• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Bathroom Assault

Ivy

• Admin

The New York Post is not a reliable source of information on issues regarding the Trans community, it is a Fox News type of thing which has dubious connections to anything close to truth.  That particular school district has had a small but vicious anti-Trans group of adults claiming to be parents attacking it because it is proposing to enact a non-discrimination policy against LGBT people. 

But I have seen this in some other places.  They claim there have been charges.

If it's true that does not mean that the perpetrator actually is trans.

In a way I suppose it would happen eventually.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jandi said:

But I have seen this in some other places.

Doesn't mean it actually happened either. News sources feed off of each other. One "source" declares a thing, then other news agencies cover it using the original article. Unfortunate side effect of digital journalism: Everybody is in a rush to be first, but nobody much cares about being accurate.

Hugs!

• Admin

There is no evidence presented in this article that the predator student is trans, or even that he claimed to be trans.  There is one reference to one of the victims saying he "wore a skirt."  The police didn't confirm that as fact.  Conveniently, the outraged parents are using this against the district officials over their trans student policies.  If, in fact, the school district covered something up, then that's actionable, and I wouldn't blame parents for being upset.  But whether they did or not is not clear, nor is much else from this article, other than two crimes occurred by the same alleged person.

Carolyn Marie

3 hours ago, VickySGV said:

The New York Post is not a reliable source of information on issues regarding the Trans community, it is a Fox News type of thing which has dubious connections to anything close to truth.  That particular school district has had a small but vicious anti-Trans group of adults claiming to be parents attacking it because it is proposing to enact a non-discrimination policy against LGBT people. 

Bad news, fake news. The US averages 10 mass shootings per week, while the Post makes headlines with the mention of a skirt? And what if the victim was trans? Is it the same story, then?

This is bad. This will be bought up for years if true.  

I feel horrible for the girls assaulted and doubt the boy was actually trans... But it won't matter. Another target on our backs.

3 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Doesn't mean it actually happened either. News sources feed off of each other. One "source" declares a thing, then other news agencies cover it using the original article. Unfortunate side effect of digital journalism: Everybody is in a rush to be first, but nobody much cares about being accurate

Exactly. It's a teen trans rapist in the girls room for now and evermore.

Anti-trans right wingers and TERFS can both get out the champagne tonight.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin
6 hours ago, Jandi said:

Not quite what it was made out to be.

But it did manage to achieve the desired outrage.

I had read the same account in a couple of other news sources.  But now that the supposed truth is out, and it doesn't fit the original narrative, the right wing media quickly forgot about it.

Carolyn Marie