• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Appetite changes

JustineM

I’ve noticed a rather significant decrease in my appetite since I started HRT, especially since they increased my E last appointment. During the day I’ll usually eat something small for breakfast and practically nothing else until dinner. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

• Forum Moderator

That has not been an issue for me but being active on the farm seems to require fuel.

Hugs,

Charlize

• 2 weeks later...

When I was taking oral estradiol I ate pretty normal sized meals at regular intervals and didn’t have issues, I did gain weight, but not much. Two months ago I switched to estrogen injections, oh girl! I’ve gained about 15 pounds and have had a big change in what I eat. My weight has mainly been gained in my legs and some in my stomach, i can’t wear the pants I have been wearing for years, weirdly my waist size is the same, it is just I can’t get my pants to my waist. I went up 2 waist sizes and I can get them up now but then I have extra room. Oh the joys! ?

12 hours ago, Kylie said:

When I was taking oral estradiol I ate pretty normal sized meals at regular intervals and didn’t have issues, I did gain weight, but not much. Two months ago I switched to estrogen injections, oh girl! I’ve gained about 15 pounds and have had a big change in what I eat. My weight has mainly been gained in my legs and some in my stomach, i can’t wear the pants I have been wearing for years, weirdly my waist size is the same, it is just I can’t get my pants to my waist. I went up 2 waist sizes and I can get them up now but then I have extra room. Oh the joys! ?

Why did you switch to injection? To up the dosage? 

I switched to injection for the safety. Less risk to the body versus oral. Oral has to be metabolized by the liver, which can cause liver issues in some people on a long term basis. Plus less risk of blood clots. Plus so much easier for a shot two times a month rather than pill twice a day! The downfall has just been labs every 14 days and increasing the dose because I’m still not at goal yet. But soon!