go down and scars to heal, but here I am today:

IMG-5624.jpg

You look fabulous @Kasumi63. You have such a calm and peaceful demeanor for someone who has been through so much in a relatively short time. It appears like everything was a wonderful success. I wish you the best on the road to full recovery.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?