• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Newfound Dysphoria?

Nora

On 9/24/2021 at 10:04 AM, Nora said:

I read a good chunk of it before deciding to scroll down to so how much further it would go on...then I gave up because I just don't have that kinda time LOL. Thanks for sharing though! Looks like an interesting read; I'll probably get to it in the future at some point. 

From what I read though, it seemed to basically be saying the same thing I was saying, but with slightly more smarty-pantsy biologery sounding words thrown into the mix lol. Seems they were saying that the differences in the brain were the result of hormonal, environmental and cultural factors. The relative sizes between a male and female brain seems negligible because I'm pretty sure I heard that the size of a brain doesn't necessarily determine how it functions. Not to mention all the crap that can happen that can radically alter various regions of the brain, particularly trauma and abuse. Some ciswomen have a large amygdala, some ciswomen have a small amygdala. Twenty bucks says that either way...it was their parents fault. ?

Neuroscience doesn't trickle down readily to clinicians or to the public in general. When it was known 50 years ago that sexual orientation was hardwired the psychology industry chose to ignore that and push the fact free BS that boy turn gay because of domineering mothers. 

HRT will change your brain and it could change your sexual orientation. My F2M friend who was asexual went wild after HRT. This guy has a MSW and lots of other credentials. When I knew him as a female his girl friends said he was a male chauvinist. When the HRT kicked in, he remarked to me that he didn't understand women. We joked about it. 

HRT could wake up your libido and attraction to one sex or the other. 

I maybe going on androgen blockers and there's a chance it could change my orientation. Time will tell.

7 hours ago, Sometimes Chrissie said:

There are female and male brain differences in both structure and function. https://www.arlenetaylor.org/sensory-preference-pas/7444-gender-hearing-differences

Males and Females process language differently https://www.cerebromente.org.br/n11/mente/eisntein/cerebro-homens.html

See the source image

https://www.learning-mind.com/male-brain-vs-female-brain-20-differences/

Part of it is evolution. 

There are both hard and soft signs that show gender differences in brain function. 

When HRT kicks in sense of smell changes. Sense of smell is connected to many other brain functions. 

Here's how your hormones impact your sense of smell

Male and female brains are very different as are gay and straight brains. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11113342/c

...I'm not sure if you're understanding what I was saying before; human brains don't have genders. One's gender, biology, and cultural upbringing though can all affect how a human brain functions, whether that human is male or female or something in between. Technically speaking, EVERYONE has a different, unique brain. But it's still a human brain, and every human brain can perform the same exact functions. Let's go over the previously mentioned 20 perceived differences real quick, (emphasis on the word perceived lol).....Edit: Let's just take a look at them five at a time for now LOL.

01. Men and women use different parts of the brain to handle the same task. 

(This is a broad statement that neglects the fact that plenty of women have brains that function more like a male's brain, and plenty of men have brains that function more like a female's brain. Everybody can use different parts of their brain to handle various tasks, and a wide range of factors could contribute to what those parts are, such as a head injury, smoke inhalation, or oxygen deprivation leading to brain damage, or autism/asperger's and other neurological disabilities. One simply can't group human brains into two categories based on on sex; brains just aren't that simple. Anyone whose done a study that proves otherwise probably has some preconceived sexist bias, or is otherwise being offered money for a specific "result" whether it's based on actual truth or not. ...I don't really trust anybody lmao.)

02. A woman’s brain is 10% smaller than a man’s brain, according to overall brain volume. However, it does not affect the levels of intelligence, and scientists are unsure of which regions hold the volume differences.

Here it even straight up tells you that the size and shape of a human brain is irrelevant in regards to it's functional performance, in addition to the fact scientists are unsure of what the hell they're looking at LOL. The only reason that female brains are slightly smaller is because females are generally smaller than males, at least in our species...it's the opposite for most species on this planet; usually the females are the bigger and scarier ones LOL. XD

But yeah; a woman who is larger than me is probably going to have a larger brain than I do. People, and brains, come in all different shapes and sizes in all kinds of people. 

03. With age, the male brain shrinks faster than the female.

This looks like another broad-brushed generalization. Too many factors and variables have to be considered. A woman who's dumber than a door nail, drinks, smokes, and watches TV all day is most definitely going to end up having more brain shrinkage than a man her age who is completely clean in sober, works out everyday, and works as a Navy SEAL.

04. Women are more capable of managing multiple tasks, flowing simultaneously, while men tend to get irritated when they have to do several things at the same time. However, scientists have emphasized that it’s just a general tendency and not conclusive evidence.

...These scientists have literally just emphasized that they're making broad generalizations, and nothing they say should be construed as conclusive evidence lmao. *applauds the scientists for their humble transparency* ?

05. But… Men are faster to absorb information, so they are more responsive.

Did they seriously just list part of one difference as a separate difference? ....I'm really thinking they're just trying really really hard to reach 20 different things because they like the number 20 because it's a psychologically pleasing number and they are SHEEP! Lmao. Baah! Baaahhhh!!! ??? 

???

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)

• Heather Shay
    • Hannah Renee
    • Emma De
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Phillis Lynn
    Newest Member
    Phillis Lynn

1. Alex Blitzen
      Alex Blitzen
    2. ARK
      ARK
      (35 years old)
    3. Beverley50
      Beverley50
      (56 years old)
    4. Em
      Em
    5. Jlandry1970
      Jlandry1970
    • Emma De
      present moment maters more than past.
    • Davie
      In the Yorkshire countryside, working-class tomboy Mona meets the exotic, pampered Tamsin. Over the summer season, the two young women discover they have much to teach one another, and much to explore together.   https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382189/?ref_=vp_close  
    • Davie
      Trans men’s eggs have been matured in the lab—and could help them have children.  A new technique means eggs can be grown from the ovaries of transgender men, even after years of testosterone therapy.  It could offer them new ways to start a family.   This would allow transgender men who want children to avoid having to pause gender-affirming medical care and avoid vaginal probes, women’s health clinics, and female-hormone-based treatments, all of which can be physically or emotionally distressing. Telfer discussed her findings, which have not yet been peer-reviewed, in a virtual presentation to the Society for Reproductive Investigation at its annual meeting, which was held in Denver, Colorado, last month. https://www.technologyreview.com/2022/04/26/1051086/transgender-men-children/  
    • Heather Nicole
      Hi @JacobLevado!   I don't know that I really have any advice or insight into your situation to offer, although I'm glad to hear you're feeling better about it all now. But I just wanted to say that I have social anxiety too, including some pretty major rejection sensitivity (which I didn't even know was "a thing" until fairly recently!) So FWIW, I think I can understand, at the very least, how that particular aspect of your story would feel.   I also think it's fantastic, FWIW, that you're at least in a position to be able to help with something LGBTQ+-related as part of your job.   Of course, I've dealt with bureaucracy and boilerplate, too. Sometimes it has it's reasons. And sometimes it's just pointless, counterproductive, or even outright harmful. And oftentimes, it can be difficult to even to be sure one way or the other. (And then sometimes, the person writing or sending the boilerplate hates doing so but has their own hands tied. Or...they may just simply be a big giant...BZZZT!-REDACTED!-)  
    • VickySGV
      On the operating table and going under at 1243 and wake up in the recovery room at 1630 (4:30 PM).  January 15, 2013 with Dr. Marci Bowers.  Mine was the single step surgery.
    • Susan R
      I started on HRT with pills and was later switched to patches after GRS so I avoided having to self inject. Still, I can recall getting slightly light headed every time I went in for my blood draws for regular levels checks…even while avoiding watching the injection procedure. Luckily, I found a nurse at my provider that is able to magically hit the vein EVERY time with no insertion pain whatsoever. My light headedness is a think of the past now. I assume doing it yourself will get to that same point in time with some experience. This new technique may help you with this too.   Congrats on the starting of HRT and may your results be everything you hoped for and more.   Susan R🌷
    • Spaziod
      I got my right ear pierced today always had left one done and have really wanted to get it done put earings in and I've been so secretly excited cause even though nobody else knows why...I know why I've wanted it done...I've been also doing more neutral haircuts I feel cute and it let's me be me without telling everyone else 
    • Susan R
      Hannah Renee, I agree. How many of us at some point have had these [trans]gender identity related thoughts come to mind? Whether you’re living on both extremes of the binary genders off and on, living somewhere else on the gender spectrum, or in that ‘difficult in-between’ stage a half year or so into your transition, I think many of us here have had thoughts about the statements on Sally’s list.
    • Susan R
      After Pat Benatar’s release of her single "Heartbreaker” in late 1979…the Seattle radio station KISW had a big promo called the “Rising Star” concert series. Pat was the very first in that series and tickets were really cheap even for ‘79 at only $10. I was 17 and had a great time despite going with friends in male mode.😁
    • Davie
      The term "Icon" is much overused. "A Little Tenderness" by Otis Redding, on the other hand should be required listening to qualify for Adulthood On Earth. — Davie
    • Hannah Renee
      Good to know. Thanks.
    • JacobLevado
      @Samuel William I love this idea!  I'm going to start doing it.
    • JacobLevado
      @Vidanjali hi, I have been thinking about how to reply to your first post.  It's complicated because I live in a small country and it wouldn't take much info for this to be identifying.  So, with that in mind... The topic isn't all that sensitive, and there will be ways for community members to engage that are not identifying.   What I said, in a social forum, was -- hey, there is a group of us working on a project to do XYZ, if anyone wants to chat.  And a number of people did want to chat.  So we chatted.  It wasn't any formal community engagement by my org or me.  Most of the chatting, as you would expect given the social context, was "oh, that's cool... I'm interested in this other thing that's related" or "I have this skill set, is there a possible role for me" or "would you be keen to get involved with this other thing?"   As far as how he found out?  Small community.  I've tried to make contact but he's flaky - proposes a time to talk, I arrange my schedule and in one case childcare, and then something comes up for him or he fails to confirm.   Anyway -- yes!  I'm out at work, but in a bit of a compromise.  Long story that, and also a bit stressful to negotiate.  But getting there.   I should add, having now talked through this with some people (and thought through it myself) I'm feeling a lot better about the whole thing.  I also think I'm getting the measure of the man, and that's helped my inner peace around it.  My first post was at the end of a very long day.
    • Jamie73
      According to this web page about 2 to 5 hours. https://www.uhhospitals.org/services/gender-care-services/services-and-treatments/gender-affirmation-surgery/vaginoplasty
    • KathyLauren
      My surgery took 1 hour 45 minutes, for zero-depth surgery.  I would expect full-depth to take longer.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.