• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Have You Truly Faced Yourself and Come to Peace with Who You Really are no matter what?

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

I know who I am now and it's hard faking it to those who don't know in certain situations. That is becoming the hard part now.

• Forum Moderator

Well, don't fake it. I used to fake it. Stopped. Life is much happier now.

Hugs!

I have always questioned my gender. And I have not come to terms with it, though I am finally reaching out for help discerning these issues. I know I am not male despite all appearances to the contrary.

• Forum Moderator
On 9/24/2021 at 2:21 PM, Shay said:

I know who I am now and it's hard faking it to those who don't know in certain situations. That is becoming the hard part now.

This is so true for me. It is hard. basically living two lives. 

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@adriannamb You nailed it. I have held back my emotions and have been fearful of rejection so long it has be normalized and it has been hard to be honest and open with others about my needs.

I came to full acceptance back in 2012. Came out to the whole family on Thanksgiving.

Of course there were signs, I left breadcrumbs all throughout my life.

I had to plot what I wanted to do about it. I had to take courage and throw caution to the ether because I had so much at stake, mainly the ego that kept me on the male path. So this year, 2021, I decided to research even more about actually transitioning. The cost. What would it cost me? I mean what is at stake?

Humility? Self esteem? Career? So called acquaintances? What will my family think?

I never had the inclination to get married and procreate, so that issue was non existent.

So to be brutally honest with the whole world, I just don't care anymore about people's opinions of me in general besides that I'm a good person, a TG girl!

• Forum Moderator

@Little Natalie good for you. People don't realize how tough this is. It is not something we asked for and unlike physical disabilities people don't see the pain and struggles we go through.

Hugs

Heather

On 9/27/2021 at 5:59 AM, Shay said:

@Little Natalie good for you. People don't realize how tough this is. It is not something we asked for and unlike physical disabilities people don't see the pain and struggles we go through.

Hugs

Heather

So True!!!

It's work in progress. One thing I've noticed though is that the growth is exponential. When I allow myself a little more freedom, the urge to be freer pushes me forward. When I assert myself by some measure, courage to do so with greater vigor results. Each time I come out to someone, it becomes easier to do so with the next person. So, the "peace" and the "no matter what" remain goals, but do not seem as far out of reach as they once did.