• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Something I hadn't considered

Kelly2509

So I had an interesting experience today with a really good friend who has known me for about 40 years, but who I only see a couple times a year these days.  He was not the first person in my circle of friends that I came out to.  That distinction is held by another old friend of similar closeness who just happened to stumble upon me on facebook late last week.  Short backstory: I have been very slow to come out to my friends to help my wife ease into it better (it's a long story, maybe for another time).  Anyway, the one who found me last week added me as a friend and in doing so apparently I began showing up in others' "people you may know" lists (I kind of hate those lists since it takes a lot of control out of users hands).  So today my other, older friend messages me and opens with (and I'm paraphrasing) "with all the stuff we've been through together I find out about this because you showed up on the people you may know list?!"

Thankfully he was nice and supportive but obviously a bit hurt that I hadn't told him sooner.  I tried to explain that I was having a difficult time gathering the courage to contact him and a few others who I really wanted to know, and he said he understood, but he said he was disappointed I hadn't reached out last fall and that if I had it might have made those first few months a bit easier (it would have).  We're still cool and planning on getting together soon (we live in cities about 2 hours apart) but I worry I might have really hurt his feelings by not trusting him with this sooner.  This is something that NEVER occurred to me, that not only would someone whose reaction I was worried about not just accept me but be upset I waited to tell them anything.

weird days.

Kelly, it might be a good opportunity to seize the opportunity to reconnect.  The ice is clearly broken, so it might be good to keep the lines of communication with your old friend flowing now.  He might fell a little slighted now, but I'm thinking the best way to heal the small wound is to engage and take him into your confidence.  Best wishes.

8 hours ago, Sally Stone said:

Kelly, it might be a good opportunity to seize the opportunity to reconnect.  The ice is clearly broken, so it might be good to keep the lines of communication with your old friend flowing now.  He might fell a little slighted now, but I'm thinking the best way to heal the small wound is to engage and take him into your confidence.  Best wishes.

Absolutely!  When he suggested we get together I immediately started looking at my calendar and planning a trip.  We've been there for each other at our best and worst times and yesterday kind of opened my eyes that we've kind of let the distance drift us apart.  He was so right that I should have contacted him about this last year and you're right that this is a good time to rekindle our friendship!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 75 Guests (See full list)

• Avra
    • Willow
    • missyjo
    • April Marie
    • Betty K
    • VickySGV
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

BeautifulMistake
    Newest Member
    BeautifulMistake

1. Alik222
      Alik222
      (24 years old)
    2. AvaWill
      AvaWill
      (37 years old)
    3. Drewies
      Drewies
      (50 years old)
    4. JackJerryJohnTheTreeWorker
      JackJerryJohnTheTreeWorker
      (28 years old)
    5. jgram22
      jgram22
      (37 years old)
    • Willow
      The one thing about this position, if you want more hours just wait and be flexible.  I’m now working until 7:30 pm instead of 4:30.  
    • Ashley0616
      I hope your head cold goes away soon! Sorry you have to cut grass with that.   Love the new t-shirt   I love that one.    What Jeep would you want to get? That is awesome about your wife getting better!
    • Ashley0616
      Welcome Mattie! I would recommend the first step is finding a gender therapist and see if you are or aren't. Then one of the biggest steps if you are do you want to start hormone replacement therapy. The decision should be thought long and hard. There are irreversible effects. Looking forward to your next post! Take care!
    • Ashley0616
      Congratulations on being able to pick up a cancellation! I hope to hear more updates about your transition. 
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      Getting a dog maybe next month
    • Ashley0616
      Spending time with my kids and eventually will be adopting a dog next month. 
    • KymmieL
      Well every girl needs a play toy. I just happen to have 7 of them.   My hoses finally came in. have the passenger front installed. Now trying to figure out how to do the drivers side when the tire is still on and there is no room to do it.  I'll figure sumthin out.  I is smrt.   Well have the wife home with me. She wound up falling back asleep after turning her alarm off. I woke her up at 6:20. She is due to work at 6. She decided to just call in.       MaeBe that is what this thread was started for. A chat place to share our days and thoughts for the day.   Hugs   Kymmie
    • Ashley0616
      simplicity:  : the state of being simple, uncomplicated, or uncompounded : lack of subtlety or penetration : INNOCENCE, NAIVETÉ : FOLLY, SILLINESS : freedom from pretense or guile : CANDOR : directness of expression : CLARITY : restraint in ornamentation : AUSTERITY
    • MaeBe
      @Willow, it's great to hear about your wife's progress! It's also fun to hear about day-to-day stuff, like work. It's nice to think of this thread as a kind of morning chit chat place to go, like if we had a big table at The Daily Grind and were just listening and sharing over our morning brews.
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      I'm at 11 months and definitely feel much better! I did go through rollercoaster of emotions. I'm looking forward to year 2 and hopefully fill out more. congratulations on making it this far and you are correct that you are in the early stages.
    • April Marie
      Awesome news about your wife @Willow!!!   And, I hope everything goes well at work. There is certainly generational difference in how we look at employment requirements and what we expect/demand.
    • Birdie
      That's awesome news! 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.