• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What piece of clothing makes you feel your correct gender?

Luna Gonzalez

Whenever I feel kind of dysphoric I try to make what transness is all about; feeling euphoric. I believe that my trans identity reflects more in what makes me feel beautiful and comfortable, rather than what makes me feel bad about myself. Transness has really helped me to get to know me better and to love myself because I know what I'm worth and being trans is being beautiful, different and authentic. 

My comfort clothes for whenever I want to feel euphoric are long socks, they always make me feel beautiful and kinda hot. Which clothes make you feel euphoric???

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luna Gonzalez

• Katie M

• Ivy

• Sorourke

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Luna Gonzalez said:

Transness has really helped me to get to know me better and to love myself because I know what I'm worth and being trans is being beautiful, different and authentic. 

I like what you said here. When I wear men's shoes I feel more authentic. I like wingtips, oxfords, and dress boots. When I wear them I feel I look dope and handsome in an unconventional and unique way. It's fun how adornments can make you feel ador(n)able. ?

4 hours ago, Luna Gonzalez said:

Whenever I feel kind of dysphoric I try to make what transness is all about; feeling euphoric.

That's a good idea to keep in mind!

For me, it's a nice dress or nightgown. ?  (As long as I avoid the mirror!)

But other things can help, too. Cute socks (I have a pastel rainbow pair that I love), pretty dangly earrings, mascara, bright nail polish, a sparkly headband, anything strappy, or any feminine top that doesn't have a male-style super-tight neckline or male-style "short" sleeves that reach halfway to my elbow.

whatever i wear makes me feel ok. i really don't think much about it other than wear clean clothes that are comfortable and look good on me. actually i'm pretty much a very casual person. and it's not clothes that make me feel good, it's what i'm actively doing every day that's my passion. thank you. :) 

Heels and a dress, hun. This girl loves looking her best wherever she goes. Only my stylist knows my true hair color! ?

15 hours ago, Vidanjali said:

I like what you said here. When I wear men's shoes I feel more authentic. I like wingtips, oxfords, and dress boots. When I wear them I feel I look dope and handsome in an unconventional and unique way. It's fun how adornments can make you feel ador(n)able. ?

Omg I love oxfords, I've been craving a pair of dr Martens lately.  I specially like the ones attached below

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 9.48.06 AM.png

14 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

That's a good idea to keep in mind!

For me, it's a nice dress or nightgown. ?  (As long as I avoid the mirror!)

But other things can help, too. Cute socks (I have a pastel rainbow pair that I love), pretty dangly earrings, mascara, bright nail polish, a sparkly headband, anything strappy, or any feminine top that doesn't have a male-style super-tight neckline or male-style "short" sleeves that reach halfway to my elbow.

I'd love to see those socks. My favorites are a pair of socks with moons and another pair with shih thus. I evidently love moons because my name means moon in spanish and I have a beautiful shih tzu.

333CE256-B607-46C9-B5DD-7854AED6F410.JPG

IMG_2921.jpg

5 hours ago, christinakristy2021 said:

I feel euphoric when I wear the understuff such as bras, underwear, etc.

I love Calvin Klein underwear specifically, I don't know it makes me feel cute

4 hours ago, April-Showers said:

whatever i wear makes me feel ok. i really don't think much about it other than wear clean clothes that are comfortable and look good on me. actually i'm pretty much a very casual person. and it's not clothes that make me feel good, it's what i'm actively doing every day that's my passion. thank you. :) 

I totally get you girl, I also feel cute whenever I'm comfy or in cute baggy clothes. I love hoodies and xxl soft cotton t shirts

3 hours ago, JennaLSinclair said:

Heels and a dress, hun. This girl loves looking her best wherever she goes. Only my stylist knows my true hair color! ?

Omg love heels but I don't wear them much because I am pretty tall, so I look wayyyy bigger. But yes a cute dress and a pair of heels are a must have.

1 hour ago, Luna Gonzalez said:

Omg love heels but I don't wear them much because I am pretty tall, so I look wayyyy bigger. But yes a cute dress and a pair of heels are a must have.

I'm 6'-2" (188 cm) tall, I stand out regardless. Heels don't bother me. I have a cis female cousin that's 6'-3" (191 cm) tall. We both love heels.

For me it is the feel of wearing a slip.As I mostly wear skirts and blouses or dresses I always a slip, it feels just wonderful on my old lady skin and makes me feel I am totally put together as a proper lady'. They are hard to find in stores now but thankfully Vanity Fair still makes them and they can be found on line.

16 hours ago, Luna Gonzalez said:

I'd love to see those socks

These are them: https://bestkawaii.com/collections/socks/products/rainbow-socks

Shipping took ages, but that was mid-pandemic last year, during the worst of the shipping delays, so your mileage may vary. They're pretty small (and my feet are gigantic) but the material is stretchy enough that even I can still wear them anyway (even if the heel does tend to slip below where it should be). They're still my favorite pair though, just because of how cute the colors are. (I always did love pastels :))

16 hours ago, Luna Gonzalez said:

I evidently love moons because my name means moon in spanish

I don't know if you're a gamer or not, but just in case you are, my introduction to JRPGs was "Lunar: The Silver Star", back on Sega CD/Mega CD (and the later Playstation remake). Because of that series, and one of the lead characters on it, I always loved the name "Luna".

Luna, I loved that you started this thread, because I have always adored fashion and use it to express my inner woman.  Just the right outfit can have me feeling like a million bucks and oh, so confident.  Many of you will probably think me a bit old fashion, but pantyhose or stockings really help me feel my feminine gender.  A side benefit is that hose act as makeup for my legs.  A close second are high-heels.  There is just something about a sexy pair of heels that make me feel girly.  I'm tall, 6 feet 2 inches, but I have never let that interfere with my desire for wearing them.

• Forum Moderator

Mine has to be skirts or dresses. something known to be feminine. When I put on a dress I feel so much more girly.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

I love long "boho" skirts especially in the summer when a light cotton skirt often feels cooler than the air.  Who cares if my body may show when i'm backlit.

Hugs,

Charlize

I love dresses! I always feel so much happier when I am wearing one, when you find one that offers some natural curves and compliments my height and weight it lets me see myself in the mirror in a way that other clothes just can't.   

That being said I have always experienced euphoria with the feel of tights and leggings, I just confused it with something else for 20+ years.?

• Forum Moderator

The go to clothing for me right now is Fitness Clothing, because the leggings are not gender specific. As Fall cools down to Winter, then may clothing choices are changing with the seasons. I'm looking at foot wear, and some type of cross body bag to make up for the lack of pockets.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Mindy??️‍⚧️?

8 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

I don't know if you're a gamer or not, but just in case you are, my introduction to JRPGs was "Lunar: The Silver Star", back on Sega CD/Mega CD (and the later Playstation remake). Because of that series, and one of the lead characters on it, I always loved the name "Luna".

I saw the socks, they are super cute!!! And about JRPGs, I'm a fan. The ones I liked the most were earthbound, mother 3 and chrono trigger. I've never played Lunar tho, I might give it a try in the future.

For me I love wearing dresses or skirts, followed by skinny jeans or leggings. At work since I have not fully come out except to HR. Our dree code allows jeans and Polo's so I wear women's jeans and polo top and so far noting has been said and co workers talk to me as if nothing is different, so I assume they haven't noticed or don't care. 

• 2 weeks later...

Boho skirts and sandals do the the trick for me. Its not the most glamorous or sexy look, but for around the house or running quick errands, its so comfy and self-affirming! ?

I want to feel cute but comfy, so it's either nightshirts/nightgowns lounging around the house, or an off the shoulder top or crop top really makes me feel girly. 

suits. even tho they're quite formal, blazers and trousers make me feel like a man. 

but also the baggy t-shirt/big jacket/straight jeans combo. they make me feel like any other boy my age, it makes me feel very happy. :)