• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

introduction

rachel w

Hello every one  Rachel w  here     this is my story i was married for 36 years we had a really good life together i have no regrets Nancy passed in April of this year  i have always like to cross dress  but i was only able to a little bit my choice because i love her so much i put that part of me on hold that was ok.   But now i am coming out big time and it feels so right i am a mtf i have told 8 people 2 0f which was family 1 sis asked a few ? but the other one said nothing it is ok she is old school and i told one she said you go girl she is a very good freind she was there when nancy passed it has ben a tough road but its getting better  I do see a talk to person and my doc. has ben really good very supportive i still have to work my job 40 plus hours and i have ben total fem and it feels so right   thats my story  i am not very good at putting things in writing

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Rachel.  I am sorry for your loss but glad that you are able to find the silver lining of self acceptance.  I found that being here and knowing i wasn't alone has helped me on my path.

On another note i moved your post to the Introduction Forum so more will be able to get to know you.

Hugs,

Charlize

Welcome Rachel! Glad you're here. I'm sorry for your wife's passing, glad you had a wonderful 36 years together. Accepting myself for who I really am was a huge hurdle for me, it took years. I'm happy you've been able to find that for yourself. I've found loving support, advice & acceptance here, & think you will too. 

Hugs!

Delcina

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Hello @rachel w and welcome.  I'm saddened to hear of your loss.  

It's never too late to pursue your goals.  Take acceptance where you can and forge ahead.   It looks like Mainetrans.net has restarted in person meetings if you are interested.  I found they are good group with a diverse membership.  

Cheers, Jani

Hi Jani    and thank you the info  i ben at a stand still  i am coming out told a few people right now i feel like in the middle of nowhere i am living 2 lives 

• Forum Moderator

@rachel w It’s nice that you’ve joined our friendly forum. I’m sorry about your late wife’s passing. I hope you find all the support and friendship you need. I know this forum can offer much of that in some form and fashion. It’s amazing to me the huge sacrifice you made holding off presenting female during your marriage for the comfort of your wife and the stability in your relationship. She obviously meant the world to you.

Moving forward…It takes time and patience and there will be setbacks but I hope you're now starting to feel a new freedom living as your authentic self and turning the page to a new chapter in your life. These are exciting times for you. Cherish every moment.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?