• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Greetings, Programs!

Kelly2509

First, hopefully there are some folks who will know where that title came from! (extra points if you got it!)

Hi!  My name is Kelly and it's my first day (here).  I'm a 45 year old transfem person and coming up on 9 months HRT.  I spent about 32ish years trying to play the hand I was dealt and finally decided I was tired of patiently waiting for death and took some agency in my life for a change.  I live in southwest Michigan and am, as my thread title suggests, a big nerd.  It's nice to meet you all!

• Forum Moderator

Tron (the first one), duh. ?

I mean everybody knows that one, right? Also used to be the salutation I always got from a very old friend (who happens to be bi-gendered). Not sure if they still do it. I haven't seen them as much as I'd like since they moved away.

So, yeah! Welcome Kelly! I'm... hrm, going over that bio I'm a slightly older you. I came out in 2018 at age 48. Waiting not so patiently for death. Live in Southeastern Michigan. Specifically Livonia, though I work in Dearborn and/or Taylor depending on who you ask. Tremendous geek and happy to meet you. We're glad you're here!

Hopefully we have what you're looking for, so feel free to poke around ask questions and generally say hi!

Hugs!

Extra points Jackie! XD  It's nice to meet you!  I was just over in Ferndale for Pride in the Park a few weeks ago with a friend so I was approximating your neck of the woods! haha!  We didn't stick around real long, it was super hot that day and neither of us really knew anyone ;) 

Hi Kelly. Nice to meet you. I glad I’m not the only one who saw that movie. I must’ve watched it 50 times. 

I came out two years ago at 45, now I’m almost 2 years on HRT. This is an amazing place. I don’t know where I’d be right now without the support I found here.

I hope to see you around. 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Kelly2509 said:

Extra points Jackie! XD  It's nice to meet you!  I was just over in Ferndale for Pride in the Park a few weeks ago with a friend so I was approximating your neck of the woods! haha!  We didn't stick around real long, it was super hot that day and neither of us really knew anyone ;) 

OH, I so thought about doing that but parking in Ferndale is such a hassle...

That and I had a revision to my GCS like two days before and I was in Swarthmore, PA at the time. ?

I so need more queer friends.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

@Kelly2509 welcome - I'm from the state down south - Ohio - and can relate very much to your post. You will find some great people here - well - you've already met 2 of the kindest and sweetest already. I'm a geek but an old one so I didn't get the title. I'm more a "What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?" kind of girl.

1 hour ago, Shay said:

I'm more a "What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?" kind of girl.

Well we can all agree its 42 of course ;)

Thanks for the welcome!

3 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I so need more queer friends.

Amen!  Queer friends understand, and accept me as I am, and I them.  We understand each other's vocabulary; we support each other through the good and the bad.  One of my close queer friends recently moved far away and, well, that sucks.  

Astrid

4 hours ago, Kelly2509 said:

I live in southwest Michigan and am, as my thread title suggests, a big nerd.  It's nice to meet you all!

Hi, @Kelly2509!  Nice to meet you -- join in with questions or comments anytime.  We're all here for each other.

I began almost 2 years ago on HRT (within a few days of @Elizabeth Star, I since learned) and, as she said, this is such a supportive place.

Meanwhile, the geek/nerd in me is irrepressible.  So, with full credit to the Internet, the inexhaustible source of nerd jokes, I bring you these:

•  There's a new Tron movie in development about particle physics.  They're gonna call it NewTron.

• The bartender says, "We don't serve time travelers here."
    A time traveler walks into a bar.

With best wishes for your journey forward!

Astrid

1 hour ago, Vidanjali said:

Hooray for more queer friends, especially nerdy ones. ?

Speaking of which, does anyone know the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow? 

You Monty Python fan, you!  ? 

You know, you just can't trust atoms - they make up everything! (Now, see what you've started @Astrid!

I also attest to how incredibly supportive this community is. I have learned so much about myself and have made leaps and bounds in the area of self-acceptance by reading and sharing here. It's truly been a blessing. 

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Kelly2509 said:

I spent about 32ish years trying to play the hand I was dealt and finally decided I was tired of patiently waiting for death

Welcome @Kelly2509, It’s a pleasure to meet you. Like you, I waited until I just couldn’t play the part any longer. No one had better options so I did the only thing that works…accept it and become myself. Good to have you with us to share our journeys together.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

Welcome Kelly! As you, I too delayed acceptance of who I am for a long time. Glad you found this forum. I've found loving support, advice & acceptance here & I think you will 0010.

The only person I can think of that does "Greetings Programs," is a Hankerin Furnale, but I know he didn't originate it.

Welcome :)

• Forum Moderator

I'm not sure if this thread should be moved to the humor forum.........

Thanks for the morning smile.  

Welcome Kelly.

Hugs,

Charlize

thanks @KimmieElise and @Charlize!

I do love me some Jeff Bridges, somehow he can take the lamest sounding things and make them stick in my head for nearly 40 years ;)  I can already see myself at 75-80 telling people "well, that's just like... your opinion, man..."