• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

makeup

regina

• Forum Moderator

You can contour them by plucking unwanted hairs.  Always remove from bottom to make a nice arch.  Clear the area between the brows too.  They should start about where your inner corner of the eye is.

Yes it hurts but as you keep it up the hairs get thinner and its easier.

Jani

I keep my brows well-groomed in what I would call a semi-feminine arch.  Not too extreme, but enough of an arch that they don't look masculine.  I trim and pluck to keep my brows looking nice.

I usually use a beard trimmer set to about a 4 to keep them from getting too shaggy and then tweeze in between to keep the inside ends where I want them.  Sometimes I get fancy and do the bottoms a bit to build a little bit of arch and keep any hairs off my eyelids (I come from a hairy family :P )

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, regina said:

Does anyone have or like drawn on eyebrows

Mine are tattooed on, does that count?

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Mine are tattooed on, does that count?

Hugs!

yes it does always liked the look of drawn on you can do so much more. different styles , colors add different endings  designs and widths. I dont like the current trend with women with wide thick brows

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, regina said:

yes it does always liked the look of drawn on you can do so much more. different styles , colors add different endings  designs and widths. I dont like the current trend with women with wide thick brows

I went with tattoos because I have alopecia and my skill with getting the darn things drawn straight was... appalling. Still, I got to pick a very feminine shape and I don't look quite so freakish.

Hugs!

2 hours ago, regina said:

Choose your style. You don't have to let them get "bushy". I get mine threaded.  I suck at plucking. I use a small batter operated razor like a nose trimmer to keep it looking ok between visits.

https://www.ulta.com/p/flawless-brows-eyebrow-hair-remover-xlsImpprod18981029?sku=2529281&cmpid=PS_Non!google!Product_Listing_Ads&cagpspn=pla&CATCI=aud-818838764052:pla-683425019412&CAAGID=107718644396&CAWELAID=330000200001498271&CATARGETID=330000200002459383&CADevice=c&gclid=CjwKCAjw49qKBhAoEiwAHQVTo6EWENnl2GBPCgT5JvLj3-VtIXhzt-PROczDMOs2tE8inEYA_C_zbBoCwuIQAvD_BwE

mine was alittle diffrent they got singedreal bad so I shaved them. when they came back they were sparse and scraggly so i pulled what I could and shaved the rest and thats the way I keep them now. they are pretty much permanently bald. the few strays I get I pull every once in awhile I will draw them which is seldom. I have been bald so long I wouldnt really look good and way to obvious of a change  as  people are used to seeing me with out.and if I did I would need to get a stencil

7 hours ago, regina said:

7 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I went with tattoos because I have alopecia and my skill with getting the darn things drawn straight was... appalling. Still, I got to pick a very feminine shape and I don't look quite so freakish.

Hugs!

at least you save time with your makeup.

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, regina said:

at least you save time with your makeup.

I DO. I was considering getting my eyeliner done as well, but that needle would be AWFULLY close to my eyeball...

Hugs!

7 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I DO. I was considering getting my eyeliner done as well, but that needle would be AWFULLY close to my eyeball...

Hugs!

Might I suggest semi permanent makeup. Iwas thinking about it. from what I read , it is waterproof and smear proof, supposed to last up to 2 weeks

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, regina said:

Might I suggest semi permanent makeup. Iwas thinking about it. from what I read , it is waterproof and smear proof, supposed to last up to 2 weeks

Before I invested in that, I'd need to up my skill to the point where I could draw something I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear for two weeks.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Before I invested in that, I'd need to up my skill to the point where I could draw something I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear for two weeks.

Hugs!

do you use regular eye liner it would be the same thing. as for etebrows I know tours are tattos but if they werent they make eyebrow stencils, I am thinking about getting a set

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, regina said:

do you use regular eye liner it would be the same thing. as for etebrows I know tours are tattos but if they werent they make eyebrow stencils, I am thinking about getting a set

I was getting at the part where I'm terrible at applying eyeliner. ?

I actually have stencils for eyebrows though. The thing they don't have (or at least mine don't) is an easy way to set them level. I always ended up looking like I was really interested in something. Probably less of an issue if you have actual eyebrows to use as a guide, but I am not so blessed.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

OH! Stencils. OK. Maybe the ones you're looking at? Mine... not so much.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

My... glasses?

Hugs!

Jackie, you are so funny ? anyone reading your comments needs to read every entry and not scan them. 

hugs 

If I let mine grow I look like a regular Vladimir! Let’s just say I never needed a headband! I recently prepaid my electrologist for a buy five get one free session, and then Kaiser kicked in before it was used up. She took 15 minutes at the end of one session recently to give me a wax job! WOW! I can’t believe the difference!

• 1 month later...

ok, this is what i do

firstly i shave them a grade 1, as like most i have brows that seem to grow in days lol

use a pritt stick glue to glue hairs down

use foundation an cover brows, they wont disappear yet

cover in a setting powder, dab concelour over your brows and then use setting powder again, keep on going until you cannot see your brows

i then use a brow shaper stencil that i got from ebay

i use black eye shadow to fill in the eye brow shaper stencil

once your happy with the results lightly spray hair spray over your brows to seal the makeup

dont get to close with the hairspray lol

takes about 20 mins to blott them out and redo, but trust me feminine brows really does change the whole look of your face

On 10/2/2021 at 6:14 PM, AgnesBardsie said:

If I let mine grow I look like a regular Vladimir! Let’s just say I never needed a headband! I recently prepaid my electrologist for a buy five get one free session, and then Kaiser kicked in before it was used up. She took 15 minutes at the end of one session recently to give me a wax job! WOW! I can’t believe the difference!

I got mine waxed for the first time and I was disappointed. I wanted them to be thinner but she just kept the old shape and ripped out the newer growth. I'm just going to maintain them myself until after my FFS in Jan. They should be higher up then.  I hate the fact that most of mine are actually below the supraorbital ridge. Once they grind that down and shorten the forehead they should be in a nice position. Right now I would have to remove almost all of them to get them "above" my eye socket and they would look razor thin at that point.  I don't use much makeup so going the whole concealer route and penciling them in just isn't for me.