• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Own Girlfriend, poem

Davie

• Forum Moderator

I have now learned anothetr poetic genre I need explore (if there are English translations out there).

3 hours ago, Shay said:

I have now learned another poetic genre I need explore (if there are English translations out there).

Good info on this from Sea Gabriel, a learned scholar of myth are: Clunes Ross,  she's a writer, and Peter Hallbert, on norse poetry. Enjoy.

I absolutely love your style. Your work has a beautiful, natural flow. The imagery is wonderful. I wrote one that Some poets write eloquently 

In cursive with fountain pens, I write in block letters with crayons. You definitely write eloquently. T

Work

First:
worked on farm,
shoveled manure.
Next:
worked as writer,
shoveled manure.
Last:
cleaned houses.
Best job I ever had.

• Forum Moderator

All jobs I had were shoveling mature because I couldn't show the real me.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Shay said:

Not sure I understand this one.

It's for people like me who over-think the simple pleasures in life.

"When walking, just walk, Davie" I should tell myself. "Just stay in the now."

It's easy for me to gather too much information. I'll try to listen now.

Yours,

Davie

• Forum Moderator

Gosh that has been me most of my life - living in the now is difficult when you aren't even in the right body. My mind drifts that. Enjoying the moment as it is all you actually have is important. I practice by just stopping and taking in everything I can with all my senses, not judge, just enjoy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • miz miranda
    • Jandi
    • Davie
    • Billie75B
    • Dartti Dare
    • Little Natalie
    • Carl1982
    • AmberM
    • Vidanjali
    • MaryEllen
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Atomic
    Newest Member
    Atomic

1. Andi Shay
      Andi Shay
      (51 years old)
    2. ghost
      ghost
      (58 years old)
    3. Julia Marie
      Julia Marie
      (30 years old)
    4. juliasvw
      juliasvw
      (50 years old)
    • miz miranda
      In 1912, a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, and wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.   Somali pirates have such a hatred for Western culture, that the British Navy uses music from Britney Spears to scare them off.   Cap’n Crunch’s full name is Captain Horatio Magellan Crunch.   The chicken and the ostrich are the closest living relatives of the Tyrannosaurus rex.
    • Red_Lauren.
      Yea she's nosy. She could probably tell you everything going on in the neighborhood.    Yea my grandma asked why I went through planned parent hood. I told her way to munch gatekeeping, and cost at a regular dr. I told her my labs are like 100 bucks, and she was like I pay around 300 after insurance. 
    • Vidanjali
      Geez, under different circumstances that could have been disastrous. Life is so strange. What a blessing it turned out to be an opportunity to glean that understanding and acceptance from your grandmother. 
    • Vidanjali
      There were two monarch butterfly chrysalises in the garden I'd been keeping an eye on because they were anchored on leafs that were liable to fall before the butterflies hatched. I looked out the window this morning literally just at the moment one of the leaves fell! I ran out to rescue the chrysalis and found the butterfly had hatched just before the leaf fell off and was crawling on the ground. Monarchs need to hang dry for a few hours before they can fly. This sweetie readily crawled onto my finger and let me take him to a bush to hang. The 2nd picture is the other monarch chrysalis I'm still keeping an eye on. It looks like a fancy piece of jewelry to me. The 3rd bonus picture is a cute atala butterfly enjoying some nectar breakfast. 
    • Shay
    • Shay
    • Shay
      Sea Lions have rhythm.  They are the only animal able to clap to a beat. Hippopotamus milk is pink.
    • Elizabeth Star
      Day one of road trip vacation has come to an end. We stayed at a place called the Weathervane Inn in Montague, Mi. I don’t know if they’re actually LGBT friendly but I was called miss by the desk clerk when we arrived. I got us a room with an oversized jacuzzi tub, fireplace and a king size bed. This place is pet friendly too so maybe next time we’ll bring our kids.    The drive here was uneventful. We did talk a lot but there was to real opening up about our obvious problems. We’re getting an early start today since I t’s another 3-4 hour drive to our next stop. 
    • KathyLauren
      Human brains do have sexual dimorphism, that is detectable in an MRI, and that correlates to gender identity.  Whether the correlation is enough to be diagnostic is still an open question.  But it is definitely a thing.  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7139786/
    • Erica Gabriel
      It’s been one year since I came out to my wife and finally began unwrapping the woman inside of me. My current tasks are to continue the ever-ending battle of changing my name on everything and enjoying the clarity and changes of HRT. I’d like to thank everyone here who helped and encouraged me this past year.
    • Timber Wolf
      Good morning everyone,😃   Happy birthday Andi Shay!🎂 Happy birthday ghost!🎂 Happy birthday Julia Marle!🎂 Happy birthday juliasvw!🎂 Hope you have a great day!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf🐾
    • stveee
      I learned some about Eastern vs. Western thought and "narrative", which includes the narrative of ourselves; typically, Western thought is linear, there is a beginning, middle and end whereas Hindu is cyclic. As Alan Watts explains, we often perceive our present as being a product or result of the past. Which also can place excessive value on memory itself, past events...because we are still perceiving them from the present anyway.  I think this can begin to shed some insight on the concept of "fate", that is typically preoccupied with past decisions and how they will translate into consequences, all the while overlooking the infinite and immediate reality of the present. Hinduism and Buddhist thinking shifts the focus to Now, the present, and the past flowing from it. The ship going through water produces a wake- the wake does not propel the ship forward.   
    • Charlize
      There are certainly places and people in this country where life is more difficult for trans folks or others who do not "fit".  Unfortunately bullies are universally present and make life difficult.  Fortunately society has made progress.  Living with fear that requires the need for self defense is not a particularly strong indication of a  civilized world.  I don't want to use a knife and gun except as they are needed on the farm.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Kasumi63
      I’ve been trying Tinder just to get my feet wet, but I have my first date lined up for tomorrow. I’m a bit nervous, but I’m trying to keep my expectations low and hoping to just have a decent time. I know Tinder has the reputation for being a pick up site, but I also heard that that’s not as much the case in Asia. Well, we’ll see!
    • Kasumi63
      Sorry to say, reading threads like this—the comments as much as the original post—make me happy to be living outside the States and scared to visit.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.