• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Interesting and helpful info about bras

Heather Nicole

I found a really good TED talk on youtube from a bra expert that clarifies a lot of common misunderstandings about bras, including how the sizes work.

It does technically have a few illustrative slides showing bras, a couple of them ones actually being worn, so I understand that I can't directly link to it here. But I think the information is so good and important (and relevant to many of us) that hopefully I can at least point out where to find it. It's on youtube, from the TEDx event "TEDxKCWomen", the speaker's name is Laura Tempesta and the title of the presentation is "You'll never look at a bra the same way again"

I know there's occasional talk here about the difficulty, and mystery, in bra fitting, so I hope this helps someone. For me, the most interesting takeaway is that: It's not just our imagination, the "same" cup sizes really are completely different sizes depending on the band size. So for example, a 30B has much smaller cups than a 38B.

• 5 months later...

This was SO interesting! Laura said just the opposite from what a bra expert at Soma told me (about which set of hooks should be used with a new / newer bra. Thank you for sharing this, @Heather Nicole!

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Katie M said:

about which set of hooks should be used with a new / newer bra.

@Katie M that's because she wanted you to come back sooner!